Azgalor

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Rhî » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:20 am

Again the question. Is there any Paladin, who successfully has tanked Azgalor?
Rhî

Postby Mithos » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:25 am

I will probably be allowed to try in 2.3 when I have extra HP, atm I'm still in half kara gear so it probably wouldn't be practical. Saying that I tanked gorefiend to 40% but then ghosts messed up and we wiped anyway. Seeing as he can't crush the silence isn't too much of a problem (like it is on Gruul). As he's a demon maybe TPS would be better allowing for a faster kill, which would be very nice, you coud bag a 2nd paladin and have Dev and Imp conc aura up.
Mithos

Postby Lore » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:11 am

You would need 2 paladin tanks for it to be effective to have one on Azgalor, imo, because we're so good at picking up the doomguards when someone can't get all the way over.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:42 am

Druids are pretty good at it aswell, feral charge/faerie fire.. or moonfire, and not as affected by silence as us.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:43 pm

Bumping for a question:

Do healers require to have SR? If yes, how much?
A friend of mine (elem shaman) told me that he wears his full SR gear and he get almost no silences at all, and most guides say they should have some, but i couldn't find a quantity to consider "enough" to guarantee that at least 1 healer is not silenced.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:35 pm

Our healers wear the cloak and neck.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby fiorina » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:10 am

Worldie wrote:Bumping for a question:

A friend of mine (elem shaman) told me that he wears his full SR gear and he get almost no silences at all, and most guides say they should have some, but i couldn't find a quantity to consider "enough" to guarantee that at least 1 healer is not silenced.

well, it was doable without SR... remember Maexxna?
Some our healers wear full, some of them just some SR, maybe as they feel.
Improved Conc aura helps a lot.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Lansky » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:35 am

Worldie wrote:Bumping for a question:

When we were first doing it most of our healers wore none. Now they tend to use neck and/or cloak depending on how they feel. It is entirely doable with no SR on in the whole raid, especially if you shadow buff everyone during the last wave of trash.
Lansky

Postby fiorina » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:48 pm

Rhî wrote:Again the question. Is there any Paladin, who successfully has tanked Azgalor?

if you not insist on progression kill, then yes, same for Kazrogal(a bit mana starvation due to overgearing, but no major issues)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhî » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:29 am

fiorina wrote:
Rhî wrote:Again the question. Is there any Paladin, who successfully has tanked Azgalor?

if you not insist on progression kill, then yes, same for Kazrogal(a bit mana starvation due to overgearing, but no major issues)

No, i don't really care about Progression kills.

I just wanted to know if there are any paladins with more support from their raidgroup. I'm not allowed to tank him just only one time, although my gear is equal to our warriors (we are all on the same itemlevel), because of Silence, Last Stand, Shieldwall and worse Mitigation/HP by talents.

How is your strategy to tank him? Have you gotten any feedback from your healers? How do you survive the silence? Is your threat good? etc.
Rhî

Postby fiorina » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:44 am

Rhî wrote:How is your strategy to tank him? Have you gotten any feedback from your healers? How do you survive the silence? Is your threat good? etc.

No concerns seriously. For silence, it's timed, most of our spells are on long cooldown, so use them before silence and noone will notice. If someone have improved concecration aura, it helps a lot.

Paladins are great at tanking doomguards also, no need to rush for MT at all costs. (Just make sure you attack him at least once and be around during kill to get a loot)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:42 pm

I've also noticed that it's adviseable to already have consecration when Doom is ticking off, one of our healers didnt like me getting Silenced exactly when the doomguard spawned :X
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gerilith » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:40 am

Worldie wrote:I've also noticed that it's adviseable to already have consecration when Doom is ticking off, one of our healers didnt like me getting Silenced exactly when the doomguard spawned :X

Right, cons is a great help. But you could also try to get the doom position out of the range of silence. :wink:
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Rhî » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:57 am

Gerilith wrote:
Worldie wrote:I've also noticed that it's adviseable to already have consecration when Doom is ticking off, one of our healers didnt like me getting Silenced exactly when the doomguard spawned :X

Right, cons is a great help. But you could also try to get the doom position out of the range of silence. :wink:

Silence = 50.000y Range. Well. Good luck, Roadrunner. :P
Rhî

Postby Gerilith » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:01 am

Erm...it was 100y once, I'm pretty sure.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal