Remove Advertisements

Mt. Hyjal - Anetheron

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Mt. Hyjal - Anetheron

Postby Dreamcrusher » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:27 pm

We seemed to be short on healers for this fight (strats say 8-9 healers) so I'm switching to healing gear after the last trash wave...

Any pallies actually tank on this fight? Are there any pros to using a pally over a warrior for the infernals?

Thx in advance for the insight.
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Lore » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:36 pm

I tank infernals now that my FR gear is in order. We can pick them up easily from range via Exorcism and Avenger's Shield.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lynk » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:39 pm

I just use exorcism to pull them over to the FR tanks. We had too many tanks, because Lynk is my alt, and we're gearing him up so that he can be a main :P

It's much safer for a pally to pull them to an FR tank, or pull it to themselves, than it is to use a hunter.
Lynk

Postby Cakes » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:03 pm

I also tank the infernals on this fight, but we use different positioning than many of the boss guides that you see. We decided that the best spot was about 5-10 yards behind the melee, and aside from issues with dragging an infernal through the raid, there are some great benefits to this spot. First, you have more healers in easy reach of you. The infernals do hit pretty hard (especially with low FR, which I don't recommend), so having 1-2 healers healing you outside of the range of carrion swarm isn't always that feasible.
Second, it makes it easy for the range to hit your target. They don't have to clump at the back of the raid and provide a more condensed target for carrion swarm, so it helps everyone.

I typically do Exorcism and JoR, then tell my ranged to unleash hell on the infernal. Since dps can begin so quickly on it, it typically dies about 8-10 seconds before the cooldown on infernal is back up, which leads to much faster kills.

Edit: Forgot to mention that our first kill we had 7 healers there and we very close to calling the raid after wiping twice at around 50%. We switched positioning and had a smooth-as-silk kill on our next pull.
Cakes

Postby enbee » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:46 am

I tank infernals on this fight without fr gear and 1 paladin healing me, all ranged dps burn it then go back to the boss, then I get in position to pick up a new one, rinse repeat till boss drops
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Afraithe » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:47 am

I usually just pick them up on this fight and bring them to the FR tank.
Afraithe

Postby Mateo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:49 am

I've been tanking the infernals myself with about 200 FR before Aura and I was getting nothing, but 75% resists last tuesday in Hyjal. I'd wear more FR, but I need the threat to allow ranged to kill the Infernal before the next one spawns. We usually only have 3 tanks, (MT, myself, and either our Feral tank, or one of our Fury Warriors) so that forces me to tank the Infernals solo, but if I had a choice, I'd probably let a Warrior do that and put my healing gear on; my lolhealing would probably be a bit better than a Warrior's loldevastate spam.

We use 6-7 healers for learning fights and I didn't notice anyone OOM, or uncomfortable while healing that particular fight.

Our advantage is that we'll obtain a bit higher TPS on the Infernals than a Warrior will, and our threat will come more front-loaded from Judgment/Exorcism/Avenger's Shield at the start. Depending on your strat, we're also more of a safety net for catching the Infernals. You'll probably have that one person in your raid that won't run to the center of the road, or your Hunter will miss a spawn. It's nice to know you can reel it in yourself. :)
Mateo

Postby Eliane » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:38 am

I tank the infernals with no FR gear, just the aura, and one dedicated healer with the help of some raid healers. I frappsed our latest kill but its a bit messy because alot of ranged dps died early on.

I can link it if anyone wants to watch it though.
Eliane

Postby Mithos » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:29 am

So it's practical to tank them without any FR gear/minimal FR? Ive only been to MH once and we had a feral druid in heroic badge FR gear tank them, it would be better if he DPSd and I tanked them thouh, but I only have green FR gear except the epic ring from killing mag (Trial) and the shield from heroic mana tombs.
Mithos

Postby enbee » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:57 am

Well I suppose it is, since we only use 1 healer on me, and he still goes to help heal the raid after the infernal drops. The incoming damage is pretty hefty, but nothing 1 healer can't handle.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Thyrion » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:54 am

I tanked the adds last night on our firstkill with 204 buffed FR, while being healed by a priest that stood near Jaina for her buff.

We used our mages to burn the infernal out of range of the swarm, so we lost quite some dps on the boss. But instead we freed up healer-mana for the raid.
Our setup consisted of 7 healers and in the tries before, it was very hard for the two raid-healers to keep the raid up.

But maybe we change our tactics a bit for next ID.
Thyrion

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:10 am

I've done the big error of not having FR on our first attempt. We downed him, but we ended up with me having 4 healers for me, while the MT had 2 >_>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:04 pm

Worldie wrote:I've done the big error of not having FR on our first attempt. We downed him, but we ended up with me having 4 healers for me, while the MT had 2 >_>

If you have all ranged dps killing infernals (and pull jaina with the infernal) 1 paladin spamming r8-9 hl on you can handle it allone tbh, I don't understand how you could need 4
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:31 pm

Let's say that we positioned KazRogal bad and his first Carrion Swarm aggroed Jaina and killed her guard, so actually we had only ranged DPS on the infernals, and i happened to be taking shitloads of damages from the infernal aura.

The 4 healers were actually 2 on me and 2 on FFA and healing me when needed.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jeslena » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:31 pm

I use FR gear for infernals since most of the damage seems to come from the pulse aura when compared to melee damage. Been told by healers that the FR does help out a lot, but it is still possible without it.
Jeslena

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal