Help with Kaz'rogal trash

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Help with Kaz'rogal trash

Postby Antharas » Wed May 14, 2008 8:40 am

My guild just recently started into Hyjal, we downed the first two bosses no problem, but have been struggling with the third. our DPS is fine, but the problem arises on the 5th (i think) trash wave for this guy. its whichever one has 6 abominations in it.

I dont even know what to do here, or what to tell the other tanks. i hit holy wrath and try to pull 2-3 of them, and our druid tank tries to grab the others while the warrior tanks the necros in the back. the abominations just rail me tho. i had 4 or 5 on me on our last attempt, and my hp was going from 21k to 2k then back up just over and over, then i just died, full hp to 0 in under a second. i realize they stun and thats the problem, but i dont know what to do about it :-/ any help would be appriciated, my guild is stuck on this wave and ive got the feeling its cause the tanks arnt good enough :(

my gear is fine i think, armory link: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... n=Antharas
Antharas

Postby jere » Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 am

In the 6 abom pulls, we typically get other ferals and dps warriors to grab one each.

As for me, I pop a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=5634 for 30secs of stun free tanking. It really reduces the damage you take for that duration. Once it wears off, if I need one, I pop a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22797 for some extra health.

Usually by the end of the FAP, the other tanks have grabbed their aboms.
jere

Postby Exalt » Wed May 14, 2008 8:55 am

jere wrote:In the 6 abom pulls, we typically get other ferals and dps warriors to grab one each.

As for me, I pop a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=5634 for 30secs of stun free tanking. It really reduces the damage you take for that duration. Once it wears off, if I need one, I pop a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22797 for some extra health.

Usually by the end of the FAP, the other tanks have grabbed their aboms.

We do pretty much the same thing as well. Though we tend to run with:

prot pally
prot warr
prot warr
feral
feral

As our tanking team. The prot warriors take the necros and the ferals grab 2 aboms each.

Our hunters also kite the aboms to engage the NPCs. At first they were grabbing something squishier, but once we told them to grab aboms whenever they could, the waves started to get a LOT less dicey.
Last edited by Exalt on Wed May 14, 2008 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Loganb1104 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:55 am

We aoe fear the necros at the start of the pull, and mages pick them up to sheep. This should free up your warrior to grab an abom. Usually we have an elemental shaman or hunter kite one of the aboms back toward thrall to get him in on the action as well. One more tank picking up an abom should keep things tame enough for you to survive the rest of the pull.

p.s. I lol'd at "Usually by the end of the FAP, the other tanks have grabbed their aboms." Heh... FAP. (Immaturity FTW)
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby Amarant_Pally » Wed May 14, 2008 8:55 am

There's always 3 healers focused on just *me* for MH trash waves. Usually this means I can tank 3 Aboms + other stuff with no problem (no FAPs used). Perhaps coordinate with your healers and let them know which waves you might need more healing on, or ask your Fruid to grab an extra Abom off of you (since the Warrior is prolly tanking Necroes for single-target DPS, like we do). I wouldn't go balls-out with Holy Wrath though...I just throw my shield and lay down a Consecration to give our Fruid enough time to build hate on a couple Aboms. Sometimes I end up tanking all of the Aboms for quite a while (when the Fruid is slacking), but my healers are *awesome* and if the Fruid isn't taking damage, they know that I am.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Antharas » Wed May 14, 2008 9:37 am

thnx for the help guys, i had never heard of free action pot lol, ill try it!

thinkin back on it i prbly should have tossed my shield instead of using wrath, maybe i can talk my gm into going back tonight and we can try it again
Antharas

Postby jere » Wed May 14, 2008 9:50 am

Antharas wrote:thnx for the help guys, i had never heard of free action pot lol, ill try it!

thinkin back on it i prbly should have tossed my shield instead of using wrath, maybe i can talk my gm into going back tonight and we can try it again

If you have a hunter use a slowing trap on them, it is much easier to time your holy wrath.
jere

Postby Seloei » Wed May 14, 2008 11:41 pm

That's the wave with 6 abos and 6 necros or the one with 6 abos, 6 ghouls 4 necros or smth?

If it's a wave with 6 abos, it's going to hurt. If there are casters there our rogues/dps warriors/single target damage stun lock's nukes the casters down and the others are sheeped. Tanks usually always grab atleast a few abos off me, that is if they aren't being lazy and taunt a single ghoul -.-

Ask all tanks to grab atleast one abomination off you, stun lock/nuke or sheep the casters, let a warrior spellreflect pull them and you drop a consecrate at his feet. As soon as the abos come for you, pop a free action pot, back up and start your rotation. Stun one with a HoJ when the pot is almost out. The 30 seconds should buy plenty of time for the other tanks to grab 2 abos off you. If they haven't managed that, ask them why they didn't.
Seloei

Postby Andover » Thu May 15, 2008 10:49 am

6 Aboms:
Prot Pally = 2x Aboms
Feral Druid = 2x Aboms
DPS Druid (Bear Quickmode) = 1x Abom
Hunter = 1x Abom kited to Tauren Warriors / Thrall

6 Necromancers:
Mages = 2 Necro's Sheeped
Shadow Priests (we run with 2) = Each MC's a Necro = 2
Prot Warrior MT = Grabs the attention of two Necros with the help of the Fury Warriors/Rogues/Enh Shaman.

It's really only as difficult as you make it. I pull everything at the begining. Turn around and high tail it QUICKLY to the back of the NPC's leaving a wake of Consecration. Shadow Protection buff from Priests helps the entire raid here.

If you're still having issues use your Paladins to Fear, Priests to Shackle, etc, until everything is under control. Hammer of Justice an Abom to help the Ferals out in gathering up the Aboms.

Don't be afraid to let an NPC Headhunter bite the bullet from an Abomination.
Andover

Postby Base » Fri May 16, 2008 1:37 am

We have a no AoE rule on the 6 abom pulls. I'll get initial aggro and thow a shield - mages sheep necros while melee tank them, we get a couple of shackles and a fear on the aboms and then once each tank has one we drag them back and single target dps them.
Base

Postby Thanehand » Fri May 16, 2008 1:44 am

We run with a pally tank, 2 prot warriors and a arm/fury warrior, and actually have little trouble on the Aboms.

I'd like some thoughts on the gargoyles tho, having lots of trouble with them....

We tried a hunter shotting them, and running back... the NPCs just aggroed them. So we added in some locks etc, and they kind of got them back to the main AoE. Didn't work too well tho. So we tried taking the ranged and killing them where they spawned. Needless to say, it was much slower than AoE and the next packs kept piling up on us...

Anyone want to share how they deal with the Gargolyes?

(In the previous 2 bosses' waves we've just collected everything and AoE'd it down, with the melee taking out the Necros)
ImageImage
Thanehand

Postby Worldie » Fri May 16, 2008 3:17 am

We usually send every caster, me and some healers in back, Avenger Shield (when i had it <.<) , Holy wrath, Turn Evil, Exorcism are all good to aggro em. We try to nuke some there, then at 60 sec to next wave we run to the front so we got the NPCs for the next wave.
Results are like the following:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Thanehand » Fri May 16, 2008 3:31 am

Cool! I'll try that, thanks Worldie
ImageImage
Thanehand

Postby Andover » Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 am

Thanehand wrote:We run with a pally tank, 2 prot warriors and a arm/fury warrior, and actually have little trouble on the Aboms.

I'd like some thoughts on the gargoyles tho, having lots of trouble with them....

We tried a hunter shotting them, and running back... the NPCs just aggroed them. So we added in some locks etc, and they kind of got them back to the main AoE. Didn't work too well tho. So we tried taking the ranged and killing them where they spawned. Needless to say, it was much slower than AoE and the next packs kept piling up on us...

Anyone want to share how they deal with the Gargolyes?

(In the previous 2 bosses' waves we've just collected everything and AoE'd it down, with the melee taking out the Necros)

Worldie wrote:We usually send every caster, me and some healers in back, Avenger Shield (when i had it <.<) , Holy wrath, Turn Evil, Exorcism are all good to aggro em. We try to nuke some there, then at 60 sec to next wave we run to the front so we got the NPCs for the next wave.
Results are like the following:

The only difference is I stay in front with 2 healers, 22 other people head to the back and pick up Gargoyles.

We meet at Thrall and his buddies. As the casters/hunters/healer come running down the hill I Righouts Defense to give them a hand and pull them even further down into the AoE Area. At this point our Melee DPS is having a field day on them and we'll finish off everyting with a sprinkle of AoE. They're not terrible to deal with once you get that figured out.
Andover

Postby Tekkel » Fri May 16, 2008 7:30 am

What I found to be working for gargoyles is to get aggro on em and then use LOS. they will come down very fast and u can even aoe them down at that point.
Tekkel

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal