Remove Advertisements

Raar. Got to tank Najentus and died, is this my fault?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby PsiVen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Unless you were the one casting those FoLs I don't think it was your problem.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Conaan! » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:29 pm

when my guild first tried naj this was our exact problem, our warrior going down because people wouldnt heal him, the one night hes absent i yell at my healers to pay attention to their assignments and we get him down the first try of the night (2nd night).

sometimes you just need to remind your healers, if your not being healed, there isnt going to ever be enough healing in the world that will keep your raid up.
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby majorwoo » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:52 am

Yeah, we've downed him consistently for some time now, this was just my first shot at being MT on him. A new week starts tomorrow, maybe I'll be lucky and were short mages again. :)
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Macha » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:50 am

That's one of the biggest heal failures I saw in a log, like ever.
One healer actually healing you would have caused you to survive.
Macha

Postby vschiano2008 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 am

Worldie wrote:Yea but i meant

"1.5 heals on tank healing??????"

LMAO

reminds me of when this new priest joined our guild- he says 'i don't have CoH, im disc/holy. I'm like a paladin, i only flash heal'

.. i was like well.. our pally's dont flash heal.

he continued to ramble about me being wrong. i refuse to bring him to my ZA runs anyway :/ he's fail

and if 3 regrowth ticks got off and all you got was 1 flash of light and 1 holy light.. WTF was going on. thats a long ass time.

was it far into the fight? i know it's easy to go oom if your helping with raid heals.
vschiano2008

Re: Raar. Got to tank Najentus and died, is this my fault?

Postby Belarkan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:24 am

majorwoo wrote:+502 hot (regrowth tick)
+1869 flash of light
+869 hot (earth shield)
+2936 flash of light (crit)
+502 hot (regrowth tick)
+869 hot (earth shield)
+5325 holy light (crit)
+502 hot (regrowth tick)
+1982 flash of light

Basically, you just had 2 hots + flash of lights.
Drop those 3+ healers and just get 1 real.
Belarkan

Postby warden » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:03 am

I had something similar to this happen the other night, although I can't honestly remember where. I found my solution to be whispering one of my good friends that was healing, (although he was assigned to raid heal) and ask him to keep an extra careful eye on me, in case the other healers decided raid healing for meters was more important than killing the boss. The boss went down no problem, but it was close. After the kill, I linked a couple meters in raid, showing nearly 85% of my incoming heals was from the friend spamming frantically to keep me up (he just stayed on me once he saw me hit 40ish % and not going back up) with less than 10% overheal. After thanking the friend for saving a wipe, people focused on their assignments a bit better.
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby sanctifico » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 am

I had a simular problem when I first tanked Teron, I threw it in their faces with a WWS that showed that it was about 2% more damage per second and that the boss died 24seconds faster due to no longer loosing melee/ranged damage to threat capping. Since then things have changed my gear's better for one (up from T4/T5 gear) I'm currently on par with our Warrior MT in this guild for mitigation and threat (although he steals 10% of my threat all the time)

Paladin healing guide.

Pre 3.0.2
Paladins in BT = HL on Tanks
FOL on a Tank = BAD & -DKP if it keeps happening.

Post 3.0.2
If outgearing BT, FOL may be acceptable (i.e. crits for 4.5k and has 65% crit chance)
If new/undergeared HL HL HL HL HL HL!

Sunwell - HL HL HL HL HL!

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Biscotti » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:45 am

Specifically on Najentus, I find the best approach is to Bacon the tank and drop healbombs on the melee group (who tend to take more splash than the ranged) with HL/HS as fits the situation.
Biscotti

Postby sanctifico » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:54 am

Biscotti wrote:Specifically on Najentus, I find the best approach is to Bacon the tank and drop healbombs on the melee group (who tend to take more splash than the ranged) with HL/HS as fits the situation.

Very bad idea imo as beacon only transfers actuall healing, it doesnt transfer overheal. The healing on the MT will be spiky as hell, most likley leading to a wipe.

Just stick a pair of healers on the MT, doesnt matter which classes anymore.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Belloc » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:47 am

sanctifico wrote:
Biscotti wrote:Specifically on Najentus, I find the best approach is to Bacon the tank and drop healbombs on the melee group (who tend to take more splash than the ranged) with HL/HS as fits the situation.

Very bad idea imo as beacon only transfers actuall healing, it doesnt transfer overheal. The healing on the MT will be spiky as hell, most likley leading to a wipe.

Just stick a pair of healers on the MT, doesnt matter which classes anymore.
I think that the raid takes more damage than the MT on Naj'entus these days :)
Belloc

Postby Biscotti » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:23 am

Precisely.
Biscotti

Previous

Return to Black Temple