Black Temple - Supremus

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Black Temple - Supremus

Postby Lore » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:11 pm

Supremus is a big ugly infernal dude that's one part Thaladred and one part Patchwerk. Add volcanos and burning patches of ground, season to taste.

I've been wearing healing gear for this fight. There's nothing in particular to stop us from holding the MT position here, but we have a solid Warrior tank to do the job so I just make myself useful. It's next to impossible for us to hold the OT position effectively, as you'll see. Here's the bosskillers strat: http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbgu ... GeIQvewAiU

Phase 1
If you've done Patchwerk, you've done Supremus phase 1. He hits pretty hard on the MT, and does an off-target Hateful Strike on the person with the highest CURRENT HP in Melee range. Druids make pretty amazing OT's for this with their enormous HP pool. There is no aggro component to the Hateful Strikes.

He uses his Molten Flame ability all throughout this phase, just make sure no one stands in it. It's pretty easy to avoid. As long as the OT is getting quickly topped off, Phase 1 is easy.

After 60 seconds, Supremus will swap to Phase 2.

Phase 2
If you've done Kael'thas (which you obviously have if you're in Black Temple), you've done Supremus phase 2. He acts almost exactly like Thaladred in the Kael'thas encounter. He'll pick a random person in the raid and walk towards them. He has a Molten Punch ability he can use that does 5k damage and knocks his target away a fairly large amount - use this to your advantage. Kite him around the whole room, don't be afraid to use the space you have available. He also has a tendency to run at his next target for a second when switching gazes, which is kind of annoying but hasn't resulted in any deaths for us yet.

During Phase 2 he'll spawn volcanoes on random people around the room. These have to be moved far away from of at all costs. If one spawns on top of you, it can tick 3 or 4 times before you're fully out of its radius - be ready to pop a healthstone or healing potion if things get messy.

Aggro isn't a concern phase 2, but we've found it most effective to focus on staying the hell away from him and not worry too much about DPS'ing him during this phase. He has an enrage timer, but he can be DPS'ed down well before hitting it if you only focus DPS on him during phase 1. Make sure you or whoever is MT'ing him gets a misdirect for the transition back to phase 1, as he's pretty difficult to pick up.

After 60 seconds he goes back to phase 1, and the tank will have to pick him up quickly. At that point it's back and forth til he's dead. Under 20% (25%?) the volcanoes shoot their little lava bombs a lot faster, so it's extra important to stay far away from them. Other than that, another easy fight, enjoy =)
Last edited by Lore on Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Prepared » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:07 pm

Is the transition back to Phase 1 after 60 seconds as well?
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Lore » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:28 pm

Whoops, yes it is, I'll edit that in.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:29 pm

Our feral druid was AWOL for our first kill tonight, so I OT'd him with our other prot warrior. Healing was more stressful than we expected I think, his Hateful Strike repeatedly went back-to-back and once smacked me for 11k.

No real reason not to be able to OT if you use 2, but a feral druid is definitely superior.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Daeren » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:23 am

A paladin MT for good burst threat at the start of the fight could work, no?

I mean, it doesn't seem like he hits that hard on the MT ,and paladins do produce better burst threat than warriros.
Daeren

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:08 am

Well sure, but the fight doesn't really demand burst threat and a T5+ warrior will have similar average TPS. Exorcism for pickups is nice but basically just compensates for Intercept / Feral Charge.
All the same, no reason not to MT him if needed.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:02 am

Yeah there's no reason not to use a Paladin MT here, it just works out best for my raid that I put on healing gear and let our Warrior MT.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Daeren » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:16 am

Ah well, nothing fun here either.

Is there some boss where we really can shine?
Daeren

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:18 am

Yep, I'll get a Shade of Akama writeup here in a few.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Prepared » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:37 am

Daeren wrote:Ah well, nothing fun here either.

I've never seen a Warrior single-tank the entire R&J Opera event, but I know that's not what you meant. :P
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Daeren » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:09 am

Prepared wrote:
Daeren wrote:Ah well, nothing fun here either.

I've never seen a Warrior single-tank the entire R&J Opera event, but I know that's not what you meant. :P

Sure, there are some stuff where we own, like void reaver really took a liking to me, I hold aggro aroubnd 50% of the time while being 4 tanks, and I wasn't the one starting with aggro.

Was just wondering if there's anywhere where we can say: God, that was awesome w ith a paladin tank.

I'm in guild with 3 other prot warriros, so I get to shine on high threat and burst-threat where noone else can win over me.
Daeren

Postby Barter » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:17 am

The Hateful Strike is on the melee with the most current hp as you say or on the second aggro as bosskillers says?
We are gonna try him today and just wanted to clear that up.
Barter

Postby Gerilith » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:44 am

Barter wrote:The Hateful Strike is on the melee with the most current hp as you say or on the second aggro as bosskillers says?
We are gonna try him today and just wanted to clear that up.

Highest HP but the guy with main aggro gets hatefuls. Bosskillers tends to talk shit sometimes.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:29 am

Every our attempt confirms the Max HP version.

Hell, one of our druids was just near him and didn't even press autoattack button and got the 2nd hurtful strike :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:24 am

Yeah I've been OT'ing him successfully for a while now, not sure what I was thinking when I said it wasn't possible >.>
Lore
Global Mod

Next

Return to Black Temple