Best way to pick up infernals on Anetheron.

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Deuterium » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:58 am

Ashmadai wrote:Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll have to tell the dps to pay attention and run towards me. This may prove difficult, because we have some pretty dumb dps in my guild though. =/

And yet most are smart enough to read... :wink:
Deuterium

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:14 am

Deuterium wrote:
Ashmadai wrote:Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll have to tell the dps to pay attention and run towards me. This may prove difficult, because we have some pretty dumb dps in my guild though. =/

And yet most are smart enough to read... :wink:
Mr heavy water says teh truth. It sucks.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Oldblue » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:52 am

Hmmmmmm.
Oldblue

Postby Seloei » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:25 am

If your dps is being stupid and can't run to you consider forming an "arc" not spreading totally around him so you can pick him up fast without killing melee.

shadow res gear here makes the fight stupidly easy btw.
Seloei

Postby Balsimar » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:21 pm

I usually tank the infernal at the crossroads next to the ballista. I'll drag the first one to Jaina to get her involved, but then will drag it back to the crossroads.
Balsimar

Postby Kasavier » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:40 am

Has anyone had issues with infernals going nuts for a couple seconds while they evade bug and eventually despawn? This happened to us twice last night, on two different attempts.
Kasavier

Postby Mordinm » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:16 am

Seloei wrote:shadow res gear here makes the fight stupidly easy btw.

Wait, what? Infernals do fire damage. The Carion Swarm I thought was nature damage (Haven't really checked this so I could be wrong). Where's the shadow resist coming in? Can you resist an infernal being cast on you?

Shadow resist on mana users is great for the 2 horde camp fights but I have never heard of it being used much in the other 3 hyjal fights.
Mordinm

Postby jere » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:42 am

Mordinm wrote:
Seloei wrote:shadow res gear here makes the fight stupidly easy btw.

Wait, what? Infernals do fire damage. The Carion Swarm I thought was nature damage (Haven't really checked this so I could be wrong). Where's the shadow resist coming in? Can you resist an infernal being cast on you?

Shadow resist on mana users is great for the 2 horde camp fights but I have never heard of it being used much in the other 3 hyjal fights.

Both Carrion Swarm and the random sleep are of the shadow school.
jere

Postby guillex » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:43 am

Oldblue wrote:

Hmmmmmm.

RUH ROH!!!!! A GUILDIE FOUND YOU OUT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHA!~!!!!!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:06 pm

jere wrote:Both Carrion Swarm and the random sleep are of the shadow school.

Our healers sometimes put on the BT neck and SR cloak for this fight. I bring my FR for the infernals, because I like boring my healer to sleep.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Seloei wrote:If your dps is being stupid and can't run to you consider forming an "arc" not spreading totally around him so you can pick him up fast without killing melee.

shadow res gear here makes the fight stupidly easy btw.

I had a diff one hadn't seen before it targetted my healer behind me macro targetted but gave me you are facing wrong way for excorcism. I was looking around for it and by time I worked it out healer was dead ... ooops :(
ldeboer

Postby dmok » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:34 am

ldeboer wrote:I had a diff one hadn't seen before it targetted my healer behind me macro targetted but gave me you are facing wrong way for excorcism.

Brain ... hurting so very much ...
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby jere » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:11 am

fuzzygeek wrote:

Our healers sometimes put on the BT neck and SR cloak for this fight. I bring my FR for the infernals, because I like boring my healer to sleep.

You can make a game out of it. Don't even dps the infernals, just tank them as they pop, see if the dps can kill Anetheron before you get more infernals than your healers can handle.
jere

Postby Kasavier » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:52 am

jere wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:

You can make a game out of it. Don't even dps the infernals, just tank them as they pop, see if the dps can kill Anetheron before you get more infernals than your healers can handle.

How much fire resist would you need for this to actually work? I'm sitting at 321 right now with the badge gear, fr neck, fel barrier, and my aura.
Kasavier

Postby ldeboer » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:21 am

Kasavier wrote:
jere wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:

How much fire resist would you need for this to actually work? I'm sitting at 321 right now with the badge gear, fr neck, fel barrier, and my aura.

Wow thats good I cant get much above 220ish before my +def drops away and I become crittable. Stacking beyond there didn't seem much point because although you would take less fire damage you would start to take lots of physical damage.
ldeboer

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal