Remove Advertisements

Archi 2.4.2 - Air Burst on MT

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Archi 2.4.2 - Air Burst on MT

Postby Therem » Thu May 15, 2008 3:30 am

Hi all,

has anyone already seen what happens when Archi Air-Bursts the MT? Will Archi run towards the tank or start punching Rogues?

Has anyone found a good tankspot where the effects of the Air Burst is minimized?

Thanks in advance,

Therem
Therem

Postby Janduin » Thu May 15, 2008 5:05 am

Don't know, but I guess we'll see tonight...
Janduin

Postby Therem » Thu May 15, 2008 5:37 am

Browsed some other forums, looks like he'll run after the tank.
Problems are that everyone has to move with him (especially healers), possibly with flame walls in between :/ and to a lesser degree that you've got to watch out for Archi not getting too near towards the World Tree.

That's why I'm looking for a spot where the Tank doesn't get thrown away too far.
Therem

Postby Base » Thu May 15, 2008 5:44 am

Theres's a post saying that the doomfires have been hotfixed, maybe the airburst thing is fixed. Maybe it was just dps exceeding the tank's threat.

But yeah - airburst doesn't drop agro, so archi will continue to pound the MT.
Base

Re: Archi 2.4.2 - Air Burst on MT

Postby Dianora » Thu May 15, 2008 6:19 am

Therem wrote:Hi all,

has anyone already seen what happens when Archi Air-Bursts the MT? Will Archi run towards the tank or start punching Rogues?

Has anyone found a good tankspot where the effects of the Air Burst is minimized?

Thanks in advance,

Therem

Our MT was airbursted on Monday, the day before 2.4.2 patch. According to DBM, he was directly targeted and airburst. The only explanation is that someone pass him in aggro.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Worldie » Thu May 15, 2008 7:48 am

Nah, we had the MT bursted multiple times pre-patch, altho very rare, even if he was far FAR ahead on aggro. Archi just follows the tank, i'm quite sure he doesn't attack him until he lands
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Loganb1104 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:12 am

Even if your tank gets air bursted, you really have nothing to worry about if people are doing what they're supposed to in the first place (watching out for fires and staying near their decursers). They just have to do it while relocating. No biggie.

And yeah, tank him away from the water, near the stump and fallen tree (but not right on it). That way if your tank does get an air burst you don't have people too close to the water.

I just thought of the possibility of a pally tank getting air bursted into the water. lolnoholyshieldcrushcity
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 15, 2008 9:23 am

Loganb1104 wrote:I just thought of the possibility of a pally tank getting air bursted into the water. lolnoholyshieldcrushcity

arch doesn't crush does he?
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Worldie » Thu May 15, 2008 9:32 am

Even if he did if the tank did get airbursted into the water he would just have enjoyed some 99999 damage from the following Hand of Death.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Loganb1104 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:32 am

Dunno... haven't had the pleasure of tanking him yet. I get to stand in the back pew pewing and kiting doomfire. Maybe I could change it to lolnospellsfukyothreat?
Loganb1104

Postby Fridmarr » Thu May 15, 2008 9:39 am

When we've had our tank get airbursted, he either follows the tank out of healing range and destroys him, or the tank ends up getting too far away, and he starts using finger of death on the raid. Either way, it's a wipe.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby guillex » Thu May 15, 2008 9:42 am

Morpheren wrote:
Loganb1104 wrote:I just thought of the possibility of a pally tank getting air bursted into the water. lolnoholyshieldcrushcity

arch doesn't crush does he?

From the wiki:

WowWiki wrote: Abilities

* Melee: 9000-10000 on a full T5 tank, never deals crushing blows
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Eloff » Thu May 15, 2008 9:47 am

We've had our tank get airbursted on a few occasions. Archi never used hand of death and simply ran off after the flying tank. It DOES really make it tough on the healers, and totally messes up the doomfires as well. I recommend no air bursts.

That's why I'm looking for a spot where the Tank doesn't get thrown away too far.

You can actually position yourself 'into' the log. Let me try to describe this in text...

Pretend that you are archimonde facing the world tree. Strafe to the left and slightly backwards to reach the 'log'. The 'safe spot' on the log would now be directly in front of you (maybe slightly to the left). Right at the end of the log there is a branch or a fork of wood or something that you can squeeze into. You will still be hit by air burst, but you won't go flying anywhere. The only problem with this strat is that you can't move out of doomfire. (And tanking in doomfires is FTL!!!)

I usually heal this fight and I stick myself in this log to heal from when there are no doomfires. If a doomfire comes near me, I move myself to position the log between it and me. (Doomfires will get 'stuck' on the log since they can't climb.)
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Loganb1104 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:47 am

It seems that doomfires can now climb over the logs, or at least they're "smarter" about pathing around them. This came with the new behavior of the fires with 2.4.2. Maybe the hotfix changed this, though, so don't take my word for it.
Loganb1104

Postby Base » Fri May 16, 2008 1:28 am

Did him last night. Nothing noticably different from usual.

As for the logs, I was lucky enough to be assigned to the group by them and the flames still get disrupted by them, although they were able to get into the gap at one point.
Base

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal