Remove Advertisements

Death by fall damage? I'll fix that.

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Death by fall damage? I'll fix that.

Postby ecn » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:37 pm

We have been attempting archi and had quite a few people die to fall damage... So I posted this as a suggestion on our guild forums:

Falling to death is not excusable. Period. So lets make it hurt a little.... I suggest a 2500g pot (100g per raider) as we start archie. We just split it at the end of the night between the people who didn't die to fall damage. Don't die to fall damage and you get at least your 100g back, if not more. If you die to fall damage twice, you start adding 10g to the pot for the 2nd time, 3rd time and so on. I think people will start practicing with those tears a little more....

What do you think?
ecn

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:14 pm

clever
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Xfighter » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:57 pm

Best idea ever.

All my friends who are in guilds who can't down Archi, I am linking this topic to.
Xfighter

Re: Death by fall damage? I'll fix that.

Postby mazater » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:33 pm

ecn wrote:I think people will start practicing with those tears a little more....

We just usually do practice jumps 5-10 minutes in a row, no afking/slacking and whatnot allowed during that time.

Also, if you count roughly to 3 after you start falling and use tears, you should land just nicely.
mazater

Postby Dendrah » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:46 pm

When we learned Archi our raidleader did not allow us to do any DPS on him. He forced us to go to the enrage timer. Those not surviving 2 times in a row got replaced.
Dendrah

Postby phaqueue » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:23 pm

we've taken pugs into hyjal (both before and after patch) who had never set foot into hyjal before that - and we would still 1 or 2-shot archi...

the funniest one I can remember though was a resto shaman who died on 3 straight attempts... and we couldn't figure out why he always cratered... when we asked him why he kept dying - his response was "I didn't know there was a way to not die"

apparently being asked why he died every attempt, plus the multiple people saying to pick up tears before the fight... nor the full explanation of the mechanic when we were going over the fight... none of it prompted him to ask "why is no one else dying to this and I am?"

needless to say - he was promptly replaced... and down went archi...

it's nto that I fault people for now knowing how the mechanic works - everyone has to learn sometime - I fault them for not being observant enough to ask about things they don't know...
phaqueue

Postby Petrus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:10 pm

The really irritating thing is when you get RNG'd on that fight and die to a Doomfire or something after being feared into it with your pvp trinket and bubble down :/

No excuse for cratering, though. If anything, make them roll mages, get to level 20, and make them jump off the Great Lift in the Barrens and blink to avoid fall damage. It gives you a realllly good sense of falling mechanics in Warcraft and how to avoid death by them.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Invisusira

Postby vschiano2008 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:39 am

thats a great idea.

I mostly did archi progression on my priest- and i loaded up on feathers and used levitate every time..

Until i met silence- and it dispelled my levitate and forced me to learn tears in .2 seconds.

not using tears is about as epic as a mage not decursing themselves.
vschiano2008

Postby sanctifico » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:20 am

Dendrah wrote:When we learned Archi our raidleader did not allow us to do any DPS on him. He forced us to go to the enrage timer. Those not surviving 2 times in a row got replaced.

We did this too, I've only died once to fall damage, because Archie did a soul charge at 11% and I landed with 395hp and took 560 damage. (On my Priest at the time)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby ShaiHulud » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:27 am

Petrus wrote:The really irritating thing is when you get RNG'd on that fight and die to a Doomfire or something after being feared into it with your pvp trinket and bubble down :/

No excuse for cratering, though. If anything, make them roll mages, get to level 20, and make them jump off the Great Lift in the Barrens and blink to avoid fall damage. It gives you a realllly good sense of falling mechanics in Warcraft and how to avoid death by them.

There really is no excuse for dying on that fight period. When fear cooldown is up you should be atleast 30+yrds away from doomfire. The only excuse is an MT healer who should expect to be healed through doomfires.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Return to Mt. Hyjal