Remove Advertisements

Black Temple - High Warlord Naj'entus

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Levantine » Fri May 16, 2008 3:00 am

Spell hit is terrible.
Levantine

Postby Lev » Fri May 16, 2008 3:19 am

Levantine wrote:Spell hit is terrible.

why?
Concecration and judgements profit out of it. So does the SoV proc, doesn't it?

And... would normal hit be any profit besides more SoR proccs?
Lev

Postby Levantine » Fri May 16, 2008 3:22 am

Consecration gets exatcly nothing from Spellhit.
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Fri May 16, 2008 3:39 am

I'd suggest you a look here
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=3678
to clarify your doubts
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lev » Fri May 16, 2008 3:50 am

Thx Worldie. I've been around these forums a long time but totally missed your sticky (maybe going for mor brain hit rating now ^^ )

So, my gearing is not as bad as i thought :roll:
/happy
Lev

Postby Zaephod » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:52 pm

I discovered something tonight that annoyed the hell out of me, but could help explain why, in general, paladin TPS on Naj'entus is so low.

I use the normal threat rotation: Holy Shield -> Judge -> SoR -> Consecrate -> repeat. I use it on all bosses and add in exorcism if I can. But after tonight's Naj'entus kill, I was explaining to a mage where the majority of my damage, and therefore, threat comes from during boss fights. I linked him my Recount report and consecrate wasn't on there at all.

Apparently he was not part of the 2.2 patch that fixed consecrate for large creatures. Because this annoyed me so much, I checked on Supremus too. Sure enough, no consecrate ticks the first tank and spank phase. I had to move into his circle to fix that problem. Granted I never noticed a threat problem b/c Supremus is nice to us for threat.

In conclusion, on Naj'entus and Supremus, move into their circle on the floor and your TPS should go up by the amount consecrate ticks for normally. Their hit boxes for melee are not the appropriate size for consecration to hit them.

Oh yeah - my source about patch 2.2: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/patch2p20.html
Image Image
Zaephod

Postby jere » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:38 am

Zaephod wrote:I discovered something tonight that annoyed the hell out of me, but could help explain why, in general, paladin TPS on Naj'entus is so low.

I use the normal threat rotation: Holy Shield -> Judge -> SoR -> Consecrate -> repeat. I use it on all bosses and add in exorcism if I can. But after tonight's Naj'entus kill, I was explaining to a mage where the majority of my damage, and therefore, threat comes from during boss fights. I linked him my Recount report and consecrate wasn't on there at all.

Apparently he was not part of the 2.2 patch that fixed consecrate for large creatures. Because this annoyed me so much, I checked on Supremus too. Sure enough, no consecrate ticks the first tank and spank phase. I had to move into his circle to fix that problem. Granted I never noticed a threat problem b/c Supremus is nice to us for threat.

In conclusion, on Naj'entus and Supremus, move into their circle on the floor and your TPS should go up by the amount consecrate ticks for normally. Their hit boxes for melee are not the appropriate size for consecration to hit them.

Oh yeah - my source about patch 2.2: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/patch2p20.html

Yeah, I noticed this as well when I started tanking them. I had to adjust my positioning.
jere

Postby Janduin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:51 am

Yeah, after tanking a guild DST run the other day (it actually dropped), Gruul is still affected by it too. I had to run into him to get consecrate to hit the fat bastard.
Janduin

Postby Zaephod » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:05 pm

I had been operating on the principle of they said it was fixed, my threat increased, everything must be working properly. That idea completely failed to account for the gear I was getting. Live and learn...and tell others what you've learned so that they don't make the same mistake :). I posted this on the bug report forum on the US forums: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=7475718385&sid=1 just in case any of y'all would like to try to bump it for more attention.

I had been running 720 spell damage, before JotC, on this guy to try to help things out. I'll probably continue with that set just b/c we've got some very competitive (with eachother) dps that I'm sure would love the wiggle room.

We really need to keep people informed of such issues so that this doesn't affect them too.
Image Image
Zaephod

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:28 pm

Then why i still regularly hit both bosses with consecration?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:52 pm

because you run in to judge them, not frisbee em? ^^

The bugs annoying but real easy to fix tbh. Just take a few steps forward and bang, it's not missing ticks at all.
Seloei

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:58 pm

Seloei wrote:because you run in to judge them, not frisbee em? ^^

The bugs annoying but real easy to fix tbh. Just take a few steps forward and bang, it's not missing ticks at all.

That's true for the most part, but some bosses with big hit boxes may reposition themselves which can be dangerous. It may be a model thing too, on my dwarf, the only boss I can remember having the problem with after the fix was Prince, and then only if my back was tight against the wall.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:59 pm

Fridmarr wrote:on my dwarf

lol dwarf.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Zaephod » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:39 pm

Worldie wrote:Then why i still regularly hit both bosses with consecration?

Could just be differences between your style and mine. On Naj'entus I pick my spot, the raid positions around me and I get a misdirect pull. For Supremus, I pull him myself but generally just run into Exorcism/Shield Range cast both and let him come to me.

I'll be changing those methods, but I figured it was worth noting.
Image Image
Zaephod

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:42 pm

I do it like you do Zeph, and I hit perfectly fine.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Black Temple