Can towering infernals crit?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Heironeous » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:14 am

We tried tanking infernals near her, but she invariably went after Anna, so I stand on the other side of the cross-bow and the healers stand close enough for the buff to heal me.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby jere » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:16 am

Heironeous wrote:We tried tanking infernals near her, but she invariably went after Anna, so I stand on the other side of the cross-bow and the healers stand close enough for the buff to heal me.

Well, you typically tank Anetheron far away from her in this setup. So far she has never left my side. I imagine if you tank Anetheron too close to her that will happen.
jere

Postby Azulito » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:50 pm

It's not hard at all to become uncrittable and have close to 350 FR.

If you want, i'll post my setup in a sandbox or something later today, but i use a few resil pieces, badge FR stuff (chanted for stam), Magtheridon ring, wyrmcultist cloak (FR chant), scarab+commendation.

In my experience, i don't go oom with the full fire resist because my avoidance is low, but the dmg is more controlled...

1k-2k melee + like... 1k occasional fire dmg = what the fire dmg is if it were unmitigated. it helps the healers and ensures that when I (or the other raid leader) yell "FUCK THE INFERNALS, KILL ANETHERON", and i pick up 2-3 together, i don't get wtf pwnd.
Azulito

Postby superworm » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:42 am

Azulito wrote:It's not hard at all to become uncrittable and have close to 350 FR.

If you want, i'll post my setup in a sandbox or something later today, but i use a few resil pieces, badge FR stuff (chanted for stam), Magtheridon ring, wyrmcultist cloak (FR chant), scarab+commendation.

In my experience, i don't go oom with the full fire resist because my avoidance is low, but the dmg is more controlled...

1k-2k melee + like... 1k occasional fire dmg = what the fire dmg is if it were unmitigated. it helps the healers and ensures that when I (or the other raid leader) yell "FUCK THE INFERNALS, KILL ANETHERON", and i pick up 2-3 together, i don't get wtf pwnd.

Similar to me, I have exactly 350 FR with aura and around 100 resil. I have full badge gear (200 FR), Mag ring (30 FR), flamebane wrist (28 FR) and heroic Mana-tomb shield (22 FR), which stacks to 280, and S3 head and S1 shoulder with some resil/stamina gems. I have been thinking to re-enchant my cloak with 15 FR, which makes me 365 FR, but corrently I'm doing well tanking two infernals at the same time.
However I found the melee damage is high to me even without crits when you were dealing with 2, and sometimes I would chunk an ironshield potion. My healers were assigned to heal me AND the group so maybe sometimes they were just busy healing others.
superworm

Postby Seloei » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:59 am

The resist cap at lvl70 is 365 not 350, so you are letting a few 50% hits go through. The set i use is badge gear FR ones and resilience items elsewhere to get crit immune. At one time i had 4 infernals on me and still didn't even get close to dieing with only seeing a single healer healing me.

Edit: also your healers should be decked out in full SR gear so they wont get carrion swarm. If your still only progressing through then make it your guild's first and foremost effort to get every healer as many SR pieces you can get. It will help you immensely on anatheron and Kaz'rogal to follow. Equivalent to say... using a non-resist tank on hydross vs using a resist set tank.
Last edited by Seloei on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seloei

Postby sbeacher » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:28 am

I put up FR and wear the quest reward FR neck and ring. I think I'm around 120 FR with this setup. There are usually two healers on me in case one gets the swarm.

I have a macro:

/target Towering
/cast Exorcism

that I hit right when the infernal lands. Whoever it is landing on runs to the middle and pick the infernal off them there and drag it back to jaina where I tank it. Once I have it I call out on vent and all ranged dps takes out the elemental.

Usually have aobut 10 seconds between each elemental of free time.

Around 15% DPS just ignores the infernal and we burn the boss down.

Works pretty well.
sbeacher

Postby Big Mushy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:41 pm

jere wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Jaina's spirit actually helps because of the downtime between infernals O.o
go go 100 mp5!

That's a good point, I had forgotten about that. I tank the infernals right next to her.

Just be careful here, she likes to go into melee and die from the fire aura, we had ane down to 15% and I was told to take infernals to her and get her to help... she cast 2 spells and started to hit it with her staff, I think I almost got Gkicked for that one lol.

the trick I had to do to stop her in melee, was to stand close enough to the aura but not let her get into combat
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby superworm » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:28 am

sbeacher wrote:I put up FR and wear the quest reward FR neck and ring. I think I'm around 120 FR with this setup. There are usually two healers on me in case one gets the swarm.

I have a macro:

/target Towering
/cast Exorcism

that I hit right when the infernal lands. Whoever it is landing on runs to the middle and pick the infernal off them there and drag it back to jaina where I tank it. Once I have it I call out on vent and all ranged dps takes out the elemental.

Usually have aobut 10 seconds between each elemental of free time.

Around 15% DPS just ignores the infernal and we burn the boss down.

Works pretty well.

I used to use similar macros but almost every time I would target an infernal corpse on the ground :cry:
superworm

Postby jere » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:05 am

Big Mushy wrote:
jere wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Jaina's spirit actually helps because of the downtime between infernals O.o
go go 100 mp5!

That's a good point, I had forgotten about that. I tank the infernals right next to her.

Just be careful here, she likes to go into melee and die from the fire aura, we had ane down to 15% and I was told to take infernals to her and get her to help... she cast 2 spells and started to hit it with her staff, I think I almost got Gkicked for that one lol.

the trick I had to do to stop her in melee, was to stand close enough to the aura but not let her get into combat

That's odd then.

Her HP's were bumped up a while ago. I have never had any issues with her dying so far.
jere

Postby Caelus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:20 am

The inferno is easily tankable without FR gear, thats what I do atleast.
Caelus

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal