Remove Advertisements

first time in hyjal

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sithy » Thu May 01, 2008 10:33 am

superworm wrote:How do you guys position? Should the person targetted by the infernal move towards the infernal tank and the people around him just stay unmoved, or people around should also move some distance? How many healers are required for this battle? Should they equip some shadow resist gear?

We tank him at the bottom of the hill.
Healers spread out evenly in a circle, hint: use raid marks.
If you get an infernal on you, you book it to the infernal tank, in our case its a pally tank, for exorcism.
We did this fight with 5 healers the other day, our first kill was with 5 healers an enchance shaman in healing gear, so 5.5.
The BR resist neck is great, thats assuming you've killed Fathom-Lord, Al'ar and Rage more than once.
Sithy

Re: first time in hyjal

Postby YoYoMa » Thu May 01, 2008 11:44 am

Balsimar wrote:The best rewards are found within yourself, untarnished by external complications.

You should take pride in your own accomplishments, and not worry about how anyone else plays the game.
:D that's a pretty good quote

As far as the infernals etc.. the information you need can be found here http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=2787
YoYoMa

Postby sbeacher » Thu May 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Fuck that is a slap in the face for those of us who spent months farming vashj and kael, shame on guilds like yours

Why the hell should we be ashamed? Because instead of smashing our faces into the keyboard over frustrating content we get to see content that makes everyone laugh and go "holy fuck peons are farming wood!" and "EVERYONE LOOK UP! FROST WYRM!"

Most of us played Warcraft 3 so Hyjal is an awesome blast from the past.

Not ashamed at all.

Also we did 3/4 TK before this. We haven't gone to SSC because a. we don't have resist tanks yet and b. people have seen the inside of SSC, nobody had seen Hyjal.

Again, not ashamed at all. Sorry your progression kills were so frustrating but ours have been fun, even if we're 7 months late to the game. Fuck, 7 months ago I hadn't even rolled my pally.
sbeacher

Postby Huon » Thu May 01, 2008 2:59 pm

Relax... :P

Also, you can do the whole SSC without a resist tank... just skip Hydross : /

thats what we did. We ended up going Lurker --> Tidewalker --> Karathress --> Hydross and then Leo
Huon

Postby Lakirby » Thu May 01, 2008 4:50 pm

Aleriya wrote:he guilds who really got slapped in the face are the ones who killed Kael and Vashj just as the patch came out and got overtaken by guilds who skipped SSC. (My guild killed Kael two weeks after 2.4 and then went to Hyjal for the first time. We dropped about 20 places on WoWJutsu because Gruul's guilds are now 4/5 and 3/9 BT) But, we got to go into Hyjal without needing to attune the more casual raiders, so it's all cool :P

Meh, we killed Kael 10 March, we're still ahead of everyone who hadn't killed Kael at that point. 4/5 5/9, and there's a very good chance that Archimonde is dying this week.
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby superworm » Fri May 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Sithy wrote:
superworm wrote:How do you guys position? Should the person targetted by the infernal move towards the infernal tank and the people around him just stay unmoved, or people around should also move some distance? How many healers are required for this battle? Should they equip some shadow resist gear?

We tank him at the bottom of the hill.
Healers spread out evenly in a circle, hint: use raid marks.
If you get an infernal on you, you book it to the infernal tank, in our case its a pally tank, for exorcism.
We did this fight with 5 healers the other day, our first kill was with 5 healers an enchance shaman in healing gear, so 5.5.
The BR resist neck is great, thats assuming you've killed Fathom-Lord, Al'ar and Rage more than once.

We have got him to 8% and only lost a warrior last time, at which point he enraged and wiped our raid. The RL set the strategy as survival oriented which apparently makes our DPS insufficient. And why the hell he got 4 protection warriors in the raid :( sigh...
superworm

Postby Worldie » Fri May 02, 2008 8:36 pm

Erm wait, since when Anatheron got a Enrage timer Oo?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby superworm » Sat May 03, 2008 9:05 am

Worldie wrote:Erm wait, since when Anatheron got a Enrage timer Oo?

My addons didn't show an enrage countdown bar, but Anetheron enrages after 10 minutes I think. Last time he enrages, his swarm hit me for 25k shadow damage.

Anyway, we had one of the four protection warrior change to fury warrior and reduced the healers to 6, and got him down for 6:04. It was strange that at the 5th minute he didn't cast the infernal spell...
Last edited by superworm on Sat May 03, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
superworm

Postby Catriona » Sat May 03, 2008 9:44 am

I was thinking exactly this.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Aleriya » Sat May 03, 2008 12:36 pm

I've run into quite a few surprise enrage timers, like Aran for instance. It's a 15-minute timer I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if every BC boss had an enrage timer, but some are so long that the average player has never seen it.
Aleriya

Postby Edgarstrong » Tue May 06, 2008 5:08 am

Our guild has clared 5/6 SSC on our first reset there:) Now we are thinking whether to do Vasj or start Hyjal. I personally find that there is no reason why not try out Tier 5 content, may be it is less fun than Hyjal but still imho would be shame to move on to LK without having seen SSC and TK.
Edgarstrong

Postby mazater » Tue May 06, 2008 5:43 am

"Berserk: After 10 minutes Anetheron increases all damage dealt by 500% and attack speed by 150%"

http://www.wowwiki.com/Anetheron_%28tactics%29
mazater

Postby jere » Tue May 06, 2008 5:53 am

An interesting post by a blue:

Ok, we're in the process of deploying a hotfix that will change Illidan's berserk timer to 25 minutes. I'll make a post when our server people tell me it's been deployed to the realms. We're also looking into what went wrong in our processes that led us to the 15 minute timer suddenly appearing.

And now, I want to discuss berserk timers for a little while...

It was certainly not our intent to add a strong DPS check to this encounter with a new 15 minute berserk timer. Pretty much all of our encounters have berserk timers, but the vast majority of them are set at values that you'll probably not see during normal play. They exist mainly as safety check to make sure that the fight isn't being beaten with some really odd strategy or some kind of undiscovered exploit.

Now, some of them do have very aggressive berserk timers as part of the overall challenge. Encounters like Hydross the Unstable, Patchwerk, and Leotheras the Blind come to mind. The timers for those encounters enforce a minimum DPS requirement on the raid, which means you can't stack the raid with healing classes, have your DPS be very timid, and expect to win. If we set these kinds of timers TOO aggressively, then you have to stack in the opposite way with fewer healers and more damage dealing classes. Our challenge is finding the sweet spot.

Other encounters have more "organic" limits to the overall fight length. Gruul the Dragonkiller eventually grows to the point of destroying tanks in one hit, Lady Vashj's ever growing Spore Bat army wears the raid down, etc. Those mechanics are all pretty cool, but every encounter is different. Some fights work well with these kinds of soft organic time limits, but sometimes the simple brick wall of a berserk timer promotes a bit more tension and sense of urgency.

So back to Illidan... the 25 minute Berserk timer is not designed to be an aggressive timer. Raids fighting Illidan should have plenty of time to beat him.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... &sid=1#357
jere

Postby Melathys » Tue May 06, 2008 7:41 am

I had built up a nice block value set for hyjal (700+)...yet I was running out of mana. Started using my standard tanking set (350ish BV) and everything was gravy.
Melathys

Postby Balsimar » Tue May 06, 2008 8:51 am

Melathys wrote:I had built up a nice block value set for hyjal (700+)...yet I was running out of mana. Started using my standard tanking set (350ish BV) and everything was gravy.

The amount of BV needed is directly proportional to the quality of your healing force.
Balsimar

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal