Remove Advertisements

Archi 2.4.2 - Air Burst on MT

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Seloei » Fri May 16, 2008 7:37 am

wipefest for 2h on wednesday. Massive amounts of doomfires and he airbursted (Air burst on Spasitel in a bossmod) 2 times.

Then on thursday... atleast 2-3 times less doomfires... they didn't spawn on top of melee and he was dead on first attempt after the hotfix.
Seloei

Postby Salamandra » Sun May 18, 2008 4:03 pm

Tanked Archimonde for the first time today, so don't really know what it was like before, but I was getting a lot of Doomfires on me.
Salamandra

Postby Ketsurui » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:47 am

Thought this might be appreciated...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/ ... ofFire.jpg

The Ring of Fire.
Ketsurui

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:26 am

Only time I saw the tank being airbursted was when I was the airburst target and for some random reason decided to hump the tank's butt.
YOu sure he airburst the tank? O.o
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:33 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Only time I saw the tank being airbursted was when I was the airburst target and for some random reason decided to hump the tank's butt.
YOu sure he airburst the tank? O.o

In that pic above it looks like he targetted the tank for airburst.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:48 am

If only I could see it from here :/
Oh well <.<
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ketsurui » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 am

Yes, my apologies, for those who can't see the picture or read it. Nekrataal is the MT there (note the Omen output) and he is quite clearly shouting to the raid that is being airbursted :) A DBM warning confirms it.

Also, the picture has quite a nice aesthetic..
Ketsurui

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:13 am

By the name of the pic, I take it doomfire was being a bitch? Most of our wipes on Archi are because stupid doomfire changeed targets or whatever and made a pretty circle. We've had all 4 trails make a circle once, stopping where they spawn.

Well, airburstable tank does sound very bad ._.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ketsurui » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:34 pm

We went down, down, down, but the flames leapt higher :(
Ketsurui

Postby Therem » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:06 am

While we've managed to kill Archi several times by now, Air Burst on the tank does happen and it's always been a wipe for us. The main reason is that this totally screws up positioning. Very annoying.
Therem

Postby Tekkel » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:28 am

I have yet to see it happen. Tanked it for the first time last week and went down in 2 tries. Lazy warlocks pressing soulshatter instead of tears ftw.
Tekkel

Postby alayire » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:49 am

ok i really donno where to start.

i have a few questions .. but the moust important will be: is there by any chance a real reason for ppl to say "i spamclicked it but it just didn't work"? too many ppl are saying this about Tears of Goddess (and some of them are quite good) including 2 ppl i highly doubth they would lie. it never hapend to me .. and i got bursted like a zillion times .. i only once cratered and that's because i had some guests, turned my head for 2 seconds and then i was like "why am i flyi... ah n/m"

we've downed him at the end of the second day of wipefest and now we're trying to kill him the second time. i simply see no progress .. every time it's the same .. someone fuks up .. craters and we wipe. even our kill had 1 person crater, we somehow managed to survive it .. then ppl starting dieng again at 13% .. lukely we got him to 10 with just 18 pl left alive. i am getting sick and tired.. i've tried shouting .. repeating every time .. givving -dkp .. nothing works they just keep on "it didn't work". not everyone .. some admit they do scrue up (thank god) but .. the worst is it's not the same ppl that scrue up .. it's always someone else, it's always someone that didn't have problems before.

so .. is there any chance the Tears of Goddess can bug and not work? like maybe gcd .. clicking on the way up .. i donno .. any pointers would be apreciated.

and second .. as if cratering would not be enough .. doomfires and fear. they seem to be EVERYWERE. literaly .. everywere. we have 1 mele group (with enh shamy so they have tremour) and 3 ranged groups for east west and south. each group is actualy a raid group plus 1 or 2 ranged from the tank raid group so they have a shamy with tremor on their side or atleast in theory. each group has atleast 1 mage, 1 healer and a shamy. i've placed a shamy in the tank group to stay with the mele group so he's close to the tank for totems and to heal mele. i've asked that the entire group move away as a group from a doomfire so they avoid getting separated and left alone.
moust of the time .. it works but the tank healers are also part of thse groups .. and they have to move .. they get airbursted .. but hopefully since they are split up .. atleast someone is in range to heal the MT. hopefully since it doesn't happen. we had like a zillion times yesterday south and east dodging dooms and west get airburst -> 0 heals on MT ->dead MT->wipe. healing the groups is like easy .. move away .. be aware of the group ppl, keep them up. easy. but for the MT healers .. not so easy .. since they can't move that much, they get separated .. get hit by fire .. powned by fear (even with tremor). atleast as holy palladin this fight really fucking sux. fol won't kee the MT up and dodging doomfires means you have like very little heals on the tank. i simply donno how to cope with this. wipe and wait for better dooms? :(
alayire

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:10 am

CLicking is for losers? I have yet to see someone commit a tear mistake. If you want to make sure it works, use it before engaging. Count to three from when you stop rising and use it. You won't die if you are at a good amount of health. The timing for me wasn't hard to come by.

Remember everyone: It is not a dps race. For all we care if everyone does 400dps and doesn't die, you beat the timer.

Doomfires... YOu can't strafe them. You can't keyboard turn and run either. The quickest and safest way is: The whole group being followed by doomfire turns and runs away. Ideally every group as a dispeller, a decurser and a healer, so the whole group can move by itself.
On people biting it... Stop Sucking. Dispel and dispel fast. PVP Trinket if you see you'll fly over a doomfire, decurse fast and keep everyone topped.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby alayire » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:33 am

yeah but that's the thing. we ask everyone to use it and so we can see them use it. but when they get aribursted they say "it failed to work for them" either the Tears didn't activate or it did but they didn't get the slowfall effect.

but this is what i'm trying to find out .. are all of them fuking up? or is there a wrong way of activating the tears that fuks up? how do i fix this because it's really getting to me after 3 days of wipefests.

and yeah that sound about exactly what we do on doomfires but then what hapens to the tank healers? where do they stand? if you move out you can't heal the tank... if all of them have to dodge dooms wtf do you do then?
alayire

Postby jere » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:04 am

I believe the tears have a short active duration, so if you use them too quickly you still fall (not totally sure, but was told this)...I always use them right before I hit the ground to be safe.
jere

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal