Remove Advertisements

Trash - Prioritizing stats

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby YoYoMa » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:51 pm

I think the answer is going to be what Worldie said, whatever suits your group best. I run in full spell damage gear and only hit about 450 BV and 19k stam buffed. But I like to grab aggro quick so AoE can start in faster. I tried a block value set too but AoE was pulling off me too much so I swapped back. I never have any issues and keep a heafty stock of FAPs for when I get multiple aboms.
YoYoMa

Postby kartera » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:26 am

Has someone else the same problem? After 2 Bosses and mostly in the middle of the 3.Boss trash waves my shield popped up rdy to be repaired... This sucks >:
kartera

Postby Morax » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:17 am

My Shield broke during waves from Azgalor - luckily i had a second in my bag for fire resist gear 8) But i think it's almost normal ?!

Went 1st Time through Hyjal yesterday, 1-Shoted Rage, Anetheron, Kaz'goral with 1 Trash wipe. Stucked @ Trash before Azgalor :(

Run with Raidbuffed / Potted ~20k | ~670 BV and arround 400 Spelldmg - was quite nice, until the "Insta-Gib-Wave" @ Azgalor Trash, but will try next time with NPCs in front
Morax

Postby ulushnar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:23 am

I heard about the shield problem and I have three with me to be on the safe side. :)
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:37 am

Even if you full repair and don't wipe once, your shield will be atleast yellow before you reach azgalor. Unless you only tank like 2-3 mobs per wave...

We throw up a repairbot when we reach the horde camp usually
Seloei

Postby Gerilith » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:44 am

Abowaves = Illidan-Bulwark
rest = Illidari shield (Archimonde doesn't like me)

without wipes it works out <3
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby gwayne » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:09 am

Well we've just started on MH and I'm tanking all the trash waves. Ghouls, Aboms and Crypt Fiends all on me with lots of healing :) Our arcane mage enjoys the 4k dps :P

I run with:

~20k health raid buffed
~30% block
684 block value
~45% avoidance

Deaths only happen when the healers stop healing but my shield does break after 2 runs of the trash :P
PS. I have no gear from Vashj, KT or MH/BT because we haven't killed them yet so I don't think I seriously out gear the instance.
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby Kaisendou » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Eh, I can generally handle tanking 2 aboms + all the ghouls/necros.

Got a rude awakening trying to tank 4 aboms though... knockdown comboed to a 3 second death...

With a mix of badge/kara/t4 gear, you can aoe tank all of the trash in MH if you are gemmed/enchanted/geared/specced properly without any issues at all.

No need to stack anything, just balance yourself and you will be fine.

A decent setup would be something like.

15k Unbuffed HP.
102.4% uncrushable
490def Uncrittable
17k+ armor
400 Spell Damage

^This is what I was at when I first walked into MH and just started laying down the consecrates/holy wraths, and it felt extremely easy.. like.. kara easy.
Kaisendou

Postby ehly » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:39 pm

Kaisendou wrote:Got a rude awakening trying to tank 4 aboms though... knockdown comboed to a 3 second death...

That or a bad standing spot for the first big shadow bolt volley from necros, are about the only things that ever kill me on trash. Usually I do fairly well on them.

My MH/Aoe set is ~500 spell damage, 19k health, ~560 block value. WWS report show me full avoiding about 47% of all damage and mitigating 30% of the remaining.

I have 2 ZA shields setup for stamina. I usually have ~19/120 dur by the time we reach Azgalor on the first shield.
ehly

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:32 pm

I've dropped repair bots in the middle of waves when I don't notice my shield's dura's going down <_<

"hay why my HS no working ... mana iz ok ... o hai brokun sheld."

Good thing I have an "avoidance" hotkey that throws on Suneater/Bulwark ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Jaedyn » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:23 pm

O_o

Am I the only person who tanks this is my avoidance set?

I roll with 29% dodge, 18% parry and 11% miss, and about 375 BV with 19.9k health buffed and use a Flask of Blinding light for extra threat. I basically gobble everything besides an abom for each OT and one that a hunter pulls off on each wave.

The OT's and melee dps do shuttle runs kicking/silencing mobs and pulling them into concecrate for me to taunt off and the AOE to nuke.

We tend to not CC anything. I guess as worldie said, whatever works for you. Didn't realize I did things so different though =P

P.S. - I <3 my healers, manliest people on the server.
Jaedyn

Postby Arkellian » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:54 pm

I've found that picking your gear for the wave is best.

For example, max threat for the first 3 waves, max stamina for the next 2 waves, and max avoidance for the last 3 waves (depends on the boss though).

Really look over your gear, and never throw anything out. Recently I took 3 hours going through my bank mix-and-matching and surprised myself on the new combinations I found. Like gaining 400 stamina and 55 spell damage in my "new" threat set, made up of gear I already owned for a while.

Note that there are really only 2 ways to increase threat: add spell damage, or trade dodge / parry / miss for block rating.

I average about 5% durability a wave. Depends a lot on the OTs.
Arkellian

Postby Nebuchadneza » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:11 pm

I used a Petrified Lichen Guard with a Felsteel Shield Spike for all the waves leading up to Winterchill a few weeks back. Safer to use my normal ZA shield, but I was 4th or 5th on DPS by the time we got to the boss. :)
Tome of Fiery Redemption is win.
We are really careful mixing Abominations with Ghouls etc though for obvious reasons, but we always have plenty of time to drink and make adjustments between waves.

I remember Lore saying a week back how he was envious of people going into Mt Hyjal for the first time with the 2.4 patch and I've never had so much fun or felt more valuable to my guild as I do right now.
Nebuchadneza

Postby Yeti » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:55 am

Nebuchadneza wrote:I remember Lore saying a week back how he was envious of people going into Mt Hyjal for the first time with the 2.4 patch and I've never had so much fun or felt more valuable to my guild as I do right now.

Same. 1st time last night and a load of fun.
Yeti

Postby Zahir » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:34 pm

today killing azrogal for the first time, i was running with 630ish BV 18-19k HP buffed and wasn't really mana starved unless the fel stalkers burned me a ton...but that didn't happen a lot. 500ish spell dmg. Just gotta tell the locks not to go crazy with Seed of Corruption.

When i first came to hyjal i had around 450 BV, but when you think about it, you are only getting hit for 300-400 with 600ish BV which is very easy to heal through. I prefer higher BV now.

Wave 6 to azgalor sucks...
Zahir

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal