Remove Advertisements

Azgalor

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Devilheals » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:01 am

Drak wrote:
Lieris wrote:
Enkal wrote:If you tank the doomguards 100y away, will you still be able to get to the loot or do you have to run back before Azgalor dies?

Just hang around at the start and cast exorcism on Azgalor once your MT has aggro then move to your doomguard spot. That's all you need to get on his aggro list for loot.

Yeah, I forgot to do this last week and missed T6 gloves (was my turn to get them :\).

Heh yea I forgot to do that 2 weeks ago and wasn't on the list but I got them tonight, yay 2pc t6.
Devilheals

Postby Enkal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:39 am

Did our first couple of tries on him last night:
wave 1: Enkal goes poof because of sleeping healers, caused 2 or 3 wipes there. One of the wipes because one of my healers family started tome heavy downloading just then lol

On Azgalor: ppl with doom not running to the correct spot... got the boss to 55% or so on the first try.. went downhill after that. :(

We did have a problem with the taurens aggroing Azgalor even tho I tried to pull the doomguards as far back as I could... our warrior didnt of course.. :(
Enkal

Postby Devilheals » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:52 am

If your on doomguards just stand back with the taurens and have the doomed person run to you and stand on your consecrate. This prevents the taurens aggroing onto azgalor and also keeps you and your healers out of doom range.
Devilheals

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:00 am

We had too many problems with NPCs stealing aggro on Azgalor on the pull so we just tank him at the entrance to the camp. We have two tanks (I've done it with both a druid and a warrior) picking up doomguards (this is essential IMO, if you're silenced or war stomped when doom breaks that's a loose doomguard) in between the tauren camp and Thrall so both sets of NPCs can kill them (they will kill the doomguard before the next one comes up).

On our first night of tries (including the clear up to him) we got him to 2% then the following night we one shot him (and then the reset after we one shot him again). This method gives us a lot of control especially as ranged DPS can't get ROF.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby nicolax » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:19 am

our 1-shoot tactic of Azgalor every week :

- druid tank azgalor at thrall spot, turn him away from thrall so npcs don't get cleaved

- myself and a warrior on doomguards duty near tauren warriors

- melee dps except rogues on doomguards dps. If you have good melee players that knows how to run away from rain of fire, they can stay on Azgalor

- all players affected by doom run to doomguards tanks and get soulstoned asap or battle raised after dying

- 8 healers total for mount hyjal (i like the combo, 2 druids, 2 pala, 2 priests, 2 shaman)

- no need to stay 100 yards away from Azgalor, you can't get the doomguards because of silence ? your rage user co-tank can do it.

- always have a druid or warrior co-tank so they can taunt mobs off the taurens npcs. give 2.4 !
nicolax

Postby Enkal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:09 am

nicolax wrote:our 1-shoot tactic of Azgalor every week :

- druid tank azgalor at thrall spot, turn him away from thrall so npcs don't get cleaved

- melee dps except rogues on doomguards dps. If you have good melee players that knows how to run away from rain of fire, they can stay on Azgalor

- all players affected by doom run to doomguards tanks and get soulstoned asap or battle raised after dying

- 8 healers total for mount hyjal (i like the combo, 2 druids, 2 pala, 2 priests, 2 shaman)

- no need to stay 100 yards away from Azgalor, you can't get the doomguards because of silence ? your rage user co-tank can do it.

- always have a druid or warrior co-tank so they can taunt mobs off the taurens npcs. give 2.4 !

This was about how we were doing it, still we lost dps to RoF and our druid tank did go down because of silences. :(
Enkal

Postby Questioner » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:45 am

nicolax wrote:- no need to stay 100 yards away from Azgalor, you can't get the doomguards because of silence ? your rage user co-tank can do it.

The reason for being 100 yards away is not the silence...it is so you don't get doomed yourself.

I do like to use two tanks the doomguards, we use a feral and myself. The feral is nice because if something goes wrong he can travel form and pick up one at range, than I can range taunt it back. For example last night I was already tanking one and got warstomped, at the same time a healer didn't notice he was doomed and didn't run to the spot. Druid went and picked it up.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:34 am

Enkal wrote:
nicolax wrote:our 1-shoot tactic of Azgalor every week :

This was about how we were doing it, still we lost dps to RoF and our druid tank did go down because of silences. :(

Only melee DPS can possibly die to ROF, if ranged DPS stand at max range they are safe from it.

Assuming 7 healers, one of which is healing the doomguard tanks that leaves you with 6 just for healing the MT and the melee. DPS only die if they suck on this fight (or they get doomed :P).
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Enkal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:37 am

Lieris wrote:Only melee DPS can possibly die to ROF, if ranged DPS stand at max range they are safe from it.

Assuming 7 healers, one of which is healing the doomguard tanks that leaves you with 6 just for healing the MT and the melee. DPS only die if they suck on this fight.

Last try the RoF hit in a way that almost killed 4 healers and 3 ranged dps, dunno what they were up to tbh. :?

In fights where I can tank at a distance and watch what DPS and healers are doing I sometimes want to do /slashwrist
Enkal

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:24 am

Enkal wrote:
Lieris wrote:Only melee DPS can possibly die to ROF, if ranged DPS stand at max range they are safe from it.

Assuming 7 healers, one of which is healing the doomguard tanks that leaves you with 6 just for healing the MT and the melee. DPS only die if they suck on this fight.

Last try the RoF hit in a way that almost killed 4 healers and 3 ranged dps, dunno what they were up to tbh. :?

In fights where I can tank at a distance and watch what DPS and healers are doing I sometimes want to do /slashwrist

All it takes is one person to move into ROF range to suddenly get a bunch of other people in the AOE.

I hear you on dopey DPS and healers when you can watch their movements like that, what's worse though is DPS whores. Our ranged officer (a warlock) was refusing to have warlocks soulstone people during the fight who got doomed because it nerfed their DPS uptime so he wanted to just SS the MT healers before we started the trash waves.

That wilful sabotage of raid efforts for personal e-peening is worse than any silly lapse in concentration. Quite OT but I had to share what a dickhead that man is!
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Loganb1104 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:50 am

Our ranged officer (a warlock) was refusing to have warlocks soulstone people during the fight who got doomed because it nerfed their DPS uptime so he wanted to just SS the MT healers before we started the trash waves.

Wow. Ranged DPS unwilling to sacrifice their damage to ensure raid/personal survivability? Have fun failing horribly on Archimonde... at least until your warlock officer gets his priorities straight.

I feel for you, man. I do.
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby Dianora » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:09 pm

Questioner wrote:
nicolax wrote:- no need to stay 100 yards away from Azgalor, you can't get the doomguards because of silence ? your rage user co-tank can do it.

The reason for being 100 yards away is not the silence...it is so you don't get doomed yourself.

I do like to use two tanks the doomguards, we use a feral and myself. The feral is nice because if something goes wrong he can travel form and pick up one at range, than I can range taunt it back. For example last night I was already tanking one and got warstomped, at the same time a healer didn't notice he was doomed and didn't run to the spot. Druid went and picked it up.

Found something odd last night. It is very difficult for me to get doomguard back after the tauren got the aggro, which is about 60% of the time. Until 2.4, I can't taunt a mob off a friendly npc, so I end up being the glorified doomguard catcher, grabbing them so they don't run towards the range dps, and let my other tanks deal with the actual doomguard.

Also last week, I actually win the bid for the gloves, but because I was a bit too concentrated on doing the doomguard, I evidently didn't get on the boss's aggro table. This week, just to make sure, I click off RF and zap the boss just as he was being dragged towards Thrall. And I was able to loot the corpse.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Tiandelin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Dianora wrote:Also last week, I actually win the bid for the gloves, but because I was a bit too concentrated on doing the doomguard, I evidently didn't get on the boss's aggro table. This week, just to make sure, I click off RF and zap the boss just as he was being dragged towards Thrall. And I was able to loot the corpse.

Same thing happened to me last week, gloves and all. Fortunately, a GM was able to get them to me a few days later. But yes, giving him a smack at the beginning seems to prevent that from happening.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Dianora » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:01 pm

Tiandelin wrote:
Dianora wrote:Also last week, I actually win the bid for the gloves, but because I was a bit too concentrated on doing the doomguard, I evidently didn't get on the boss's aggro table. This week, just to make sure, I click off RF and zap the boss just as he was being dragged towards Thrall. And I was able to loot the corpse.

Same thing happened to me last week, gloves and all. Fortunately, a GM was able to get them to me a few days later. But yes, giving him a smack at the beginning seems to prevent that from happening.

It was a close bid for the glove. So in my case, I just let the runner up go for the glove, thinking correctly that it'll drop sooner than later.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby YoYoMa » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:49 pm

Do you pick up adds similar to how you pick them up on Anetheron? I just had a macro /target [mob name] /cast exorcism. or taunt whatever.

oh and can he cast doom on pets or snakes? Just curious :)
YoYoMa

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal