Remove Advertisements

Kaz'rogal Trash

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kaz'rogal Trash

Postby Jeryia » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:48 am

Hello,
I've recently joined a new guild that has a more ambitious job for the pally tank than most for the Kaz'rogal trash. I'm asked to tank everything that comes down the road (aboms, banshees, necros, etc.) in every wave.
The guild also insists that the pull must be done in that way.
So far my first attempts have been ablismal. The second I get stunned, I'm pretty much dead.

The guild also has annother prot pally(who isn't online very often) who is able to tank these waves without an untimely death.

I have looked around these forums and have found the Free motion potion. Will this honestly last long enough to save my ass, or should I look into other things?

Here's my armory link:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Jeryia

I have also tried swapping my T4 shoulders (my worst peice) for the Pauldrons of Abyssal fury to help with the mitigation.

I don't want to show up annother night to dissapoint.
Jeryia

Postby Marwan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:25 pm

Free Action Potions help a lot, they'll give you a nice buffer so your other tanks can taunt a few of the aboms off you.

Now mitigation really isn't an issue here ... when you're stunned you can't block or dodge so the only thing that is going to save you is Stamina and Armor.

Most important thing is to get a few of those guys off you and on some other tanks.
Marwan

Postby Holyfuri » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:31 pm

When I first started tanking hyjal I could easily handle any combination of crypt fiends, ghouls, banshees, and fel hounds that come down the road. Aboms and necros are the trouble mobs.

Necros should be cc'd as soon as possible.

Any aboms over what you can comfortably handle should be pulled off of you while you kite everything backwards through a consecrate + frost trap. When I started one was about all I could handle, now I can handle three and squeeze by.
Holyfuri

Re: Kaz'rogal Trash

Postby iwillpunishu » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Jeryia wrote: I'm asked to tank everything that comes down the road (aboms, banshees, necros, etc.) in every wave.
The guild also insists that the pull must be done in that way.

Expecting you too tank everything is just assinine. If all the necros are focused on you, you are going to die, unless you bubble or shield reflect(warrior), and if they're asking you too tank 6 abominations, that also is a recipe for failure. Necros should be cc'ed and single targeted a rogue or a dps warrior can do this and aboms should be pulled off of you by the other tanks in the raid.
iwillpunishu

Postby Kezia » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:32 pm

You can generally tank everything (excluding necros) for a few seconds so long as the other tanks pull the aboms off you. Free Action Potions help a ton if you've got more than 1 abom on you (that won't get off anytime soon). Just make sure the other tanks know that aboms and casters are your weakness.
Rhetoric of the Nightfall - Alterac Mountains (US)

Guild Master, Virulent // www.virulentam.wowstead.com // www.twitter.com/virulentam
Kezia

Postby Seloei » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:24 am

Being asked to tank 6+ abos + melee trash or 6 casters is pure suicide. The other tanks are lazy and should be yelled at. Well ofcourse... it is possible to aoe tank it but you don't outgear the place but did your predecessor do so?

Kaz trash however only has 2 waves that i remember that is that way, the rest is 6 ghouls/spiders. The other tanks HAVE to pick off the abominations, not random targets and it's a walk in the park. If they refuse then ask them why they are not willing to help you stay alive by reducing the only major spikeing off you. 10 + knockdown vs him getting knocked down by 2
Seloei

Postby Jeryia » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:17 am

Seloei wrote:Being asked to tank 6+ abos + melee trash or 6 casters is pure suicide. The other tanks are lazy and should be yelled at. Well ofcourse... it is possible to aoe tank it but you don't outgear the place but did your predecessor do so?

Kaz trash however only has 2 waves that i remember that is that way, the rest is 6 ghouls/spiders. The other tanks HAVE to pick off the abominations, not random targets and it's a walk in the park. If they refuse then ask them why they are not willing to help you stay alive by reducing the only major spikeing off you. 10 + knockdown vs him getting knocked down by 2

Hello,
My predecessor is pretty close in the gear comparison, he has a few things on me, but I wouldn't expect them to be life savers.
Here is his armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=pullup

It's not really the other tanks I'm arguing with. The guild only brings one other tank, a warrior. He generally grabs a necro or 2 off of me.

Yeah, the general consensus here is what I had originally thought. However, even though they claim this other pally can do it(They allow only one of us in the raid so I've never seen it), I won't do this again.

If they ask for it to be done this way again, I'll refuse. The only reason I'm around is because the other guy is almost never around. I hate giving any group the my way or highway routine; however, this one gives me little choice. I just needed to make sure I wasn't missing something important before saying this.

Thank you,
Jeryia

edit: fixed link
Jeryia

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Unless everyone overgears hyjal(which is like 2/3 pieces of SWP gear + full t6) a lot, I don't recommend solo tanking the waves. Even because you want a second tank at all times anyway.

1: Warrior stand ahead, with spell reflect on if there' necros on the pull
2: warrior reflects 2-4 sbolts, aggroes everything
3: Holy Wrath
4: Warrior take aboms off you if you are uncomfortable with the amount.

If no one has spell reflect, it's a good idea to have a piece or two of sr gear on, or time your bubble well and pray they don't aggro someone else till they're close enough/cced.

Typically(i'm in 4/5 t6, with most bt gear but those damn boots) I tank everything minus fourth abomination and beyond. Necros aren't even tanked sometimes, just stundpsed by the melee + npcs.

The more abominations on you, the more you'll be stunned, and the more you'll take a fuckton of damage. Don't be afraid to HoJ an abomination, and have the melee dps stunlock it as possible.
Free action potions buy you 30 seconds every 2 minutes, if you get to them before the stun. Avoidance helps.

when stunned, the combat log switches from

ghoul hits for 500(500 blocked)
tank dodges ghoul
tank dodges ghoul
ghoul hits for 1000
tank dodges ghoul
abom hits for 2500(500 blocked)
ghoul misses
tank dodges ghoul
tank parries ghoul
abom misses tank

to
ghoul hits for 1000
ghoul hits for 1000
ghoul hits for 1000
ghoul hits for 1000
ghoul hits for 1000
ghoul hits for 1000
ghoul hits for 1000
abom hits for 3000
ghoul hits for 1000
abom hits for 3000
ghoul hits for 1000
ghoul hits for 1000
ghoul hits for 1000

Yeah, it hurts.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:31 pm

pretty sure the aboms only hit for 1.5k and ghouls for 1k, but other than that. Yeah, thats whats going to happen.

Free Action Pots are a lifesaver against abos for the initial 30 seconds. After it's out you will spike like a mofo if you have 3+ abos on you
Seloei

Postby athom » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:33 pm

FAP for those first 10-15 crucial seconds needed for the warriors to get A-bombs of you is gold.

A RL who pushes you to tank whole front wave with A-bombs inside is...

Actually i would love to see someone tank whole wave 1 on Azgalor for example.

It did happen 1 time on wave idontrememberanymorethenumber on Anetheron...so we had the dps slacking really badly...and i'm tanking maybe 5-6 ghouls or spiders...next wave come...MT says in Ventrilo "I'll pick'em up!"...next second RL screams "Heal MT!!!"...but MT was allready dead...

I simply said to him "Welcome to the world of real tanking" :D
athom

Return to Mt. Hyjal