Hyjal Trash Farming?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hyjal Trash Farming?

Postby Coldaan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:31 am

Hiho!

So my Raid managed finally to kill Kael'Thas last week. After we'd wiped many weeks on Vashj before Kael went kinda quick.^^ And now we are facing Hyjal of course. Regarding Equip we are I think more than ready for Hyjal, our Dps has improved a lot in the last couple of weeks, so has our healing & I am close to 22k HP in full Stamina Gear while keeping ~400 Spelldmg I think without wizard oil & stuff.

Now I heard it's possible to go in there with ~15 people to farm rep/epics from the Trash Waves before Rage if you have a Prot Pala available, and then wipe on purpose on the last wave & start over again.^^

I plan on trying that maybe next week, so some advice on group setup, tactics and gear choices would be highly appreciated.
Are there some good videos to look at concerning this? I didn't find any unfortunately.
Coldaan

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:53 am

You basically need 2-3 healers (maybe 4) and 6-7 AoE.

I'd suggest to just get to wave 6 then reset.

However, be aware that when you start the event you get saved to the istance. Also, the first wave does never give rep nor drops.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Coldaan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:50 am

Does is matter if you get saved to the instance anyway if you don't kill a boss?
I mean, the plan is to do several hours of farming on wednesday because thursday is our "hyjal raiding day". Or is there a Problem then?
Coldaan

Postby Gerilith » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:54 am

Coldaan wrote:Does is matter if you get saved to the instance anyway if you don't kill a boss?
I mean, the plan is to do several hours of farming on wednesday because thursday is our "hyjal raiding day". Or is there a Problem then?

The point is that one of these trash farming guys must open the instance for raiding the bosses if they've already got an ID. That's something to keep in mind ;)
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby enbee » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:43 am

Did this the day after they added hyjal trashloot to farm my mace/cloak, had 5 healers (too much, but they just aoe'd aswell, they were all paladins or priests) 2 mages 2 locks and 2 dps warriors, cleared up to wave 8 every time (abomwaves, the amount of healers comes in handy :p)
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Coldaan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:11 am

ok thanks for the tips, i'll keep you up to date on how well it went ;-)
Coldaan

Return to Mt. Hyjal