Remove Advertisements

Black Temple - Shade of Akama

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Caelia » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:30 am

we had a warrior tank all the defenders, i took another side and we had 2 warriors on the other side, they made me use a sheep!!! i died a little that night. we tried me twice on the defenders and i couldnt hold agro for shit, so i came on here and read this post and they put me on a side and then we downed him.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Mouse » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:08 am

I found the "tab target mobs before they spawned" was an AMAZING help, whoever mentioned that pages back.

1 war was on defs in the middle, I was on one side, feral druid and prot war were on the other (we run tank heavy sometimes, a mistake imo).

THe only thing that gets me is if i accidentally throw the shield when I tab to a defender lol. :P

How few healers can we get by with on this one?
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby Nagmos » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:11 pm

Mouse wrote:I found the "tab target mobs before they spawned" was an AMAZING help, whoever mentioned that pages back.

1 war was on defs in the middle, I was on one side, feral druid and prot war were on the other (we run tank heavy sometimes, a mistake imo).

THe only thing that gets me is if i accidentally throw the shield when I tab to a defender lol. :P

How few healers can we get by with on this one?

3 tanks and a feral druid isn't tank heavy, if you ask me. My guild runs the same setup. As to your healer question, looking back at the last couple of weeks for my guild, we run black temple with 8 healers, usually priest heavy(4-5) because we've had a recent rash of shaman, druid and paladins playtime cuts.
Nagmos

Postby Eliane » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:38 pm

Worldie wrote:We don't use sheeps on my side, my group nukes the elementalist, then spiritbinder then the rogue. They don't last more than some seconds each anyway.

I revised our tactic for my side to this today. Works perfectly.
Eliane

Different odd defender behavior

Postby tackle » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:56 am

I successfully tanked a side last night for the first time. Tips about prespawn targeting helped me create a macro to target and judge then everything worked. however the defenders displayed some very odd behavior. I was spaming concecrate and so the defenders recieved a tick or two as they ran to the akama. The Defender tank (warrior) would pick up for a while then would run back to me, bang on me then head back to the correct tank.
The are still bugged for me as we did 1 partial attempt with me tanking them (gave up after they wandered to the healers and swapped on the fly with warrior on the side). We killed shade that attempt so didn't get to try much.

Has anyone else experience defenders wandering back to you after they get to akama?
tackle

Postby Blakeley » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:05 am

Yep. Defenders on Akama are still bugged. Send in a bug report too. Lets see if it gets fixed any time soon.
Blakeley

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:43 am

Blakeley wrote:Yep. Defenders on Akama are still bugged. Send in a bug report too. Lets see if it gets fixed any time soon.

Confirmed, bugged out for me on Sunday (2/10).
Dragonzbane

2.4 Righteous Defense & Defender

Postby Dianora » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:25 am

With the new Righteous Defense, can we now tank the Defenders now? I know the new 2.4 change is mostly so Paladin can tank the demon in Kaleco fight, but this seemed to have implication on the defenders as well. Their initial aggro is ALWAYS on Akama himself, the new mechanism should allow us to take the hit instead of Akama.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby sanctifico » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:33 am

Ive tanked the sides and the Defenders, no problem at either (less damage at sides)

we;re running Tankadin, Prot War, Feral and Arms war (both dps unless there are more than two hard hitters)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Atreidies » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:37 am

Just means paladins should be able to loot glaives so we can put out threat old school style via SotC and hold them imo.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Questioner » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:54 am

Why would anyone WANT to tank the defenders? Avenger's shield is the best thing around for picking up the sides. Screw mages, just shield toss and burn the healers, makes it so much easier. My side is cleared in half the time of the other side.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby sanctifico » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:56 am

I only tanked the defenders on the first few tries (we figured my aoe tanking abilities would make it easier)

Ferals and warriors seem to have some difficulty controling the sides :p
Our newest feral lost a rogue and elementalist, and then the next wave went awol too. luckily we only get two waves and i managed to get them under control before they killed anyone ( gotta love warrior AoE taunts i use my 30y taunt and AS and consecrate in the corner with a few hots)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Pillze » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:02 am

I was tanking the defenders on Shade and couldn't hold agro to save my life. Do the defenders not register magic dmg or something? Is that the bug?

Glad to know I wasn't failing hardcore. Didn't look to good on my part for a second run with a new guild >.>
Pillze

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:31 am

As said multiple times, defenders ignore threat from nature and holy spells.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tekkel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:34 am

Tanked one side tonight. Totally easy, damn mage kept trying to sheep though :P
Only issue is that u hardly get hit so no mana return.
Tekkel

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple