General Hyjal questions.

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

General Hyjal questions.

Postby Kellann » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:51 am

So week 1 we took down the first 2 bosses, I used my FAP's and still screamed like a little girl when I ended up with 3Abo 6other assignments...thankfully my healers kick ass and it worked.

I told them afterwards that it's not supposed to work like that (or worse)

Week 2 we pulled a repeat, except our FAP source forgot...and the AH had neither pots nor mats - so we went ahead with it rather than hold the raid while people go swimming in Loch Modan, etc.

We again managed (I have no idea how) to survive stupid tanking all the trash I swear our official strat/motto is "Kellann to the front, AE count to three, WIN and had more good times in the alliance camp.

But here's where we felt sheepish - we get to the horde camp, do the same thing...only to find out that there's some gargoyles in the back raping villagers. Raid time ended before we could track down our friend who's been thru it before, so I figured I'd ask here.

Horde Camp Question - do we split raid? Send an assigned hunter or two with healer to deal with 'goyles? Kite them together creatively? AEsplatter the front group then run back to the 'goyles only to have to rush to the front for the next wave?
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Dorvan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:57 am

On Kaz there are two waves where gargoyles spawn in the back: waves 2 and 4.

wave 2 is 4 ghouls, 10 gargoyles

We send the entire raid except for myself and one healer to the back to work on the gargoyles. I bring the ghouls and they get AoE'ed among the gargoyles when I arrive. Only thing to watch out for is to do a couple full consecrates before dragging them back, otherwise the NPCs are likely to pull them off you before you reach the back (not a big deal, just kind of annoying)

Wave 4 is 6 Gargoyles, 6 Crypt Fiends, 2 Shadowy Necromancers

We send hunters, shadow priests, and one healer to the back to start working on gargoyles....melee and AoE DPS stay in front to kill necromancers and crypt fiends, respectively. Once the cryptfiends are close to dead I start running to the back with the other DPS following me and we finish off the gargoyles.

In general, tell your ranged dps to land the Gargoyles. Basically, get aggro and then starting running....as you move away the gargoyle will get closer and closer to the ground as it chases you, until it's low enough to be in melee range.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Kellann » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:35 pm

Danke.

Any other tricky waves?

Kaz'6 with 8 Gargoyle + Frost Wyrm from the back or front? (assuming all from the back)

Azg'2 with the same + 5 ghouls...basically your strat for Kaz'2 with a wyrm thrown in?

And guessing slap on the FR for infernal duty on Azg'3, 4, & 7 ?
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Dorvan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:37 pm

On Kaz 6 and Az 2 the Gargoyles show up near the front of the camp, so no raid splitting is needed.

Infernals are chumps, no need for FR.

Az 6 can be a PITA, best way to handle it is to get the Tauren involved in wave 5 and banish a Felhunter, which will keep the Tauren from disengaging. The Tauren then stunlock wave 6, making your life much easier. On that and other waves where the are a lot of necros, a grounding totem in the tank gorup does wonders for eating the first volley of shadow bolts.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Full SR geared tankadin works well on Az wave 6 also.

Or a warrior running in with last stand, nightmare seed and shield wall up
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Or just have the warrior spell reflect ^_-
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby fafhrd » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:40 pm

we send a couple of warlocks, a healer and a hunter back to get the gargoyles, everyone else stays front.

when the locks/hunters have aggro on the gargoyles, drag them back to where the rest of the mobs are being killed and aoe them down. the long walk back also tends to land the gargoyles so the melee can help since the ghouls and stuff are mostly dead by then anyway.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Andover » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:09 am

Dorvan wrote:On Kaz there are two waves where gargoyles spawn in the back: waves 2 and 4.

wave 2 is 4 ghouls, 10 gargoyles

We send the entire raid except for myself and one healer to the back to work on the gargoyles. I bring the ghouls and they get AoE'ed among the gargoyles when I arrive. Only thing to watch out for is to do a couple full consecrates before dragging them back, otherwise the NPCs are likely to pull them off you before you reach the back (not a big deal, just kind of annoying)

Not such a big deal anymore since we can taunt off NPC's. I do normaly wait for 2 rounds of consecration before moving them to our AoE spot. As said before, that's the easy part.
Andover

Postby Kellann » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:46 am

Jensaarai wrote:Or just have the warrior spell reflect ^_-

Yah, that's what we'd planned on doing - along with using the Tauren from wave 5.

Thanks bunches for the info guys.

P.S. For non-Abo AE waves I found it hilarious to hotswap to my grinding shield (Spor+Spike)....Being in the Skype call with the GL as I pass his WW dps and hear him go "WTF man, what did you do!?!?" was priceless. I think it comes out to like 50 threat per swing and 20 tps from the poison - nonetheless the AE just loved rocking the 3-6k/s :D
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Dorvan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:23 am

Kellann wrote:P.S. For non-Abo AE waves I found it hilarious to hotswap to my grinding shield (Spor+Spike)....Being in the Skype call with the GL as I pass his WW dps and hear him go "WTF man, what did you do!?!?" was priceless. I think it comes out to like 50 threat per swing and 20 tps from the poison - nonetheless the AE just loved rocking the 3-6k/s :D

Using a Lichen Guard seems a bit silly, but in general the only people ahead of me on the DPS meters for trash are Warlocks and Mages.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:34 pm

Spell reflect will only eat about half the damage from the volley on Azgalor wave 6, since the necromancers will reach range to start casting at different times. I highly recommend having your warrior get spell reflect up, and as soon as the shadowbolts start flying, turn tail and run back toward the group, and intervene someone way in the back. After that, turn around and get back in range. You should be able to cover the downtime on spell reflect by being out of range. The only downside is you may lose someone in the process, but it keeps most of the wave on the warrior and under control until CC and the other tanks can get into position to split up the shadow damage.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby ehly » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:10 pm

A grounding totem can do wonders especially for the first wave of shadow bolts. As most of the necro's reach and cast at the same time since they all hit within a fraction of a second the grounding totem actually absorbs most of the spells, not just 1. We have had the entire first volley of bolts sucked up by the totem on several occasions. It doesn't always work, but every bolt that it does is less that need healed.
ehly

Return to Mt. Hyjal