Remove Advertisements

How painful is Kaz'rogal?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:46 am

Our first few kills we had no SR other than amulets and priest buffs. It really does make the fight a lot easier though.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Eanaddare » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:45 pm

We 1-shot it on a progression kill
Eanaddare

Postby Oramac » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:45 am

PsiVen wrote:It feels like a joke, he's easier than his trash and Anetheron as long as you don't have anyone jihad'ing up the melee camp.

damn i wish there we're more spaces aloud in sigs! you seriously owe me a monitor for making me spit my drink all over this one!

as for Kaz, i cant help ya much. i've never seen the fight. :(
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Parishna » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:51 am

Got two tries in on this one last night, strapped on the healing gear, but I was in the tank group not the shadow priest group and found myself going out of mana quickly (shadow buff apparently dropped too.. so I just had the medallion on)

15% on the second attempt.. so I am pretty sure he will die tonight.. except I won't be able to be there tonight.. so I wonder how they will do on the trash without the token Protection Pally :P
Parishna

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:24 am

Last time we did Kaz'Rogal, the tank for some reason died on the pull. I've Exorcised him and tanked him in Healing gear.
For sure i wasnt out of mana.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:24 pm

I've had the chance to tank this guy today.

I was quite worried about the chance of running out of mana and exploding.

However his (weak tbh) melee + his (non weak) Cleave seembed to be enough to keep me up. We had given to my party a shadow priest *just in case* but in the end it was unnecessary.
I risked to explode in the end when the mark's cooldown was like 20 seconds but a pot fixed it and the boss died right after casting another mark.

I was quite unsure if going for JoCr or JoW, i decided to go for JoW and maybe switch for Crusader in case my aggro was not enough but 1kish TPS looked fine already.

For the first time i've heard healers saying that i was easier to heal than the main tank, even...

So at the end, i don't think that this guy is *such* a pain.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:05 am

Can the tank get marked?
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Gerilith » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:10 am

Of course, yes.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby enbee » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:17 am

Why ofcourse? There are plenty of boss abilities that exclude the MT because it would break then encounter, and for paladin tanks, this basicly does, when it shouldn't. Yes people have tanked it, but I sure as hell don't feel comfortable doing it, when avoidance sprees can put me oom allone I don't want a dot that makes me go boom and kill melee on top of that.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Gerilith » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:34 am

You're right regarding the strange feeling you get whenever your mana drops below 3000, but Mark of Kaz'rogahl is a AoE effect, not a RSTS-effect. Whenever a great number of players is a target of an effect at the same time, this effect does not exclude the tank.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:18 am

Actually avoidance or not avoidance, the stuns of the boss will always make you take some decent amount of damage and possibly a crushing blow, so it becomes dangerous only if the raid DPS is too slow and you get to mark #7 and beyond.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Questioner » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:22 am

Just wanted to say I tanked him for our progression kill last night. Mana was not a problem at all. I died at 5% due to warstomp->melee->cleave->melee that totalled 28k worth of damage in less than 2 seconds, but pretty much anyone would have died to that. He fell shortly after that.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:47 am

Since some weeks we have the use of me tanking this one. Basically with a paladin tank, it's like a enrage timer (for melees). I seemb to keep up with mana until he gets to spamming the mark every 10 seconds. If your DPS can kill him before 3-4 mins you are fine.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cecill » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:30 pm

For this fight I throw on all my intellect/healing gear and auto attack with seal of wisdom on >.> And since we always have more than one pally, i give the raid my 3% crit judgement.
Cecill

Postby khash » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:09 am

i throw on heal gear just for the mana pool then auto attack with my Nightfall to keep JoW up and give the casters a dmg boost
khash

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal