Tanking weapons in Kael

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tanking weapons in Kael

Postby Eneru » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:06 pm

I noticed this in my combat log tonight:

I resisted and blocked and attack? how can that happen? Should I wear any magic resistance gear?

Btw I'm a blood elf :P
Eneru

Postby Kaelie » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:13 pm

Absorb isn't a resist, it's a shield of some sort. PW:S, Mana Shield, Ice Barrier, things like that give "absorbed". Anything you didn't block would be eaten by the shield if you had one up.
Kaelie

Postby Eneru » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:21 pm

Kaelie wrote:Absorb isn't a resist, it's a shield of some sort. PW:S, Mana Shield, Ice Barrier, things like that give "absorbed". Anything you didn't block would be eaten by the shield if you had one up.

ah ok must be the PW:shield from my healer :P

I feel a bit dumber now :roll:
Eneru

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Your healers have quite low +heal if their PW:S absorbs only 800 damages tho.

Might have been that thing u can place on Chest?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:45 pm

Not directly related to our tanking of the weapons, but does anyone know if the shield does shield spike damage when attacked from behind? We're trying to figure out whether it's okay to put melee DPS on it to help it get down near the rest of the weapons' HP.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Puss » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:19 am

melee can safely attack the shield from behind.
Puss

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:32 am

The shield spikes trigger only when the shield itself blocks your attacks. Since he cannot block from behind...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby minathia » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:58 am

Most likely that is a partial absorb, and he blocked the rest.
minathia

Postby Lore » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:21 pm

Worldie wrote:Your healers have quite low +heal if their PW:S absorbs only 800 damages tho.

Might have been that thing u can place on Chest?

Or maybe that was the 2nd time he got hit after the shield absorbed all of the first hit ;)
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Viskahn » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:09 am

semi-related question; i saw on thott that the weapons at kael are level ??, but are they capable of crushing blows? i only ask since i know some of the ZA bosses cant crush.
Viskahn
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:32 am

Viskahn wrote:semi-related question; i saw on thott that the weapons at kael are level ??, but are they capable of crushing blows? i only ask since i know some of the ZA bosses cant crush.

The weapons are level 70. No crushing blows to be had.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Viskahn » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:08 am

oh, on thott it claimed that the weapons were boss level ("??"), i stand corrected.
Viskahn
Maintankadonor

Return to Tempest Keep