Archi 2.4.2 - Air Burst on MT

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:21 am

alayire wrote:yeah but that's the thing. we ask everyone to use it and so we can see them use it. but when they get aribursted they say "it failed to work for them" either the Tears didn't activate or it did but they didn't get the slowfall effect.

but this is what i'm trying to find out .. are all of them fuking up? or is there a wrong way of activating the tears that fuks up? how do i fix this because it's really getting to me after 3 days of wipefests.

and yeah that sound about exactly what we do on doomfires but then what hapens to the tank healers? where do they stand? if you move out you can't heal the tank... if all of them have to dodge dooms wtf do you do then?

They give you a 2 seconds slow fall. Can't use it while going up or staying on top. Wait a second or two after you start falling to use it.
"Doesn't Proc for me" is bullshit, IMO. I have yet to see one person complain, and i've both wiped and killed Archi more than 20 times together. no one ever had an issue with the tear(fall damage never killed anyone so far)25 people on over 20 matches and no airburst issue.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Salamandra » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:21 am

The tears only cause a slow fall effect for 2 seconds. However, you can still use them rather early. If you use them early (but not ridiculously early), you'll just take some fall damage. If you use it too late, you splat on the floor. If people aren't very good at timing it, it's much better to use it early.

The only problem I can really see people having is the tears running out and so when they press the button for it it does nothing since you don't even have the tears in your bag.
Salamandra

Postby Ketsurui » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:05 am

Remind your raid that you don't need twenty five people to kill him. Remind your raid that, in fact, it might easier to kill him without a full 25 raid, particularly if said people are unable to execute basic commands of the game. Less healing intensive and obviously: less cratering. Tears do not inexplicably "not work." If craters occur, it's their users who do not work.

We finally got our first Archimonde kill last night, incidentally. Then rolled over Teron and got Bloodboil to 25% on our second attempt ever :) Next week...

EDIT: This is a frustrating fight, made more so for us because of our attendance issues. We always had twenty five, but not always the same twenty five. Anyway... there's only so much a raid leader can plan for in this fight, only so much strategy and preparation to lay out. At some point the raid will need to get a better feel for how everything works and will be able to stay alive. It's a very individual fight, surprisingly. That said, where possible, we run with a LOT of shaman. Tremor totems for 3-5 groups are extremely useful, we've found. They're not going to save everyone every time, but they ease the burden that fears can put on the raid.
Ketsurui

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:16 am

Ketsurui wrote:We always had twenty five, but not always the same twenty five.

This always annoys me. My last guild was like that, and we were glad they removed Hyjal/BT attunements, because there was no way we were gonna teach ~45 semi-regular raiders who only show up sometimes Vashj and Kael.

We did end up getting Vashj, though.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Ketsurui » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:10 am

We've used loot council since we began 25 mans and it worked well, but the people hemorrhaging from our ranks got unbearable. So, as of this week, we're an EPGP guild, and now I'm turning away raiders left and right. :)
Ketsurui

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal