Remove Advertisements

Doomfires galore!

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Doomfires galore!

Postby Loganb1104 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:44 am

The WoW forums are apparently ablaze with people complaining about the increased difficulty of the Archimonde encounter since 2.4.2 hit. We fought him last night and indeed, the doomfires are behaving... strangely.

-They're spawning at a higher rate.
-They're frequently spawning right on top of the main tank.
-They seem to be changing targets either more frequently, randomly, or not targeting people at all.
-Some people seem to think that they're staying on the ground for a longer duration, as well.

The main problem that these new and improved doomfires caused us was an increased frequency of melee getting the debuff due to fire looping back at them. Our tank also frequently had the debuff.

Normally we one-shot him (two if we bring in new people that don't know how to stay alive). Last night it took 6 or 7 tries to get him down.

Just a heads-up.
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby Catriona » Wed May 14, 2008 7:16 am

In before Onyxia Deep Breaths more.

Seriously though, we're going to play with Archi tonight and I'll come back with my thoughts on the issue. ^_^
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Dianora » Wed May 14, 2008 7:57 am

Catriona wrote:In before Onyxia Deep Breaths more.

Seriously though, we're going to play with Archi tonight and I'll come back with my thoughts on the issue. ^_^

Doomfire Video 1 and Doomfire Video 2.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Fridmarr » Wed May 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Hortus replied on the Bugs forums that they are looking into this, hopefully they can resolve it quickly.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby ehly » Wed May 14, 2008 2:21 pm

We killed him sunday fine, then went in tuesday and we also had doomfires behaving exactly like was mentioned. They were all over our melee and tank. Looping around archimonde's feet and spawning much more irraticatly.

After we gave up we visited the game forums and saw all the posts about similar issues. The fight seems extremely melee unfriendly now. Not that it was nice to them to start with.
ehly

Postby Dianora » Wed May 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Hortus replied on the Bugs forums that they are looking into this, hopefully they can resolve it quickly.

Blizzard forum are kind of messed up right now.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Catriona » Wed May 14, 2008 7:23 pm

Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Dianora » Thu May 15, 2008 6:20 am

Catriona wrote:In before Onyxia Deep Breaths more.

Hotfixed.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Return to Mt. Hyjal