The 6th wave of Azgalor Trashs

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

The 6th wave of Azgalor Trashs

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:03 pm

Even if we menaged to pass this waves already a couple of times, we still wiped on it many times because of me dying, so i'm going to ask.

Actually i've gathered up some SR gear (greenies mostly, not yet crafted BT SR gear) for 207 SR unbuffed and like 13k HP raidbuffed. I actually let them aggro me, run throught them, AoE silence and then consecrate and call fo AoE.

The issues i've faced where:
1) Me dying for too many unresisted nukes at same time
2) Mobs aggroing a healer instead of me
3) Me running out of range while trying to get to them to AoE silence, and thus dying from no heals

The "working tactic" we used now is me standing ahead, i get aggro, then a paladin bubbles, runs to them and uses his Arcane Torrent. The issue is that if his bubble expires before they are to me he always dies since they nuke him.

Is there a safer way to do this pack than sacrificing one of our Healadins?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:26 pm

Spell-reflect all initial damage, spellreflect charge is not eaten by multiple shadowbolts, then start catching mobs. Reflected damage will make enough threat to allow incoming heals.

positioning upon pull should be like this to avoid proximity aggro of healers:

,,, ^. .^,,, incoming wave
|
|
(Warrior with reflect)
(you+grounding totem) (NPC's)
|
(raid)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Lansky » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:34 pm

Yup exactly what Florina says. Spell reflect is amazing. Our MT just runs in with standard gearset and reflects. We tend to sheep a few necros and then casters kill the necros while physical dps kills banshees. Our first few times we blew Bloodlusts and other CD's on this wave until we had a clean strat we liked since this wave is harder than Azgalor.
Lansky

Postby Atreidies » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:04 pm

I used to use SR for that wave, but I was capped in SR and sitting at close to 17k HP and I still got very close to dying alot. If you don't do it already, on earlier waves for Winterchill/Anetheron trash with 4 Necros I run up to meet them, bubble just as Shadowbolts cast Holy Wrath and click off DS and voila, everything on me but necros, just do the same and either tank it all with SR or allow time for sheep/fears on the necros. At any rate, I do not really recommend that strat as it's very volatile even with capped SR, just have a warlock perma-banish a felhunter after someone drags the Tauren over to beat down the pack, perma-banish = felhunter doesn't die = Tauren don't leave = 6 Necro 6 Banshee pack perma-stunned for your AoE pleasure.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Gerilith » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:22 am

The only thing I do at wave six is a holy wrath at the beginning for initial aggro to the banshees, threat on the banshees whenever anti-magic shield is down and taunting + judging nekros from time to time.

It is the only wave a paladin tank can't do that much...it is more about focus damage and ccing the rest with fear + sheep + shackle imo.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Afraithe » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:25 am

I leave this wave to the Warriors, and swing away with Nightfall.
Afraithe

Postby Cakes » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:37 pm

Here's an extremely easymode way of doing this wave.

Step 1) Banish a felstalker in wave 5.
Step 2) Kite other mobs around from wave 5 to bring taurens to the front gate.
Step 3) Keep felstalker banished until wave 6 comes.
Step 4) Watch wave 6 get decimated and stunlocked to death.
Cakes

Postby Xandin » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:20 pm

Cakes wrote:Here's an extremely easymode way of doing this wave.

This is exactly what we do. It works flawlessly every single time.
Xandin

Postby Afraithe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:36 am

We use the Reflect thingy with our Warrior MT, his reflects make him hold aggro on all the mobs the entire fight, I can't even taunt a mob off him. In this phase, I put on Nightfall and swing away at the non-magic immune mobs so they go down a bit faster, I throw in a Taunt every now and then or a BoP on some unlucky caster.
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:39 am

Atm we have found another working tactic, we send in a kamikaze pet so he gets all the first shadowbolts and i run in, aoesilence consecrate and such. As backup we have the 2 warriors with spellreflect active right in front of the raid, "just in case".
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:33 am

Xandin wrote:
Cakes wrote:Here's an extremely easymode way of doing this wave.

This is exactly what we do. It works flawlessly every single time.

Same here. Works wonders.

I usually go get a new drink or something during this wave.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby rozakk » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:05 pm

this may be an example of trying too hard to ae everything. this is the one wave i basically dont do anything. we've never had an issue on this wave (our main problem waves seem to be heavy abom waves), as almost every mob gets cc'd, either shackled/feared/sheeped/ot'd. i'll taunt/exorc whenever its up, fear banshees when i can, stun a loose mob. none of these mobs have many hps and end up getting ff'd down pretty quick. usually i wait by the tauren warrs to intercept any casters that leak thru to them, because atleast with us, those necros and banshees have decimated the tauren warrs with nukes when they got loose to them before (still cast too much between stuns). we may have a mob or 2 up when next wave is inc, but i believe the next wave is mostly ae trash that i pick up so its not a big deal cleanin up the round before.
rozakk

Postby Enkal » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:34 am

I just ask a shaman to place some totems infront of me before that wave. One totem will be obliterated by 6 shadowbolts. ;) By that time CC should have set in and all is good. 8)
Last edited by Enkal on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enkal

Postby Hiroko » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:37 am

Paladins in the raid stand on the front line.

Wait for mobs to start casting, and bubble.

Turn undead on a banshee, stun a necro or a different banshee.

Sheep, shackle, and focus dps.

Individual damage from the mobs isn't bad, the trouble comes when someone gets focus-fired, usually on the start of the wave.

We haven't crafted SR gear yet so can't take advantage of that - involving the taurens sounds like a good idea though, might try that next time.
Hiroko

Postby Lakirby » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:56 am

For us - warrior goes in with spellreflect, CC as many as we can (sheep necros, paladins/warlocks fear banshees etc) - apart from using Turn Evil nearly every time it's up I just scratch my arse for this wave. Nice to get a bit of a breather tbh :)
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal