Remove Advertisements

Silence affecting judgements

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Silence affecting judgements

Postby Cakes » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:15 pm

This is in the Tempest Keep section because I noticed it on the Kael encounter, but it may be a bigger problem. I was following Thaladred around during phase 1, judging JotC, and then following him to maintain the judgement. I noticed that some of my judgements were falling off, which seemed somewhat inexplicable to me, since it's pretty rare to miss every swing for 20 seconds. Then I realized that while his silence was active, my melee hits weren't refreshing the debuff.

Has anyone else noticed this on this encounter or with silence debuffs in general? I'm going to test it out with mages and priests later today. Another place I can think to test it is on Shahraz and Gruul.
Cakes

Postby Lore » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:20 pm

Yep, silence makes it so you can't refresh judgements. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's always been that way, I haven't ever really noticed until recently.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:56 pm

In theory, the judgement refresh is a spellcast, like you can notice from the spellreflecting mobs, and even from the fact that things like the Tome of Fiery Redemption can proc from a seal refreshing.

So yes, if you are silenced for some arcane reason you will not be able to "recast" the judgement.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:07 am

So yet another one of our abilities that's confused if it's a melee or spell or both. Awesome.
Cakes

Return to Tempest Keep