Supremus doesn't like Blood Elves >.>

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:00 am

Like gruul, his hateful involves him switching targets, were you checking omen? I don't bother generating threat if my mana isn't full while soaking Hatefuls, and still take them.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Arkness » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:12 pm

Lore wrote:Supremus "primes" his hateful strike, meaning he decides who he's going to use it on when he first uses it. After that point he can add new targets but he'll leave his existing list alone. Some examples:

Say you've got two offtanks, plus the main tank. Off of the pull, all the melee and tanks run in. When he primes his HS, his list will look like this:

OT
OT
melee
melee
etc.

You get through that phase and the kite phase, and he starts the next tank phase. Say one of your offtanks is way out of range, but two of the melee run in to start DPS immediately. He hateful strikes, and it hits the first OT, but his list looks like this:

OT
melee
melee

Right after that, the second OT arrives. Now, say the first OT doesn't get topped off right away, or gets hit enough that his HP drops below that of one of the melees standing next to him. Supremus HS'es again, and kills one of the two melee standing there (ignoring the other OT). Now his list looks like this:

OT
melee (dead)
melee
OT
etc

Melee #2 is going to die.

It's for that reason that you usually want melee DPS to stay out until all of the tanks are in range AND he uses HS.

Lore is this fact ? If so it explains a lot of dead melee in last night's raid.
Last edited by Arkness on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkness

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:13 pm

It's pretty much like it works, yes.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:27 am

Did as lore Suggested before and it works. Supremus doesn't have problems with Cooties anymore.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:32 am

Arcand wrote:The conclusion is simple enough, but I won't be happy until I'm sure I understand the mechanism.

Are you saying that right after he throws Hateful Strike #n, he instantly takes a 'health snapshot' and selects the target for strike #n+1 and he's going to Strike at that target no matter what heals land in the interim?

Sort of. He makes a list of everyone in his melee range, ordered by max health. He just doesn't recreate or reorder that list until the next tank phase, and sticks anyone else that shows up on the bottom of it, so OT's arriving late/melee arriving early means you've got melee before OT's on the list.

EDIT: More directly answering your question, he doesn't decide ahead of time who he's going to hit with it - he makes that decision when he makes the attack. If the #1 on his list isn't topped off though, he'll move to the next.

If I had to guess the exact mechanics, I'd say that he creates the list in order of max health, but decides his target by % of max health. So when he "primes" his list with OT/OT/Rogue, and both OT's are <100% but the Rogue is topped off, he kills the rogue. If melee stay out until he primes the attack (which happens the first time he uses it) they can stay off of the list.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Heironeous » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:04 am

Also notable after a night of screwy behavior we saw that Supremus will Reckoning-Bomb the tanks and the OTs. Meaning if he parrys a lot during a turn to hit the OT he unloads, then when he pauses to move he unloads the rest. So watch that. We fixed it with a druid behind him and myself the warrior in front since I caused maybe 4 parrys the whole fight.

Didn't happen on the first kill, but we modified after a night of screwy behavior on our second kill. So keep it in mind.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:15 am

Heironeous wrote:Also notable after a night of screwy behavior we saw that Supremus will Reckoning-Bomb the tanks and the OTs. Meaning if he parrys a lot during a turn to hit the OT he unloads, then when he pauses to move he unloads the rest. So watch that. We fixed it with a druid behind him and myself the warrior in front since I caused maybe 4 parrys the whole fight.

Didn't happen on the first kill, but we modified after a night of screwy behavior on our second kill. So keep it in mind.
I just don't allow supr to be hatefultanked from behind. I'd rather eat the parrygibs from myself + 2 high expertise tanks than eating the parrygibs from 9 melee dps that aren't parrycapped.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Black Temple