Black Temple - Supremus

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:57 pm

Doing with only 1 offtank is like playing lottery, melees can easily die for that.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:38 am

Questioner wrote:Image

Nobody enjoys this boss.

lol, a few enh shamans and rogues standing infront of him? Parrygib!
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:10 am

No, i've been checking this, and if one of the Hurtful strikes misses-gets parryed-gets dodged, he will istantly redo it.

I quite remind a couple of time him trying to nuke our MT which had avoidance gear on and avoided 6 or 7 strikes in a row, and i thought he had overaggroed me since he kept targetting him for 10 or more seconds.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jonlo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:17 am

Worldie wrote:No, i've been checking this, and if one of the Hurtful strikes misses-gets parryed-gets dodged, he will istantly redo it.

I quite remind a couple of time him trying to nuke our MT which had avoidance gear on and avoided 6 or 7 strikes in a row, and i thought he had overaggroed me since he kept targetting him for 10 or more seconds.

This exact same thing would happen on Patchwerk. There used to be a bug where Hateful wouldn't consume the 100% parry bonus on Wrath, and so he'd chain Hatefuls on the same OT the entire fight.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:50 am

If he attempted to hit you again instantly, you'd get 9 parried attacks in your log all in the same second, followed by the hit. Instead, he just uses it again when it comes off cooldown one second later, and you're still the highest hp in range (because you parried the last one and haven't taken damage). So if it's taking him 10+ seconds to land a swing, then it's not an instant re-attempt, it's just using it on the same target after the cooldown fades. Based on Questioner's screenshot, we can see that Hateful Strike really does only have a 1-1.5 second cooldown (hit at 1:43:48, hit at 1:43:49), so he's not doing it any faster when tanks parry; he's just very likely to hit the same guy on the next cooldown because they're still on top of health.

Patchwerk would target the offtanks the entire fight, the only reason we knew I was MT'ing was the endless stream of 2k hits in my log. This is the exact same mechanic as far as I can tell.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Ivliss » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:31 am

Our guild tries Supremus last night for the first time, and I was MT. We ended up wiping on the second attempt after I went down. Holding threat was no problem, but I am wondering if a 20% dodge, 16% parry, and 25% block, with 19.6 K buffed health (pre comanding shout) is enough mitgation and health to tank him. Anyone with some experience on this boss care to comment, thanks ahead of time for any info.
Ivliss/ 70 Prot Pally/ Baelgun
Ivliss

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:35 am

Healers have to learn how to heal you during transitions. They can't go away too quickly but they can't land a heal on you right away either. I tanked it with inferior stats with no problems.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:36 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Healers have to learn how to heal you during transitions. They can't go away too quickly but they can't land a heal on you right away either. I tanked it with inferior stats with no problems.

what he said

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:05 am

Non tanking question..

We killed Najentus on my priest's guild, and since i'm the RL, i'd love some infos on how to make the tanks not dying on Supremus at the transitions due to healers being too far.
I tried assigning each party a spot where to stay like we do in my pally's guild, but looked like i did something wrong cause people were too far at the end of the kite phase and the tankadin got spanked hard :S
It's not by far his gear, he got basically all the badge loots (including new ones) and part of Kara/ZA/Gruul gear so is basically better geared than me when we first killed him <.<

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mortehl » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:05 am

The tanks need to be moving full steam with the rest of the raid while they run. Trust me, your epic 300 DPS isn't going to help get Supremus down by the enrage timer and lagging behind increases your chance of having a volcano spawn on you while you're running near some other bastards volcano which equals dead tank.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby YoYoMa » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:03 am

we just put symbols over the tanks' heads so the healers can see them more easily and always try to keep the tank in range when the transitions are about to begin.

We also have healers follow each of the tanks because once in a while he'll gaze somebody that is waaay far away and one of us can't get there so we just make sure healers are split across the tanks just in case.
YoYoMa

Postby Eneroth » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:01 am

We use three, depending if we have two prot warriors if we do then I throw on my healing gear to help out. Its either one prot warrior, feral druid myself or two prot warriors and the feral druid. But yeah we tried it with two, it's doable with two but so much easier with three.
Eneroth

Postby Widdox » Thu May 01, 2008 6:53 am

Do you try and keep the entire raid within 40 yards? Or do you just let people spread way out?
Widdox

Postby YoYoMa » Thu May 01, 2008 7:05 am

we keep everybody spread out around him during p1 (just to help avoid fire stacking) and then with about 2-3 seconds before transition the melee run out in case they are first targets and everybody else just starts to back up as well.
YoYoMa

Postby Morganim » Thu May 01, 2008 7:47 am

Worldie wrote:Non tanking question..

We killed Najentus on my priest's guild, and since i'm the RL, i'd love some infos on how to make the tanks not dying on Supremus at the transitions due to healers being too far.
I tried assigning each party a spot where to stay like we do in my pally's guild, but looked like i did something wrong cause people were too far at the end of the kite phase and the tankadin got spanked hard :S
It's not by far his gear, he got basically all the badge loots (including new ones) and part of Kara/ZA/Gruul gear so is basically better geared than me when we first killed him <.<

me and the 2 tanks usually follow him around always auto attacking, so we just have someone follow us around lol
Morganim

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple