Remove Advertisements

Mount Hyjal - Rage Winterchill

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Morganim » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:27 am

Enkal wrote:Lol indeed! :twisted: That first time our warrior MT struggled and taunted an abom off me at every CD... :shock:

i HATE when warriors do that
i have an OT warrior, who will spam taunt on my mobs
like seriously ill be tanking something, his mob will die he will automatically run over and taunt my mob off me even if its at 30% hp etc

@ aboms,

i usually run up front and holy wrath, then each other tank (normally run 2-3 ot's in hyjal) tuants an abom and i get left with the rest
Morganim

Postby Enkal » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:12 am

Had fun times at MH last night. Some attempts at shackles in my consecration and I used in total 8 FAP's for 3 bosses. We had to take 10 minute breaks after Winterchill and 2nd boss for reading tactics tho ^^

What I did was to run up, frisbee, move backwards and popping consecration when mobs where in range. I also asked a priest to bubble me when necromancers where in the wave.

Lots of chaos when gargoyles spawned at the back of the horde base but it got sorted soon enough. :)

Oh and after 2nd boss we talked with Jaina for the mass teleport... well she cast her mass teleport... except that it was only her being ported lol, wipe at tons of mobs running in... if ppl hadnt paniced I might have done a "THIS IS SPARTA!" and popped my consecration at the entrance. ;)
Enkal

Postby Lisath » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:21 am

Enkal wrote:What I did was to run up, frisbee, move backwards and popping consecration when mobs where in range. I also asked a priest to bubble me when necromancers where in the wave.

My preference goes to get a warrior "sponge" stand in front of me in the entrance and time my Holy Wrath to get everything off him before he takes too much damage. He's pop Spell Reflect in case of Necromancers. The good thing is that Holy Wrath does not pull the Necromancers so they're free to be tanked/sheeped by someone else while I take care of the big melee swarm. ^^
Lisath

Postby Enkal » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:56 am

Ahh, never thought about that with holy wrath and the necromancers. Interesting.

Btw, I accidently stole Winterchill off our MT... didnt see her run in, just saw the boss and popped exorcism, judged crusader and hammered away... frontload threat was so high that he was glued to me the rest of the fight. :oops: 8)
Enkal

Postby Comandant » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:33 am

So is Rage a fight where pally MT is advantageous?

We just went into Hyjal for the first time last night, and some noob started the event before we were even buffed because he talked to the npc to start it. We got through all the waves but died on Rage because we really didn't know what we were doing and learned just how big death and decay's range was. We did it again after the wipe and killed him. E-Z mode for our first night in Hyjal.

As for the trash, I feel like a tanking god Lolz.

And I'm still waiting for my baby-rattle to drop.

Terroar - 70 Warlock
Zeiben - 70 Druid
Marmidon - 64 Warrior

Ducimus
Comandant

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:34 am

In theory we have a small advantage since we can build aggro at range if we get D&D on melee, but actually he hits for so few that i had to chain-chug mana pots and ask for innervates to not go oom, not even sitting helped much (uou 6k crit -.-)

Really, let a warrior tank this, at least they get rage by meleeing <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Enkal » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:50 am

Worldie wrote:In theory we have a small advantage since we can build aggro at range if we get D&D on melee, but actually he hits for so few that i had to chain-chug mana pots and ask for innervates to not go oom, not even sitting helped much (uou 6k crit -.-)

Really, let a warrior tank this, at least they get rage by meleeing <.<

I considered staying in the D&D to take some damage but since it was the first time for us and I basically stole Rage from our MT I kinda skipped it. I did consecrate before I ran out of D&D tho, quite nice to build threat at range. ;)
Enkal

Postby enbee » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:02 pm

I go stand in every single d&d on this fight
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Tekkel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:19 am

U build all but decent threat because he hardly hits u. Having 7 blocks on HS up before it runs out happened to me enough. I rather just let the warrior do it and spot heal iced people.
Tekkel

Postby Splug » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:19 pm

He has a mediocre attack speed, and the frost armor chill effect slows your attack speed. The low damage output means paladins are going to have mana issues, and the attack speed slow means warriors are looking at fewer HS's and poor rage build. In short, both tanks are kinda screwed in the threat building department, especially if they outgear the encounter. Regardless, Rage is not a very difficult fight. As long as you're not putting rogues or shaman in to tank him, it shouldn't be too bad.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Tekkel » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:02 pm

So tried again today. Ran 750 spelldmg this time with 2% crushable and I managed a whole 950 avg tps according to my MT.
Never ran oom and maintained full cycles of HS, Conc, seal/judge righteous and exorcism and wrath when off CD.
Just don't get why omen says I do such crap threat except for the fact he doesn't eat up many hs charges.
Tekkel

Postby Lakirby » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Note to self: Don't wear dodge gear tanking Rage.

Had to walk in D&D to get any mana back.
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Tekkel » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:28 am

Hmm next time we get there I'm gonna tank it I'll be wearing my spelldmg tank set. 6% crushable but doubt it matters that much on this boss. The aim is 1200tps but I'm still doubting if it's doable in my early t6 content gear.
Tekkel

Postby Tekkel » Fri May 09, 2008 7:25 am

Had a few tries again and came to 1100tps. I was crushable but since he only crushes for 8k and hardly hits besides that it doesn't really matter.
I managed to get a total of 16 blocks in 3 minutes and was mana starved for the last few percent.
And yeh if it would be a fast hitter then i'd have a bunch of more threat but I don't see myself topping 1300tps atm and this was with a woa totem again running around 700 spelldmg.

Getting quite annoyed by the low possible tps output against this mob :)
Tekkel

Curious about Jaina Proudmoore

Postby ldeboer » Thu May 29, 2008 9:30 pm

Lore wrote:Jaina Proudmoore should NOT be pulled into aggro with Rage Winterchill, as his Death and Decay ability WILL kill her, thus failing the encounter and forcing you to start over. Other NPC's can be brought into combat with him fine (particularly the Riflemen as they'll stay out of melee), but DPS on him isn't much of a concern.

Everything I have seen from captures etc on web says to get her involved cause she messes him up but make sure you tank away from her cause death and decay is cast onto your position as the tank.

Is this wrong?
ldeboer

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal