Remove Advertisements

Is winterchill doable for a T4/badges group ?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:07 pm

If people don't have the HP to survive iceblocks then they won't survive Anetheron nor Naj'entus anyway.

If people can't move out of D&D, they got some SERIOUS problems.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Alicianna » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:44 pm

Well, I tanked him in 4 parts T4 and the new Badge Legplates combined with a couple of dropps from Kara, Gruul and SSC. T4 Equip was socketed to receive the socked bonus.
A large part of the raid was equiped in T5-Stuff so I cannot really say wether it is possible for a T4-Only raid, but I guess so.
For me it was a walk in the park...

Same goes for the other bosses except Archimond - though I prefer to support the raid in those fights.

On the second boss I take on the Infernals, third boss I keep up Judgement of Wisdom and do a bit of healing and on fourth boss I keep dragging the demons to Thrall. But the bosses are all tankable even though they have some very annoying side effects for Pally Tanks (Silence and Manadrain being the worst...)

As for the Trash: As already mentioned avoidance is your best friend here. Personally I take on one or two of the abominations and a couple or all of the small mobs and kite them ino the npcs groups while trying to keep them all on me. After killing the first one or two mobs one by one the raid switches to AOE.

But the Question was about Winterchill and yes if you are all rather experienced players it is definitly doable in T4.
Alicianna

Postby lusisia » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:04 am

Alicianna wrote:Well, I tanked him in 4 parts T4 and the new Badge Legplates combined with a couple of dropps from Kara, Gruul and SSC. T4 Equip was socketed to receive the socked bonus.
A large part of the raid was equiped in T5-Stuff so I cannot really say wether it is possible for a T4-Only raid, but I guess so.
For me it was a walk in the park...

Same goes for the other bosses except Archimond - though I prefer to support the raid in those fights.

On the second boss I take on the Infernals, third boss I keep up Judgement of Wisdom and do a bit of healing and on fourth boss I keep dragging the demons to Thrall. But the bosses are all tankable even though they have some very annoying side effects for Pally Tanks (Silence and Manadrain being the worst...)

As for the Trash: As already mentioned avoidance is your best friend here. Personally I take on one or two of the abominations and a couple or all of the small mobs and kite them ino the npcs groups while trying to keep them all on me. After killing the first one or two mobs one by one the raid switches to AOE.

But the Question was about Winterchill and yes if you are all rather experienced players it is definitly doable in T4.

I would agree with this. We two shot Rage with a T4/Badge geared "pug" (where pug == 4 of the smaller personal guilds on the server sent the best along) and got up to Anatheron. Like they say, sometimes you just have to get out of the fire (or D&D in this case).
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby dmok » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:01 pm

Worldie wrote:If people can't move out of D&D, they got some SERIOUS problems.

You mean standing IN d&d doesn't give you a free 200dps boost? And here I was, thinking I was slacking for not wanting to jump on in ...

Yes, Rage is doable with a mostly t4/badge raid. Our guild has only been doing tk for maybe 6/7 weeks, and hasn't yet touched SSC, but we can get up to Anatheron (and hare having some major issues with him too, mainly because our healers are fairly inconsistant and we often have to bring in a few shinny newbs)
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Gaarith » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:48 pm

My guild has been running Winterchill for a month. We gathered a couple groups to just go in a poke around and get a feel for it, and the week after our first regular guild run we got the 1st kill. Very doable as T4/Badge and 3/6 SSC guild in my opinion, as long as everyone pays attention.

My main is a warrior, with my alt being the tankadin we're currently using for the trash. I've gotten a ton of info and insight from the site so far, but wanted to ask a direct question about the trash tanking. The waves get progressively worse, with the notorious abomination wave being the make-or-break point for our attempts pretty much all the time. My pally was quickly built for MTing Kara for badge farming to get geared up for murloc tanking on Tidewalker, so his boss set is fairly decent. I'm just starting to itemize a SBR and SBV set for him, so I'm wondering:

Is it going to be better in the end to be avoiding most of the trash damage and relying on Consecrate and the reduced number of hits I'm taking, or to build a pure Block set for him. Without access to the higher gears, is this even worth the trouble - even pushing block value as high as possible, am I going to get obliterated? The reason I want to push this is to maximize threat and smooth the damage spikes when my Avoidance Kung Fu proves to be weak and I get steamrolled.
Gaarith

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Yes, it will be worth it. Specially if you are tanking any abomination, you'll get more from avoidance than blocking. Threat loss is not of much relevance.

Generally speaking, a high block set is optimal to absorb the damage, but you have the stuns from abominations :/ A raid typically will have 2 other tanks, who will pull one abomination or maybe two each.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:12 am

Or you could build both. One set with insane avoidance and one set with high bv/br and based on what wave is coming, swap it out. (Outfitter, closetgnome, etc). I swap into my boss gear when abos are coming and use bv/br gear on the other waves. Tho quite often been lazy and didn't notice almost any difference between the boss and br/bv sets, even on ghoul waves.

Free Action Potions are godsend if your having trouble with abominations
Seloei

Postby Tekkel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:38 am

I've done a pug to hiyal with no more then 5 people from the same guilds. Probably about 10 different guilds altogether. Nothing with full tier5 at all and we killed kaz'rogal. It's skill too :)
Tekkel

Postby Pallacious » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:34 pm

Our guild farms Gruuls/Mags and starting farms on Void reaver. Our first attempt on RW we had him at 18%.. without studying the fight or trinkets. Bring a good Pally, Good Heals, and Lots of AoE (3 Warlocks + 2 Mages FTW)

We didn't think we'd survive for the boss and just wanted trash drops. We got 5 drops and we shockingly almost downed him. I doubt we can get much further in MH until we start farming SSC/TK.. but it was good fun :P

We'll add him into our farms I think. T4+badges can do it.. he was easy.

I recommend trying it. Loot fast BTW:P
Pallacious

Postby Thorgrimal » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:57 am

just started MH this past week, most of the raid was in badge and a smattering of t4 / random ZA gear. Rage took it like a champ, and the trash pulls went nice and smooth ( smooth as in, I was getting hammered on by everything until the bears took the abominations off me, have to say owwie)

so it is doable, just painful.
Thorgrimal

Postby ShaiHulud » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:12 am

We did an alt/pug run at winterchill the other night. First attempt at trash/winterchill was 16%. (DPS didn't have 2 min trinket and stood in D&D). He actually enraged(didn't know he could) LOL. SO yes, I'd say it's doable most of the alts/pugs were in PVP Gear/T4/Badge Gear.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal