Rage Winterchill Trash - First time

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Rage Winterchill Trash - First time

Postby weirdaljr » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:08 pm

Hey guys, I am tanking Rage Winterchill trash tonight for the first time. I think I am probibly a bit overgeared but I still wanted some tips and advise. I didn't plan to use CC, should I? I had 4 tanks setup, 2 paladins, 2 warrios. I planed to start to AOE tank them while the warriors pulled off some mobs to tank. What should I watch out for? Is this a bad stratagy? My stats are like 16.5k health, 490D, & uncrushable totally unbuffed. Raid buffed generally around 21K health. Mostly T5/ZA/Badge gear.
weirdaljr

Postby Eaglestrike » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:58 pm

Only thing you need to worry about in the first 8 waves of trash are Aboms, which you should have the other tanks taunt off you and keep threat on while inside your consecrate to be AOE'd, and Necromancers, which need to get polymorphed/killed by melee. To pull I just run up to the gate, consecrate and run down the hill to the NPC's. First couple ticks give me threat and send the mobs to me and I start to consecrate/holy shield them down. You can easily hold all the spiders and ghouls at once, no point in the tanks doing anything but DPSing on waves with only those mobs.
Eaglestrike

Postby Arcand » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:17 pm

Pro tip: Get some Free Action Potions, and suck one down before you pick up a large group of Abominations.

Abominations knock you down, and while you're at zero dodge/parry/block the other bad guys will ram you hard. It's not a guaranteed death by any means, but your incoming damage will more than double for a couple seconds and it can happen a couple times consecutively.

Free Action Potions, which can be made at level 25 or thereabouts, make you immune to knockdowns for thirty seconds. How great is that?
Arcand

Postby weirdaljr » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:42 am

Just wanted to thank you guys for your tips. We were able to 2 Shot Rage. 1st attempt was just getting a feel for it and after that we were golden.

I made up a strat were each warrior tank marked there main target (1 tank skull and 1 tank X) when they were tanking necros or abombinations so single target DPS had a focus point in the AOE... seemed to work very well for us. Also had the hunters arrow there kite target so no one was taunting it back.
weirdaljr

Return to Mt. Hyjal