Remove Advertisements

Results of the Patch.

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sophos » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:04 pm

Loganb1104 wrote:If they're sick of SSC/TK, just wait til' they get a load of Hyjal trash... yech.

This.

Though to be fair, now that my guild finally has a protection paladin, it has become approximately 50% less irritating. Waves go much smoother.
Sophos
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:19 pm

Postby Jeanette » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:17 pm

Going into Hyjal for the first time ever tonight as a guild.
Image
Jeanette
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:45 am

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:04 pm

For my priest guild, i told them i'll be bringing them to hyjal the week after we do 5/6 3/4 in 1 week.

Since we're still 2/6 2/4, there's long time to pass :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13347
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Dianora » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Loganb1104 wrote:
Dianora wrote:Hyjal trash isn't too bad. The whole Hyjal seem easy now that I've been here for over 5 weeks.


It's not so much that it's bad, as it's monotonous. 8 waves... boss... 8 waves... boss... repeat.

Nevermind the fact that if you mess up and wipe on the 8th wave or if someone falls asleep looking at their mana bar on Kaz'rogal you have to do EVERY FRIGGIN WAVE over again. :-/

Having a pally tank does make Hyjal trash much more bearable, though.


Today I died for the first time in weeks on trash. Tanking 2 abominations, and the loot window pop up a purple text cloak, and the healer got distracted, and I died.

Lesson learned, don't loot until we're out of combat.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Morganim » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:49 am

Dianora wrote:
Loganb1104 wrote:
Dianora wrote:Hyjal trash isn't too bad. The whole Hyjal seem easy now that I've been here for over 5 weeks.


It's not so much that it's bad, as it's monotonous. 8 waves... boss... 8 waves... boss... repeat.

Nevermind the fact that if you mess up and wipe on the 8th wave or if someone falls asleep looking at their mana bar on Kaz'rogal you have to do EVERY FRIGGIN WAVE over again. :-/

Having a pally tank does make Hyjal trash much more bearable, though.


Today I died for the first time in weeks on trash. Tanking 2 abominations, and the loot window pop up a purple text cloak, and the healer got distracted, and I died.

Lesson learned, don't loot until we're out of combat.


Sounds like your healer needs to either wake up

or learn to do 2 things at once
Morganim
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby Oriax » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:42 am

We're also probably moving to Hyjal tonight, having downed Vashj but gotten stuck on Kael for many weeks.
Then people started to drop off in activity and focus, our progress on him even got to the point it reverted back to alot of people dying because of stupid retarded mistakes in p1 and p2 even (!?). Lack of real interest with attunements lifted in the near future.

So the patch, although with the feeling "it sucks" abit, hopefully will get the people back on track abit with new content and happy raiding. We plan on going back but I guess we'll have to see how that works out when my thinking is more people will be more hungry on killing new bosses and progressing, than going back and wipe on Kael, 'cos that's what we still will do unless people in the raid start to wake up.

But I'm eager to see Hyjal also and try something different so hopefully it'll be all good.
Image
Oriax
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:22 am
Location: Sweden

Postby sanctifico » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:37 am

Holyfuri wrote:What kind of gear requirement would it take from everyone to clear the first few bosses in hyjal and first couple in BT?

Our guild has been farming 5/6 SSC and 3/4 TK for a while, and most of the raid is fairly well geared other than loot from the two bosses left. Our MT has about 21k hps fully buffed and OT's have around 19-20k (warriors and pallys). Healers are all sitting around 1900-2k and dps ranges from 750-1200.

Just curious what kind of results we can expect.


You'll be able to do:
MH wise, only Kaz’rogal (hits like a pussy) and Anetheron will be difficult, as they are dps/mana races.

BT wise, Naj’enjust, Supremus, Akama, and Gorfiend should be do-able, but you’ll be banging your heads against RoS + Bloodboil in BT and Archimone in MH

im currently training my cat to press my holy shield and conceration buttons so i can go afk in MH
Image

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:47 am
Location: Customer Services Exec.

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:47 am

sanctifico wrote:
Holyfuri wrote:What kind of gear requirement would it take from everyone to clear the first few bosses in hyjal and first couple in BT?

Our guild has been farming 5/6 SSC and 3/4 TK for a while, and most of the raid is fairly well geared other than loot from the two bosses left. Our MT has about 21k hps fully buffed and OT's have around 19-20k (warriors and pallys). Healers are all sitting around 1900-2k and dps ranges from 750-1200.

Just curious what kind of results we can expect.


You'll be able to do:
MH wise, only Kaz’rogal (hits like a pussy) and Anetheron will be difficult, as they are dps/mana races.

BT wise, Naj’enjust, Supremus, Akama, and Gorfiend should be do-able, but you’ll be banging your heads against RoS + Bloodboil in BT and Archimone in MH

im currently training my cat to press my holy shield and conceration buttons so i can go afk in MH


Thanks for the advice everyone. Our guild went into MH for the first time last night. You can feel free to armory our guild or my gear. We wiped on trash one time learning the coordination, and then one shot winterchill.

After that we wiped once on the next round of trash, then brought antheron down to 6% before a missed MD to the infernal tank killed too many healers =( All in all the trash is a piece of cake now, we have plenty of tanks to pull aboms off of me, and antheron should go down next raid night.

I am very excited to head into BT and see what we can down in there now. To be honest the fights seemed more like a heroic boss encounter than a T6 raid, very simplistic, and very easy.
Image
Image
User avatar
Holyfuri
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:07 am

Postby Dragonzbane » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:26 am

Holyfuri wrote:After that we wiped once on the next round of trash, then brought antheron down to 6% before a missed MD to the infernal tank killed too many healers =( All in all the trash is a piece of cake now, we have plenty of tanks to pull aboms off of me, and antheron should go down next raid night.



Why aren't you the Infernal tank?

If you were then you wouldn't have had to worry about MDs and the raid would not have wiped. It's silly/stupid to not use a Paladin as the Infernal tank unless you are MTing.
Image
Dragonzbane
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:58 am
Location: In the Forums, stirring the pot.

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:37 am

Dragonzbane wrote:
Holyfuri wrote:After that we wiped once on the next round of trash, then brought antheron down to 6% before a missed MD to the infernal tank killed too many healers =( All in all the trash is a piece of cake now, we have plenty of tanks to pull aboms off of me, and antheron should go down next raid night.



Why aren't you the Infernal tank?

If you were then you wouldn't have had to worry about MDs and the raid would not have wiped. It's silly/stupid to not use a Paladin as the Infernal tank unless you are MTing.


The raid leader and MT (warrior) has fire resist gear made to help him stay alive, whereas I have none. We have been discussing that, and I will probably be the infernal tank. Do I need any FR gear to hold those infernals really? I've never been hit by one to know yet.
Image
Image
User avatar
Holyfuri
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:07 am

Postby Dorvan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:40 am

Holyfuri wrote:The raid leader and MT (warrior) has fire resist gear made to help him stay alive, whereas I have none. We have been discussing that, and I will probably be the infernal tank. Do I need any FR gear to hold those infernals really? I've never been hit by one to know yet.


Start reading:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=2787

Opinions vary, but concensus tends to be the at least a chunk of FR is very helpful. Personally, I wear capped FR, which cuts down the healing requirements on me a lot, though it does cause a noticeable reduction in my threat gen.
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:06 am

Thanks for the link it helped alot.
Image
Image
User avatar
Holyfuri
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:07 am

Postby sunstrike » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:14 am

We've downed Vashj but hadn't made it to Kael yet. Kinda worried about the bug that makes him easy mode, hopefully he goes back to normal. It would be nice to get the easy loots off him but I wanna see the real fight.

Our guild is in the same boat as the jist of this thread though. Kind of sick of T5 and looking forward to T6 content to spark things back up again, however still want to get those last two bosses on occasion as well.
Image
User avatar
sunstrike
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:34 am

Postby Lollore » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:33 am

We went into Hyjal last night just to screw around and ended up downing Rage. I think we're going to go mess around in Hyjal once a week or so.

It was really fun, had myself and another pally tank.
Lollore
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:44 am

Postby Dragonzbane » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:35 am

Dorvan wrote:Start reading:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=2787

Opinions vary, but concensus tends to be the at least a chunk of FR is very helpful. Personally, I wear capped FR, which cuts down the healing requirements on me a lot, though it does cause a noticeable reduction in my threat gen.


I disagree with most of the posts there.

I wear the quest ring and neck with Ony's Cloak and use FR aura.
I use a max FR pot at the begining and if necessery at the cooldown.
I only have one Priest or Paladin on me for healing duty.

IE: Any more than that for FR might be nice but is abslutely not needed.
Now, if you have badges to waste and are planning ahead for Illlidan then go ahead and get FR gear but it's not required.


In fact, aside from Hydros and Flame tanking there is absolutely no need for resist gear anymore.
Image
Dragonzbane
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:58 am
Location: In the Forums, stirring the pot.

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?