@ Worldie..

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

@ Worldie..

Postby Tieran » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:18 am

From reading your Illidan guide I get the impression you were one of the first paladins to say "hey there is a prot tree and Im gonna use it for PvE" ... AND do a good job.

My question is this then - When you first started tanking Black Temple, what did your stats look like? In particular when you first started tanking bosses like Illidan.

Was he already a farmed boss? Thus you being *overgeared* or am I reading the guide too literally?

I am sure this would have been pre-buffs from blizz but I haven't been playing long enough to know how drastic they were.

Thanks
Tieran

Postby Maelstrom » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:28 am

It was a progression kill, i.e. they had not killed Illidan before. Worldie was significantly undergeared (Or at least says he was) o:
Maelstrom

Postby Tieran » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:57 am

Ok cool - and I guess they were there pretty early so that would put him out of all the buffs.

Still I dont know what said buffs are just heard them being talked about in alot of threads :D

My guess is that makes him at less than 16k HP ub with stats like 25% dodge and block and very little parry .. confirm/deny?
Tieran

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:02 pm

My stats when we started black temple were... hum, somewhere close to 13500 HP, 20% dodge, 18% parry, 30%ish block unbuffed.

We had just got the 10% HP buff from blizzard, 2.3 came a week or two before we started BT.

I was actually undergeared for Illidan, only BT-MH pieces i had were Supremus shoulders, T6 legs, Illidari Runeshield and Hammer of Judgement. Rest was a mix of T5 and drops from SSC/TK. If you check the video, you can see i still had Boots of the Resilient and T5 gloves as well as the Belt of the Guardian.
If i'm not wrong i had:
Head - Tankatronic Goggles
Neck - Darkener Grasp
Shoulders - Supremus ones, i always forget the name
Chest - 2.3 badge chest
Wrist - Wristguards of Determination
Gloves - T5 gloves
Belt - Belt of the guardian
Leg - T6 legs
Boots - Boots of the Resilient
Ring 1 - Ring of Sundered Souls
Ring 2 - Hyjal Honored (or Revered) ring
Trinket 1 - Moroes Pocket Watch
Trinket 2 - Scarab of Displacement
Weapon - Hammer of Judgement
Shield - Illidari Runeshield
Libram - 5% block obviously :)

I still wonder how did i convince them to let me tank illidan since our former main tank was 4/5 T6 due to loot prio :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tieran » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:52 pm

A more in depth reply I couldnt have ask for :)

Thanks alot! :D
Tieran

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:43 am

"I haz no fire gears, gief Demon plox"?

Still wondering if its better for a paladin to tank Illidan than a warrior or if its another fight we have benefits in, but I will never get to tank :(.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:57 am

2ndNin wrote:"I haz no fire gears, gief Demon plox"?

Still wondering if its better for a paladin to tank Illidan than a warrior or if its another fight we have benefits in, but I will never get to tank :(.
Paladins effectively take less damage than an equally geared warrior, and generate more threat.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:58 am

We also take more damage and generate less threat on flames than warriors, that was the reason for me tanking Illidan instead of our warriors.

Plus, yellow is stylish,.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:49 am

:P so my tongue in cheek comment was right then :P
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby hopps » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:46 am

illidan imho is a fight where war/pal can be swapped and the only major difference your going to see is skill, I still pull within 20 tps of war/druids on flames according to rehfield and take alot less dmg but its just from experience and being comfortable with the flames, and on our first kill I tanked illidan in FR gear for a good 60 seconds because warrior was logged saving flask when encounter started :) Be the tank they choose because of your skill/knowledge not just based on numbers
hopps

Postby Lore » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:53 am

Worldie wrote:We had just got the 10% HP buff from blizzard, 2.3 came a week or two before we started BT.

pfft. PFFT I SAY.

We killed Illidan a month and a half before 2.3 was released, AND I tanked it. You whippersnappers...
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:10 am

lies, you were tanking flames!

(which is, i must admit, funnier than tanking illidan himself)

I think teckbot was the only one who prog-tanked him before 2.3. Poor him

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:28 am

Wich was only due to the fact they where aiming for a kill as fast as posibile and they had lost one of their fire rez tanks and he didn't have Fr but their MT did :P

Anyhow I tanked illidan aswell , wearing something like this

Tankatronics Helm
RoS neck
Hyjal Cloack
Badge Chest ( the one that came with ZA )
Naj'entus Bracers
Hyjal Dildo
Kaz'rogal Shield
Badge block libram
Badge ZA gloves
Gurtogg Belt
Badge ZA legs
Akama boots
Morogrim Ring +Hyjal Ring
Pocket Watch and SMI

Just to give a idea I was very undergeared to our warrior , he was wearing 5/6 tier 6 with all the items from BT he needed ( except SMI and gurtogg belt )

There are a few reasons wich make a paladin more strong then a warrior

1: Less shears
2: Warriors take ALOT less dmg on flames then us
3: If you only got 1 warrior tank he can intervene you saving your life DOZEN of times
Io.Draco

Postby Tieran » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 am

hopps wrote:Be the tank they choose because of your skill/knowledge not just based on numbers

Both me and our Warr Mt are more than capable in the skills department.
We both know our 2.4.3 classes very well *I would say*. What then?

Its hard however as tanking can come down to numbers in this situation, skill doesn't mitigate inc damage, nor allow you to dodge attacks.

@ Io.draco - I still wont get to tank Illidan despite having similar gear (less armor mind) because old habbits die hard and some people still see warrior when they see the word tank.
Tieran

Postby Tieran » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:00 am

Anyways Mother down :D People with FA seemed to get drawn towards the raid like nothing else but she got her comeuppance in the end :D
Tieran

Next

Return to Black Temple