Remove Advertisements

Hyjali trashs

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:24 am

Yeah, my shield broke two weeks in a row during the middle of Azgalor trash, I had to get a repair bot mid-tanking Aboms and fix it...that was interesting to say the least...and just today we were about to start Kaz'rogal trash and the paladin who drops the bots asked me how my shield was doing and I was like..."oh hey...whatdya know, it's at 2%" :P

whoops
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Dragonzbane » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:47 am

Jensaarai wrote:Yeah, my shield broke two weeks in a row during the middle of Azgalor trash

That's about when mine tends to break if I die once during the night.
Then I switch from my Amani Bulwark to my ALD, I'm glad I always have 3 shields on me at all times.
Dragonzbane

Postby Dianora » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Dragonzbane wrote:
Jensaarai wrote:Yeah, my shield broke two weeks in a row during the middle of Azgalor trash

That's about when mine tends to break if I die once during the night.
Then I switch from my Amani Bulwark to my ALD, I'm glad I always have 3 shields on me at all times.

Don't have [item=28825]Aldori Legacy Defender[/item], and doubt if I'll ever get one now that we've stop running anything except MH/BT. I always run around with [item=33326]Bulwark of the Amani Empire[/item] for normal tanking, [item=33332]Enamelled Disc of Mojo[/item] for spell damage and healing, [item=25828]Petrified Lichen Guard[/item] for farming. I'll bring along [item=28606]Shield of Impenetrable Darkness[/item] tonight when we do Azgalor.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Dorvan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:27 pm

Yeah, as I mentioned in the trash gear post, I've been extra careful to carry two shields at all times in Hyjal ever since the Tmie I ended up havign to tank the last half of Azgalor waves + Dommguards for Azgalor with the [item=22819]Kel'thuzad healing shield[/item] :P

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Aetherial » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Yeah, I usually end up having to DI someone and go out to fix my shield right after Kaz'rogal.

4pc Tier 6 is ridiculous in Hyjal. Our AOE hates doing Hyjal on nights when I can't be there :)

BTW, the Blessings Deck is amazing for Hyjal. 1 Consecrate will get you fully stacked on the buff, so you'll always have the +80 spelldamage. Your DPS will love you.
Aetherial

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Actually this week my shield menaged to survive.

Well i cheated, i used Illidari Runeshield for first 2 bosses, then switched to KazRogal's one <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tekkel » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:43 am

Hmm weird, if we do a good run with 4 takedowns without wipes my shield doesn't seem to break. Maybe I got too many offtanks :)
3 usually.
Tekkel

Postby Dorvan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:06 am

Tekkel wrote:Hmm weird, if we do a good run with 4 takedowns without wipes my shield doesn't seem to break. Maybe I got too many offtanks :)
3 usually.

Well, with 0 wipes my shield usually isn't broken, it's just in the sub-20% range....it's a single wipe that will put me over the edge.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:44 am

Tekkel wrote:Hmm weird, if we do a good run with 4 takedowns without wipes my shield doesn't seem to break. Maybe I got too many offtanks :)
3 usually.

:P yeah, I run with a warrior and a druid, and, except for the abom waves, the druid is DPSing :)
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Lakirby » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:52 am

Our first time in Hyjal last night, we went with 17 straight after our first ever Kael kill - managed to take almost half durability off my Aldori Legacy Defender on Rage Winterchill trash... I actually don't own a Nightbane or Jan'alai shield, gotta get my butt into Karazhan this week if I don't want to end up someday having to use my Triptych Shield of the Ancients for tanking!
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Warrender » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:03 am

Lakirby wrote:Our first time in Hyjal last night, we went with 17 straight after our first ever Kael kill - managed to take almost half durability off my Aldori Legacy Defender on Rage Winterchill trash... I actually don't own a Nightbane or Jan'alai shield, gotta get my butt into Karazhan this week if I don't want to end up someday having to use my Triptych Shield of the Ancients for tanking!

I consider it a rite of passage for every tankadin doing MH when they have to switch to a healing shield to tank with. :P
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Asterix » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:06 am

Dorvan wrote:
3 usually.

Well, with 0 wipes my shield usually isn't broken, it's just in the sub-20% range....it's a single wipe that will put me over the edge.

With a flawless run on the first 4 bosses my ZA shield will be sitting around 10/120 durability. This is with over 40% block rating and around 800 block value. A single wipe will require me to repair though. But I've got plenty of spares... either the PLG or the spell dmg shield from Nightbane can work fine in a pinch.
Asterix

Postby QuantumDelta » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:10 am

My shield on a good clear tends to survive these days too, on a bad clear I can actually go through -> MGSW -> ALD -> NB SD Shield -> Chess Chest Healing Shield.
Depending on how long and how much of a wave I'm left tanking.

The worst mobs for your shield is the spiders by the way!
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Morganim » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:26 am

Warrender wrote:
Lakirby wrote:Our first time in Hyjal last night, we went with 17 straight after our first ever Kael kill - managed to take almost half durability off my Aldori Legacy Defender on Rage Winterchill trash... I actually don't own a Nightbane or Jan'alai shield, gotta get my butt into Karazhan this week if I don't want to end up someday having to use my Triptych Shield of the Ancients for tanking!

I consider it a rite of passage for every tankadin doing MH when they have to switch to a healing shield to tank with. :P

lol my first MH run was right after a kael kill.
Funny enough i had left my chess shield, nightbane shield in the bank and had to tank some of anethron trash with no shield :roll:

These days due to lazyness of not cleaning bags out (found t4 gloves the other day lol) i have chess healing, za healing, NB tanking, za tanking, runeshield and bulwark ><
Morganim

Postby Drak » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:05 am

Weird, I've never once had to change my shields in Hyjal. Even on nights where we one-shot everything we have 3-4 people who are engineers and carry repair bots with them all the time (me being one of them), so while I've gotten close to breaking my shield (10-20% durability remaining), I've never had to switch mid-fight. Though I still carry my Nightbane/Gruul shields with me just in case, heh.
Drak

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal