Remove Advertisements

Illidan Phase 2 Eye Beam/Blaze Issues

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:08 am

Melee definitively cannot attack them except when the flame tank passes close to their party.

It's still better to move them, the flame patches still tick for 5k unresisted per second.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Frickit » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:59 pm

first night on this as the second fr tank

started with 368 buffed fr and took a melee hit from flame for close to 17k(crit?) i was slightly crittable.

finally got through my phase several times with uncrit and 322 fire resist.

how did i take a 17k melee with 368 fr?

some times i survived beautifully and other times i felt like my hp was draining too fast for comfort and causing deaths at the end of the phase. i wasnt really doing anything differnt except taking a few more blaze ticks...

any advice at all?

oh and how do i get a quiet mt to tell us where illidan is positioned when the leaders are like "we're calling out when it comes, you should be able to move" ? lawl beam popped right on my head at one point but somehow i lived.
Frickit

Postby Helpunot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:07 pm

Frickit wrote:first night on this as the second fr tank

started with 368 buffed fr and took a melee hit from flame for close to 17k(crit?) i was slightly crittable.

finally got through my phase several times with uncrit and 322 fire resist.

how did i take a 17k melee with 368 fr?

some times i survived beautifully and other times i felt like my hp was draining too fast for comfort and causing deaths at the end of the phase. i wasnt really doing anything differnt except taking a few more blaze ticks...

any advice at all?

oh and how do i get a quiet mt to tell us where illidan is positioned when the leaders are like "we're calling out when it comes, you should be able to move" ? lawl beam popped right on my head at one point but somehow i lived.

The fire add is a lvl 73, and thus can crit you for 17k+ fire damage regardless of your resist gear unless you have 490 defense. I learned this the hard way and ended up spending an irritating night about our 4th kill in of trying to get my gear straightened up while wiping. Do you absolutely NEED 490 defense? No, you don't, but if you get critted and die and someone links a deathstring, your gonna look bad.

I am not Fire capped at all, just can't get there without regemming gear and such which I am not gonna do for a boss we have on farm. I don't have a second set of tank gear for the pieces that would need to have more defense on them. So I go with 490 defense, and around 295-325 fully buffed fire resistance (been a little while since I even looked). At this point its just up to the healers to keep you up with the more average fire damage you will be taking.
Helpunot

Previous

Return to Black Temple