Remove Advertisements

first time in hyjal

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

first time in hyjal

Postby sbeacher » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:18 am

Did Hyjal for the first time tonight.

Nobody in the guild had ever done it. We've just been doing ZA runs and 2 weeks ago went into TK for the first time ever. Took a bit of learning for A'lar but VR and Solarian were easy after that. Haven't tried Kael yet.

So this week we decided we'd go to Hyjal (completely skipped SSC)

Got there, took an hour just about to explain the whole fight, then one shotted Rage.

Anetheron was a bit harder, but we got him on the third time after we worked out some positioning issues with too many healers getting the swarm. I was just the infernal tank. Made a macro to /target Towering /cast Exorcism to pull them to me fast after landing.

I used all my spell damage gear just about (I even used Timbal's Focusing Crystal as one of my trinkets) I had about 700 spelldamage buffed and ~500block value. I can get over 700 block value in all my block gear but the trash didn't seem like it hit too hard so it just seemed like spell damage was the way to go. I was 10th overall dps for the entire raid.

We made a half assed attempt at Kaz'rogal but people were kinda burnt out by then. The only wave there that seems hard is the 8th but if you have thrall and all the tauren involved it seems trivial. Does the trash start to hit way harder later?

Oh, and I got my hammer :) Nice upgrade to my s1 gavel.

Gems starting to flow in now is gonna make everything way easier. We probably got 7 or 8 epics off trash alone, too.
sbeacher

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:48 am

The only hard trash wave is probably the first of Azgalor, 6 abominations and 6 necromancers, relatively ouch...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby sbeacher » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:27 am

Also our first trash epic was Pepe's cloak. I didn't even bother putting a bid in on it since I figured I'd let our two warrior tanks get it before I grab it (same thing happened when Phoenix Cloak dropped on A'lar, I didn't even bother bidding)

Was that a wise move or am I gonna regret not having it later? Seems like Pepe's is only better situationally, and I'm cutting it close enough on defense these days.
sbeacher

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:54 am

I still prefer slikk's back to Pepe's. It has more avoidance, more armor, just some less stam...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby superworm » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:38 am

My guild is 5/6 at SSC and 3/4 at Tk, but we haven't downed Anetheron yet. Last time we wiped at 70% so our RL decided we were not enough prepared for him and stopped trying. But from the post here I think there must be something terribly wrong about our strategy.

How do you guys position? Should the person targetted by the infernal move towards the infernal tank and the people around him just stay unmoved, or people around should also move some distance? How many healers are required for this battle? Should they equip some shadow resist gear?

We plan to try Kael and Vashj this week, but I would be happier to see Anetheron get down first.
superworm

Postby sbeacher » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:34 pm

We had everyone somewhat spread out (mostly to try and avoid too many people getting hit by the swarm, from what I understood this is a cone effect?)

I would just hang out on top of the hills waiting for the infernals to land. Once one did I would use my macro which was usually enough to grab aggro on the mob (would get random hunter mds too), and I would back it up to right next to Jana and tank it there away from everyone. Once I had it in place I'd call out for ranged dps to take out the infernal. We'd kill them usually with about 10 seconds before the next one came in.

When Kaz was around 10% dps just concentrated on the boss and I just held the infernal until he died (they despawn when he dies)
sbeacher

Postby superworm » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:47 am

Some people say that the raid should be positioned like a circle centering the boss, while others say that we should spread the raid in a half circle to make the infernal pulling easier. Any way, our raid have two tanks with 365 fire resist ( myself and a warrior) so if we position in a circle we can use 2 infernal tanks. Any suggestion on which way we should position?
superworm

Postby Balsimar » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:22 am

I'm our only Infernal tank. exorcism and/or AS is all you need to effectively grab an infernal, as long as your DPS is killing each infernal before the next one appears. I usually don't use any FR except my aura.

As for positioning, we usually have Anetheron on the little hills coming into town, and I tank the infernals on the crossroads. I drag the first one to Jaina to get her involved in the fight.

Melee DPS is behind anetheron, closest to the town entry point (where the mobs come in) ranged DPS + healers usually spread out on the hill over near jaina's tower, and over by the blacksmith.

Also... I wouldn't say "I'm just the infernal tank". The infernals are probably the hardest part of the fight as a tank. Be proud knowing your class skills bring a lot to the fight in making infernals simple.
Balsimar

Postby Yadard » Thu May 01, 2008 1:31 am

Have to agree here. I usually tank Anetheron, and as Rainge said of Naj'entus in Black Temple, the most difficult thing about it is not snoring audibly over voice coms. My warrior compatriots have a whale of a time Intercepting the infernals and playing, "Right, are the DPS & healers awake this week?"

:wink:

Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Yadard

Re: first time in hyjal

Postby Morganim » Thu May 01, 2008 8:05 am

sbeacher wrote:So this week we decided we'd go to Hyjal (completely skipped SSC)

Got there, took an hour just about to explain the whole fight, then one shotted Rage.

wow
just wow

Fuck that is a slap in the face for those of us who spent months farming vashj and kael, shame on guilds like yours
Morganim

Postby Mortehl » Thu May 01, 2008 8:12 am

Morganim wrote:
sbeacher wrote:So this week we decided we'd go to Hyjal (completely skipped SSC)

wow
just wow

Fuck that is a slap in the face for those of us who spent months farming vashj and kael, shame on guilds like yours

QQ?

Your reward was being there first.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Morganim » Thu May 01, 2008 8:18 am

Mortehl wrote:
Morganim wrote:

wow
just wow

QQ?

Your reward was being there first.

i can handle guilds that where stuck on kael/vashj but at least tried them and had done t5 content.

Totaly skipping ssc is just plain retarded tho
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Thu May 01, 2008 8:54 am

On my priest guild i brought people to MH and BT while we were just 2/6 2/4. I'd say that half of SSC and TK bosses.

Hyjal is definitively more funny and entertaining. We got to 1/5 3/9 and just yesterday killed Karathress.

While before guilds were forced to a order, now it's up to their desire.

Ye looks like being a slap in face for those who farmed Kael and Vashj months ago, but as said, it's months ago. I went to Hyjal 7 months before any of the people in my alt's guild, so it's fine for me. Also, they have the chance of seeing a very cool place like BT is, instead of being stuck on Al'Ar for months because we can't find enough tanks online at same time.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aleriya » Thu May 01, 2008 9:10 am

FWIW, Al'ar is pretty easy to do with three tanks :)

I don't see why guilds who are killing bosses in Sunwell care about T6 attunement removal. The guilds who really got slapped in the face are the ones who killed Kael and Vashj just as the patch came out and got overtaken by guilds who skipped SSC. (My guild killed Kael two weeks after 2.4 and then went to Hyjal for the first time. We dropped about 20 places on WoWJutsu because Gruul's guilds are now 4/5 and 3/9 BT) But, we got to go into Hyjal without needing to attune the more casual raiders, so it's all cool :P
Aleriya

Postby Balsimar » Thu May 01, 2008 9:36 am

Morganim wrote:wow
just wow

The best rewards are found within yourself, untarnished by external complications.

You should take pride in your own accomplishments, and not worry about how anyone else plays the game.
Balsimar

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal