Black Temple is a Joke After 3.0.2

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Lisath » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:53 pm

Just finished clearing BT too, a bit disappointed... Blasted through the trash, AOEing everything with no downtime, everything was stupid easy.

Illidan took less than 4 minutes too, only one flame circile in P1, no eye blast in P2 though he should have done it... But flames down before the dark barrage timer war ready. No demon phase after that, and lol @ Illidan hitting for 3500 when enraged...

Well, i guess it's time to spend a month having fun blasting everything with no brain !
Lisath

Postby Tyaera » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Oh, and you don't need to pay any attention to the mechanics of RoS at all.

Our warrior tank tanked it, she died before the first enrage in phase 1.
Phase 2 we didn't interrupt anything, warrior and both paladins just went all out with TPS. Everytime she spirit shocked she'd swap between one of the tanks.
Phase 3 I hit 14k TPS.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Flashbane » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:34 pm

BT cleared in less then 3hrs :D without even a wipe. But I died during Bloodboil fight when we got him to 2% with 25 debuff on me :lol:. Coz he stick to me from 80% onwards.

RoS P1 just need 1 tank without a rogue for enrage, I happened to tank P2 :P , and P3 was real fast.

Teron could only put out 4 shadow of death, but only 2 grps of construct appeared

Its like Kara run now 8)
Flashbane

Postby Joanadark » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 pm

LOL @ 18k Glyph of Holy Light splash heals on RoS.

yes. thats the 10% splash healing for 18k.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Tyaera » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:22 pm

180k holy lights?

That seems a little high even with the debuff...
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Joanadark » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:47 pm

umm...no.

Glyph Splash double-scales. % healing increases are reapplied to the glyph heal, which is a percent of a HL heal which the % increase has already affected.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby sanctifico » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:46 am

Room by room pulls with one tank = win.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Rich » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:41 am

pre 3.0 we had trouble getting past Supremus....

Last night we cleared up to the RoS in about 2.5 hours... I pretty much AOE tanked everything, and a couple of druid tanks picked up a couple of things that snuck past me
Rich

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:00 am

It was really awesome having 3-4 people's worth of Constructs in the raid... and not wiping. And tanking/killing Illidan on my first attempt ever.
Belloc

Postby Torquemada » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:48 am

We killed Gorefiend on the second person's ghost, so we only got 1 construct into the raid total. It was strange. We only had 3 people die in the fire, and it only took us two bubbles to kill Naj. They want to go to Hyjal for Sunday, and I'm tempted to make them take my Warrior tank so I can get geared up/badges, and have the RL Warrior tank do trash as well as bosses and just freeload.
Torquemada

Postby phaqueue » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:55 pm

just finished a 2 hour alt/pug BT... nuff said
phaqueue

Postby Petrus » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:52 am

Yeah BT was a joke for my guild, too. Our main prot paladin was ret and after figuring out that we could blast through it anyway and didn't need me to spec holy (which I've been doing since I joined this guild so that I could get prot loot), they let me tank and I had a BLAST. Soooo much fun. Council took a few tries because of the mage tank trying to get his addons working, but it was done in less than two and a half hours. Pretty fair loot, too; the warrior MT got his bulwark, top healer got the first Memento we've seen, I got some boots, Reliquary dropped crap, but bloodboil dropped a belt and a cloak that went to good use.

I'm a fan of the changes, if only because it means I can tank and I don't heal anymore. I leveled prot, MT'd through Kara and ZA for my original guild (that all my alts and my co-main mage are all still members of), MT'd Gruul, Mag... then joined this T6 guild and ended up being forced to raid holy or not raid at all. So I'm pretty happy with the changes right now.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeryia » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:47 pm

Worldie wrote:You aren't telling anything new :)

Since we're going to semipug BT this sunday, anyone knows if you can manage Shahraz with just half raid (due to most people not having SR so basically dead after 1 or 2 mins)

We brought a pug where only 2 members had SR gear for Mother. We downed her after 3 attempts.
The PUG's gear quality was mostly T5.

The fight became more like a dps race. Kill the boss before we run out of people. Only a select few could survive the teleports. Our wipes where caused both times by someone being ported next to the raid group.
Jeryia

Postby Sober » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:51 pm

6/9 in one night and we had only been up to gorefiend ... funky, considering it took us a whole raid night to get akama down and gorefiend > us before the patch
Sober

Postby Belarkan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:31 pm

We headed toward BT yesteday. The place is a nice joke for sure.
We were 4/9 before the patch, we went to illidary concil (got them at 50% at the second try but we hadn't the time to prepare for them).
Bosses are just a dps race, no need to have strategy on them.

We had two issues.
First we had to read the bosses fights on the flight. We expected a couple of wipe on gurtogg (first time seen, pull and killed).
Second we had the master loot not being able to dps because he spent his time looting :roll:
Belarkan

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple