Hyjali trashs

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby fiorina » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:13 pm

PsiVen wrote:With the number of things I tank in the late Orc Camp waves, one Abom stun will usually kill me in 2 seconds. Telling your healers to deal with it is pretty silly when you can just not bite off more than you can chew... There are a few waves where I take say half a dozen ghouls and one Abom, but more often there are a few Aboms and a whole lotta ghouls/fiends/hounds that like to rip my face off if someone doesn't get the Aboms off me.

No it's not silly. If you can tank rage waves alone again and again during farming, there is no reason why not to tank 2 abomis on later waves which are rather easier from physical dmg point of view.
If they kill you in 2 seconds it doesn't mean noone else should try it.
More block rating, block value, stamina, tons of armor etc., some people enjoy so called "permormance driven gameplay" :)
But ye, if you want to be average just get 1 abomi and half-dozen of ghouls, it will work great.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Aalryn » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:33 pm

fiorina wrote:
No it's not silly. If you can tank rage waves alone again and again during farming, there is no reason why not to tank 2 abomis on later waves which are rather easier from physical dmg point of view.

I agree. I have found tanking two aboms to be no problem. Three however is next to instant death and find myself having to do a quick shield/cancel out of a knockdown to keep myself alive :(.

From my experience in hyjal, I have found that agro is never a problem, but staying alive when i accidentally pull too much (aka get too much on me from my initial holy wrath) can be. This is one reason I switched to a pure mitigation weapon, The Unbreakable Will or The Brutalizer as I have both. I also began a few weeks ago Judging and sealing light. WWS shows that Seal of light procs are healing me for about 90k damage through all the trash packs with additional healing from judgement of light, So it's definitely a significant amount of extra healing on those packs.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Lansky » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:22 pm

fiorina wrote:But ye, if you want to be average just get 1 abomi and half-dozen of ghouls, it will work great.

How much trash can you tank while getting stunned has a direct correlation to e-peen values!

C'mon are we really making backhanded comments and jabs at eachother over Hyjal trash? Currently when doing Hyjal trash after Inspiration procs I push 20k health, 73% armor reduction, and a laundry list of "look at how good my gear is" stats. Grats me on farming T6 level content for a while. I still do not enjoy tanking multiple Aboms as I have no need to. There are clearly two distinc opinions in the thread and seeing as how the large majority of the vocal paladins have been clearing Hyjal for a fair amount of time now I'd say neither is right nor wrong and both views can work.
Lansky

Postby fiorina » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:31 pm

Lansky wrote:
fiorina wrote:But ye, if you want to be average just get 1 abomi and half-dozen of ghouls, it will work great.

How much trash can you tank while getting stunned has a direct correlation to e-peen values!

C'mon are we really making backhanded comments and jabs at eachother over Hyjal trash?

I was just responding to comment which stated such behaving as a "silly". I found it funny to try instead and as it's far far from random I put my 2 cents into discussion so others people can try also. Do what you want.. you pay, you play :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Afraithe » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:20 am

fiorina wrote:No it's not silly. If you can tank rage waves alone again and again during farming, there is no reason why not to tank 2 abomis on later waves which are rather easier from physical dmg point of view.
More block rating, block value, stamina, tons of armor etc., some people enjoy so called "permormance driven gameplay" :)
But ye, if you want to be average just get 1 abomi and half-dozen of ghouls, it will work great.

Uh, block rating, block value will count as NOTHING when you are stunned, armor and stamina yes, but the spike damage you will get from tanking 8+ "normal" mobs and 3-4 abominations is enough to kill you 4 times over when stunned.
Afraithe

Postby fiorina » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:10 pm

Afraithe wrote:Uh, block rating, block value will count as NOTHING when you are stunned, armor and stamina yes, but the spike damage you will get from tanking 8+ "normal" mobs and 3-4 abominations is enough to kill you 4 times over when stunned.

You mix two things, block rating has no effect while stunned that's true.
But statement that you'd get killed 4 times is just your opinion, my experience for example is totally opposite :)
As I wrote, let everyone try and find what suit's better for him.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Afraithe » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:10 pm

So you are saying first-timers should try to tank it all? Is that your idea of good advice?

Make a movie then and lets see how many Abominations you normally tank.
Afraithe

Postby Levantine » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:01 pm

OVER NINE THOUSAND!
Levantine

Postby Neganur » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:26 am

Levantine wrote:OVER NINE THOUSAND!

after reading this thread very carefully and having deep thoughts about block value, parry and armor value and how I was gonna prepare for the first time tanking trash (holy pally, slowly getting my kit as the tanks dont need the drops anymore)
this one truly made me fall off my chair, tears in my eyes

yarr over nine thousaaaaaand ! :D
Neganur

Postby Gerilith » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:29 am

After some time to adapt the new way of tanking by the healers, tanking (at least very often) all small mobs plus 1-2 abos works fine for us. The more mobs you are tanking, the better the healing is concentrated on you and is able to heal the knockdowns without any problems.

But more than 2 abos...I dunno....the damage of knockdown itself (perhaps 3 within a very short time) together with ongoing hits...dangerous.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Neuron » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:10 am

This is when I pop Lay on Hands lol. I prefer not to tank the abombs as well. Way, way, way too much stress on the healers, regardless of gear. Even in full BT/Hyjal gear, tanking the abombs is bad. Primarily just because of the stun.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby fiorina » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:15 pm

Afraithe wrote:So you are saying first-timers should try to tank it all? Is that your idea of good advice?

Make a movie then and lets see how many Abominations you normally tank.

I love people reading just last post. I also wrote few posts above:
At the beginning take 2, then 3 and so on. Inspiration, ancestral shaman thingy, defense pot, ironshield helps a lot.

Well, we farm all 8 waves with 12-15 people for reputation, I tank all mobs, I can make a video for you next time. I am not saying people should do this from the beginning as many posters here are trying to convince me :)
All I am trying to say, that there should be no extra worries about knockback, it's not an instant death, if healers are aware and gear is tuned for it, there is no random element in that.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Afraithe » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:50 am

The first 8 waves hardly has any Abominations, I tank that in my T4 set for max threat, later waves have much more mixed groups with Abominations, Felstalkers, Ghouls and them spidery looking things.
Afraithe

Postby fiorina » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:24 pm

Afraithe wrote:The first 8 waves hardly has any Abominations,

There is 6 abomination in one wave, there is no other wave AFAIK with more abominations
Try to get your facts straight at least...
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:42 pm

The wave with 6 aboms is for me the hardes one of that group.

I'm now tanking 4 of them, FAP win :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal