The entry corridor tactics?

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

The entry corridor tactics?

Postby Ilara » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:55 pm

We've had a few bashes at TK trash over the past weeks.

Being a paladin tank, I cringe at the sight as the markings go up for CC. I'm sure we all do.
We are heading back tonight, this time to finish the fight and kill Void Reaver. What I'm here to ask however is how others handle the lead corridor with the multiple mobs. Last week was so slow with the CC I want to show off and pull as many as I can.

Before I make myself look the fool however, I thought it might be best to ask for others experience.

so basically this includes (cut from wowwiki);

Packs One, Three, and Four.

* Apprentice Star Scryer (cc)
* Bloodwarder Legionnaire (cc)
* Astromancer (cc)
* Star Scryer (cc)
* Bloodwarder Vindicator

Pack Two - Patrol
* 1x Bloodwarder Marshal
* 2x Bloodwarder Squire

Pack Five - Hatchlings
* Tempest Falconer
* Phoenix-Hawk Hatchling

My armory; if so needed:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... as&n=Ilara
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Re: The entry corridor tactics?

Postby Invisusira » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:08 pm

What I typically do:

Packs One, Three, and Four.
You will always have 2 Legos and at least 1 Vindicator.

I grab the two vindicators and tank them away from the group and have another tank grab the Lego. If there are two Legos, I grab one of them. (Or have an offtank grab one.) Lego(s) dies first, then Vindicators, then the casters. Casters are all CC'd. Sheep is best.

Pack Two - Patrol
I grab the two Squires, they die first. I have an off-tank tank the marshal AWAY from the group (they do aoe damage).

Pack Five - Hatchlings
These get interesting. I'll pull them back in into pack 4's room and have hunters/mages/druids stand in the hallway, CCing as many as they can. Whatever gets thru (MD pull) gets killed. You can kill the Hatchilings or the guys first, I've never run into any problems either way. It can get kinda chaotic with all the knockbacks everywhere, but noone really takes that much damage. Ranged taunt FTW.

There's how I do it, I'm sure there's other strats as well!
Invisusira

Postby Rainge » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:04 pm

Invisusira wrote:Pack Five - Hatchlings
These get interesting. I'll pull them back in into pack 4's room and have hunters/mages/druids stand in the hallway, CCing as many as they can. Whatever gets thru (MD pull) gets killed. You can kill the Hatchilings or the guys first, I've never run into any problems either way. It can get kinda chaotic with all the knockbacks everywhere, but noone really takes that much damage. Ranged taunt FTW.

Same room, but I get them misdirected. Drop a consecrate in the doorway and lodge myself in a nook in the wall. One paladin/priest standing in the rear door spam cleansing the silence off you and you just AoE tank them. Wars and Bears pick up the falconers as they come down the hall toward you.
Rainge

Postby Ilara » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:28 am

Thanks for the tips guys. Basically I just wanted some idea as to how many was a wise idea to tank at once without getting myself creamed. Managed ok during the humanoid mob pulls. I saved the raid a few times by pulling some loose ones, tanking two at some stages, and three on one in particular, that rather hurt. :( casters...

Highlight of the night for me was pulling all the hatchling's at once after letting them have another shot at ccing them all blow up in thier face.

Losses with CC and dps running wild after them = 6

My turn (raid leader didn't sound at all humored by me telling him how I wanted it done)

AoE tanking all in one spot just inside the corner.
losses = 0.

Adding a nice little message into raid chat "And THAT'S why you recruited me!"
Priceless.
8)
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Rasmfrackn » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:41 am

Invisusira wrote:What I typically do:

I grab the two vindicators and tank them away from the group and have another tank grab the Lego. If there are two Legos, I grab one of them. (Or have an offtank grab one.) Lego(s) dies first, then Vindicators, then the casters. Casters are all CC'd. Sheep is best.

There's how I do it, I'm sure there's other strats as well!

Do you mean you tank 2 legos, and someone else grabs the vindicator, Inv? That sounds backwards, since there are always 2 legos but usually only 1 vindicator.

Anyway, we CC all the casters and single-tank the melees. If it's 3/3, then we sheep 2 and trap 1, since we only have 2 mages. (We've done it with 0 mages, but it's annoying). We pull the vindicator into the room we're in and kill it first, and tank the 2 legos apart in the room they started in, so they don't whirlwind everyone. A healer runs up with those 2 tanks. I'm pretty sure you could tank both by yourself if you wanted to, especially if you've got good block value because the legos are dual wielders. You can back out of the whirlwind in time if you've got room to move.

We OT the squires and kill the marshall first, but we almost always lose a couple of melee to the whirlwind, so that might not be the best approach.

For the bird packs, I get a misdirect and a hunter goes and pulls. The healers put up earthshield and Prayer of Mending on the 2 falconer tanks to annoy me (get them to not do this if you can :) ), so now I stay up in the doorway by where pack 4 stands. I pop up holy shield and consecrate there and wait for the punt. If I position myself properly, I get knocked back into the nook on the side of that "pack 4" room where the crystals and the grayish wall meet, where I drop my second consecrate and tank the birds. I get dispells on the silences so I can keep consecrating, but we don't CC any. We kill the birds first and then the falconers, who are held by 2 warriors.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Return to Tempest Keep