Anetheron Inferno's Main Tank?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Seloei » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:02 pm

The point where you don't use FR gear anymore, is the point you have the fight down as "farm content" and can allow a few oopsies here and there.
For progression, i'd seriously suggest getting atleast 250 FR (after aura) if not more. It helps tremendously on the healing on you and leaves the healers free to help with the massive aoe healing needed, until people get their shadow res sets made (-50-60% aoe damage less then on anatheron)
Seloei

macro questions

Postby stroggylos » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:48 am

Well i tried a simpler macro like /target Towering Infernal /cast exorcism ...
Problem is it doesn't work when another infernal is alive and on your tail since u keep targeting the existing infernal ...
How does your macro work ? I mean does it still work if the previous infernal is still alive ? (i got only 2-3 dpsers on infernal so it is not a rare thing to be tanking 2-3 infernals at the same time ) And do i have to clear my target in order it to work ?
stroggylos

Postby ShaiHulud » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:11 am

I tanked Infernals for my guild last night on my pally(my alt). Being somewhat undergeared my GM(the old prot pally turned holy) was expecting alot more dmg but with fire aura up and no other resist I was only taking 3k non resist hits and about 1.5k resisted. Using the gear in my armory minus t6 gloves(got them on last nights run). So even a somewhat undergeared tank should have no problem with fire resist as long as your healers are ready for a little burst at times.

Also we just have group 5(our caster group) stand toward the back where the infernals is tanked and once the tank has about 10k threat they all just turn around and rape it before the next one spawns. 5 DPS geared for just starting Hyjal should have no problem burning them down in time for the next infernal.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

:)

Postby stroggylos » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:40 am

Well i guess my healers are awsome ... from the tries i got i died only once and that was when i had 3 infernals on me and had my back turned to them in order to search for the next infernal ...So that's why i am asking if this macro works with one infernal still existing (we have some dps issues so we do it with minimum dps on infernals)... And one more : do i start spamming it when Anatheron starts casting or later? (i don't want to lose an exorcism)
stroggylos

Postby Tiranknight » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:12 pm

How do you target a freshly dropped infernal if you have 2-3 already on you? all i see is towering infernals in my face..? and I can't get a grip on the new one..

tanking them near Jaina is a no-no, if she aggros the infernals... we got Anetheron to 15% and she died from Infernal damage...
Tiranknight

Postby Korbah » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:22 am

Just tab target until it shows up on an infernal.. >.<
Though if you have 3 infernals on you already I think you have a problem that not you can solve.
Korbah

Postby elfjorc » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:44 am

If you split your ranged between Anetheron and infernals it becomes a joke.
elfjorc

Postby ShaiHulud » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:49 am

Tiranknight wrote:How do you target a freshly dropped infernal if you have 2-3 already on you? all i see is towering infernals in my face..? and I can't get a grip on the new one..

tanking them near Jaina is a no-no, if she aggros the infernals... we got Anetheron to 15% and she died from Infernal damage...

Just have ranged DPS stand in between infernals and Ana-T and DPS them when they spawn. Theres no need to hold all the internals on you for the entire fight.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Tiranknight » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Yeah I got a better view of the fight the other night, you really need to have enough DPS to take down the infernal before the next one spawns which shouldn't be too much. I think 2 of our mages had connection problems during the fail attempt, which resulted in Infernal DPS falling behind. (like mentioned you should never have more than 2 Infernals on you at the same time, unless Anetheron is below 10% and you're going to just do an all-out burn on him)
Tiranknight

Postby unboundarea52 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:15 am

The best way our guild found to do this fight was to have ALL of the range DPS just kill the stupid infernals about 3 seconds after I grab aggro on it. With excorcism, judegment, and now HotR, consecrate, AS, Holy Wrath..... I mean it should leave you with ~ 15 + seconds of all out DPS on Anatheron from everyone while you wait for the next infernal to spawn. Once Anatheron is down to ~ 25% all DPS focus exclusively on him while I tank whatever infernals remain (usually one).

It's a very good strat, some people don't agree with it, but it works well. As for FR gear, prior to 3.0 I went with ~200 FR and 400ish SD while remaining uncrit/uncrush (even though they don't crush it still pushes normal hits off the table), now with 3.0.2, I don't bother with anything except aura, and DPS tear the infernal down with about 20 seconds left on the timer for the next infernal.
Unbound - Area 52
Prot Pally
unboundarea52

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal