Remove Advertisements

Trash - Prioritizing stats

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby sbeacher » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Realized my post didn't really fit here, moved it to it's own.
sbeacher

Postby Kay » Fri May 02, 2008 4:43 pm

I've been doing some MH tanking and I'm generally doing okay apart from some of the heavier waves, where I can seem to get nuked quite fast early on.

Honestly, I'm really struggling with how to gear for MH trash. I've done a fair bit of reading, and generally I just feel frustrated or confused! Prot isn't my main spec (sorry!) so I'm coping with gear that is handed down from the main tanks once they have it, and badge gear. I'm rarely in a position to get tier tokens for the tanking job. (My current gear, for reference)

What would you say were priorities in general terms to get out of things like ZA gear and badge loot to make life easier for this job? I've seen the main tank lists but I know that the 'best' gear for MH trash are quite different and don't want to be going for the wrong stats with my (somewhat limited) resources!
Kay

Postby Dianora » Fri May 02, 2008 5:48 pm

Kay wrote:I've been doing some MH tanking and I'm generally doing okay apart from some of the heavier waves, where I can seem to get nuked quite fast early on.

Honestly, I'm really struggling with how to gear for MH trash. I've done a fair bit of reading, and generally I just feel frustrated or confused! Prot isn't my main spec (sorry!) so I'm coping with gear that is handed down from the main tanks once they have it, and badge gear. I'm rarely in a position to get tier tokens for the tanking job. (My current gear, for reference)

What would you say were priorities in general terms to get out of things like ZA gear and badge loot to make life easier for this job? I've seen the main tank lists but I know that the 'best' gear for MH trash are quite different and don't want to be going for the wrong stats with my (somewhat limited) resources!

From ZA:

From Bear Boss [item=33191]Jungle Stomper[/item]
From Dragonhawlk Boss [item=33326]Bulwark of the Amani Empire[/item]
From the 2nd Chest [item=33481]Pauldrons of Stone Resolve[/item]
From the 3rd Chest [item=33499]Signet of the Last Defender[/item]
From Hexlord [item=33421]Battleworn Tuskguard[/item] item was changed in 2.4, but still a bunch of block value.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Kay » Sat May 03, 2008 2:22 am

Ouch that's a lot of ZA :) Cheers for that.
Kay

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal