Hyjali trashs

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Warrender » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:08 am

Yeah, I had left my ALD in the bank thinking I didn't need it so my choices when my Hardened Heart broke were:

1) Crest of Sha'tar I regemmed with resist gems
2) Petrified Lichen Guard
3) Bastion of Light

In hindsight, I should've gone for the PLG just because it would've been cool but I opted to go with the Bastion for the harder trash mobs in the Horde camp.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Tekkel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:04 pm

Anyone knows if there's any trash that can crush there? Just wondering because I wanted to swap in the blessings card but dropping 1% below uncrush then.
Tekkel

Postby Dorvan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:08 pm

No, it cannot. Unless you specifically hear otherwise, it is safe to assume that any trash below level 73 cannot crush.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Asterix » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:34 am

Does anyone know if Blessing of Freedom will keep you from being knocked down when fighting the aboms? Sometimes we kill the trash too fast and my potion timer isn't up yet for a free action pot. If I can yell for a pally to freedom me before the trash hits that'll give me another tool to use.
Asterix

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:03 am

Doesnt help.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tekkel » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:06 am

Aye, I only use the faps on the bigger abbo waves or when start on offtanks. Pretty much a needed consumeable on the waves of 6 abbo's but that's it.
Tekkel

Postby Base » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:07 am

On the 6 abbo waves we have a no aoe rule - have our warrior/Me/2 ferals grab one each and shackle 2. Melee handle the necromancers/banshees

Everything gets single targetted (except certain pulls where we aoe towards the end. The risks of consecrate grabbing 4 abbos leading to an instagibb is a bit too high for my liking.
Base

Postby sanctifico » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:55 am

Meh, i was tanking full waves with 16kraidbuffed and 15k buffed armour (blue sheild + green belt etc) You just have your other tank(s) taunt an abomb or two off you and keep them in the AoE, warriors and Druids should have no problem keeping one or two each.
The lowest ive been on any wave (when not getting shadowbolted on the pull) is about 50% with druid + priest hots and an earth shield (occasional HL from a paladin)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Tekkel » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:28 am

hmm wtb your healers.
I generally get 2 pallies assigned to keep me alive but on a knockdown with 2 abbo's and the rest of the wave on u and not dropping more then 8k hp sounds pretty impossible to me as the last knockdown I checked where my healers weren't awake enough was 19k damage in 5 seconds.
Tekkel

Postby sanctifico » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:31 am

19k in 5seconds is easily outhealable by a pair of paladins. (non crit HL is 5k on a 2second cast so the are slacking/using fol (WIPE CAUSING FOL.... man i hate people using fol on tanks :p)

You should have 6-8healers in the raid
A few pointers

Have 1 or 2 abombs taunted off you by the other tanks. (One healer should be easily able to heal both of these tanks)

Ask your raidleader to assign Druid + Priest Hots + PW;Shield + Earth Sheild on you (it helps a load Hots + Earth shield is ~1500 hps + shield which is 2000+ dmg that you never take.))

I usually have 4healers on me and announce on vent if im stunned.

If you want to avoid knockback entirley , ask the guild to sponsor you some Free action potions, pop one once you have agro, and you wont get knockdown for 25secs, so you'll take stable damage.
when the effects about to run out, yell out for some spammage, and get those big heals landing in time for the stuns.

Our tanks go afk for trash now, heck i sit and watch videos on youtube while hitting consecrate > holy shield. rince n repeat.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Tekkel » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:48 am

Aye I found out that using fap's actually makes my healers lazy so I only use them on the real heavy abbo waves. I never get anything assigned but 2 pally healers and they're supposed to keep me up. See the usual hots incoming now and then and loads of spam when I drop low but after 4 weeks they finally figured that a dead pally tank equals restart of waves and 10-20 minutes time wasted and seem to heal me better.

I know 19k in 5 sec is outhealable by 2 paladins. They just didn't cast anything but fol. And I generally don't have more then 1-2 aboms on me.

Earth shield :) Wish we had more shaman healers again. Kicked 2 from the guild for general slackage and the other 1 has a hard time being around on the day we do MH.

And yes I farm my own faps with donations now and then. 5 faps a week only takes 30-40 min to fix.
Tekkel

Postby Tiandelin » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:42 am

Tekkel wrote:Aye I found out that using fap's actually makes my healers lazy so I only use them on the real heavy abbo waves. I never get anything assigned but 2 pally healers and they're supposed to keep me up. See the usual hots incoming now and then and loads of spam when I drop low but after 4 weeks they finally figured that a dead pally tank equals restart of waves and 10-20 minutes time wasted and seem to heal me better.

Heh, same here. I only go through a single stack each week now, using them on waves that have 4+ aboms along with ghouls/spiders. We also have a disc priest with pain suppression just in case, which helps on the pure caster wave too.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal