Remove Advertisements

MH - Wave 6 of Azzy trash

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

MH - Wave 6 of Azzy trash

Postby Tieran » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:36 am

Anyone got any suggestions?

We went there with an iffy raid make up due to poor sign ups, and basically this wave caused Havoc. It normally causes us some issues and we have a few deaths, resses after the wave etc.

So my question to you is, how does your guild handle this?
Any special LoS ideas?
Let the grunts pick them up and then nuke?

Gief ideas!
Tieran

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:38 am

Wave 6...the necros + banshees?

On wave 5, get a hunter to kite a felpuppy all the way to the tauren warriors, and back, and have locks keep something banished the whole time.
having 6 or so tauren spanking those guys makes the wave easymode.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:56 am

Refer to this topic for additional info :)

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=3727

There's 3 common ways of doing it
1) Prot paladin in full SR gear AoEtanking, casters aoeing necros and melees single target nuking banshees
2) Banish a felhunter from wave 5, then let the NPC stunlock the casters to death
3) Prot warrior in front with last stand + spellreflect , with eventually Grounding totems, spam of sheeps/fears/banishes and single target nuking
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:03 am

Worldie wrote:Refer to this topic for additional info :)

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=3727

There's 3 common ways of doing it
1) Prot paladin in full SR gear AoEtanking, casters aoeing necros and melees single target nuking banshees
2) Banish a felhunter from wave 5, then let the NPC stunlock the casters to death
3) Prot warrior in front with last stand + spellreflect , with eventually Grounding totems, spam of sheeps/fears/banishes and single target nuking

Yes, all excellent choices. The only thing difficult about #1 is consecrating the Necromancers without running too far away from your healers.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Seloei » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:48 am

4) hunter drops an explosive trap on the path and mount/runs as far as he can behind the tauren camp. CC/single nuke/tank them while they are running up, anything that got through is stunlocked by the taurens until you have time to deal with them.
Seloei

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:50 am

Seloei wrote:4) hunter drops an explosive trap on the path and mount/runs as far as he can behind the tauren camp. CC/single nuke/tank them while they are running up, anything that got through is stunlocked by the taurens until you have time to deal with them.

Oh, that's a good contingency plan when the banish trick doesn't work, or banish breaks and the puppy gets gibbed before it gets banished again.

Very clever.

Although we usually kite a mob to Thrall and Cow Town, so that place tends to be vacant ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:08 am

Easiest method we've found to making sure all the tauren get down to the front (since they tend to stunlock and kill an abomb if that's all you bring up there): Wave 5, I pick up all the felpuppies and run them (with a healer) up to the tauren camp, then I just run straight back down. Tauren will probably kill one or two of the felhunters but 2 or 3 will make it back, and the lock banishes one of them.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby jere » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:11 am

With the fel puppy strat, how do yall handle giving rezzes and drinking for mana? With the fel puppy banished, most of the raid will still be in combat.
jere

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:12 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Cow Town
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Huon » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:39 am

Not that we are extremely experienced in Hyjal, but we just let the warrior spell reflect the first wave of bolts, then totem soaks the next, then by that time sheeps, counterspells, deathcoils, fears, all mostly off and its no problem.
Last edited by Huon on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huon

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:42 am

Huon wrote:Not that we are extremely experienced in Hyjal, but we just let the warrior spellrelect the first wave of bolts, then totem soaks the next, then by that time sheeps, counterspells, deathcoils, fears, all mostly off and its no problem.
Worldie's option #3 =) There are many ways, none of them involve one tank openly taking all bolts to the naked chest. Just work around not exactly tanking them all at once with regular gear.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:07 am

jere wrote:With the fel puppy strat, how do yall handle giving rezzes and drinking for mana? With the fel puppy banished, most of the raid will still be in combat.

With that tactic you get like 1 minute of "spirit regen", enough for having mana for the following wave.

Deaths shouldn't have happened anyway. If they do, you can ress after wave 6.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Huon » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:30 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Huon wrote:Not that we are extremely experienced in Hyjal, but we just let the warrior spellrelect the first wave of bolts, then totem soaks the next, then by that time sheeps, counterspells, deathcoils, fears, all mostly off and its no problem.
Worldie's option #3 =) There are many ways, none of them involve one tank openly taking all bolts to the naked chest. Just work around not exactly tanking them all at once with regular gear.

yea, been working well for us. We used to use the banish trick but we failed to save many tauren warriors for Azgalor so... yea :P
Huon

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:50 am

Huon wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:

yea, been working well for us. We used to use the banish trick but we failed to save many tauren warriors for Azgalor so... yea :P
Still a good idea to stick to Az on thrall dooms on warriors, as Thrall dpses better :p
having at least 1 warrior or 2 alive mean you can double tank it all the way with little help and relatively low healer strain.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Tieran » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Cheers guys, I will definitely suggest the kiting tactic to the guild next MH run.
I normally played the sacrificial cow and it made me cry much :D
I was wondering about LoS them around the edges of the camp but who knows... your strat seems better ^^
Tieran

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal