The tree of doom?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

The tree of doom?

Postby Catriona » Mon May 05, 2008 9:36 am

So there we were, wailing away at Archimonde, doomfire, fear, PvP trinket blah blah blah.

I'm on the side by the lake healing my little hood off, lalala, and my group gets airbursted. I wait for a second or two, then hit levitate. I float a bit, land on the World Tree, and instantly die.

Seeing as how I was the first one to die, I had to explain what happened to me to the rest of the raid. Some people said "oh ya you insta-gib when you hit the Tree/lake" and some people disagreed, some said I lagged and cratered.

So, has anyone experienced this, and does getting too close to the Tree or touching it get you splatted?

*edited to specify
Last edited by Catriona on Mon May 05, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Worldie » Mon May 05, 2008 10:17 am

I landed few times on trees and did not die.

How exactly you died, damage, or just death?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Catriona » Mon May 05, 2008 11:00 am

Nah, not just a tree. The World Tree. Big ol' fucker in the middle.

I think the number, off the top of my head, was 20k or something like that. Sort of as if Archi had hit me (I'd say as if I cratered but I've actually never seen how much that hits me for, TBH).
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Dianora » Mon May 05, 2008 12:39 pm

Catriona wrote:Nah, not just a tree. The World Tree. Big ol' fucker in the middle.

I think the number, off the top of my head, was 20k or something like that. Sort of as if Archi had hit me (I'd say as if I cratered but I've actually never seen how much that hits me for, TBH).

Just like the hills that was used to negate doomfire (doomfire used to not traverse up the hills), the tree used to be used by some guild to negate airburst.

Fix was made a couple of patches back, so you can't cheese the fight that way anymore.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Return to Mt. Hyjal