Remove Advertisements

of NPC's and taunt

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

of NPC's and taunt

Postby Oramac » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:48 am

ok, so i've been tanking trash in hyjal, and while my gear is kinda shitty i've had to default to not running out and holy wrath-ing and getting instagibbed every wave. inevitably this means some NPCs get an add on em and, try as i might, i cant taunt off em. i've tried all kinds of different timing things and targeting the npc and the mob, but no dice so far.

help!
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Gerilith » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:56 am

You're right. Our solution was to tell the other tanks to taunt off mobs from NPCs until my gear was good enough to always use holy wrath and hold aggro against every NPC in there.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Gavel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:07 am

What's instagibbing you? I wouldn't recommend any tank tank more than 2 aboms, and not more than 1 if they're tanking all the ghouls/spiders too.

Free Action Potions give you 30 seconds of immunity to the abom's knockdown. Kinda hax.
Gavel

Postby Xandin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:36 am

Gavel wrote:Free Action Potions give you 30 seconds of immunity to the abom's knockdown. Kinda hax.

Did not know this, thanks for the tip.
Xandin

Postby Oramac » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Gavel wrote:What's instagibbing you? I wouldn't recommend any tank tank more than 2 aboms, and not more than 1 if they're tanking all the ghouls/spiders too.

Free Action Potions give you 30 seconds of immunity to the abom's knockdown. Kinda hax.

on some of the heavier waves (couple aboms, spiders, necros, ghouls, etc.) i'd HW at the front and would pretty much get smoked in about 5-8 seconds. we sorta fixed this by having the healers preload huge heals until the warrs could taunt an abom or 3 off me, but sometimes i'd still just die.

as for the NPCs, i am sad to hear i cant taunt off em. oh well. one less thing to worry bout i suppose.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Ankh » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:32 am

1-2 aboms and all the lil trash is good for me. 1 abom and all trash is enough for mana.
I try to get anything not on the other tanks :)
Ankh

Postby farmerjohn » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:50 am

Wait, wasn't our taunt fixed to be able to taunt off of NPC's? Or was I smoking something with the patch was released?
I'll need an unlimited supply of Xena tapes and Hotpockets
farmerjohn

Postby Lore » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:07 am

Necro'd thread is necro'd.

Although we appreciate the use of the search function or checking older posts, please try to avoid bringing up threads with old information that is no longer correct, as it has a nasty tendency to spread false rumors.

Locked thread is locked.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Mt. Hyjal