Looking for a Paladin who has main tanked Kael P4/5

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Enkal » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:09 am

Seems I've been appointed P4/P5 tank for Kael since I mentioned bubble as a good way to avoid his pyro, now my question:

Should I gear for max stamina for this fight (with DMC:Vengeance + Spyglass of the hidden fleet as trinkets)?
Enkal

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:10 am

You should go for as much stam as possible, mantaining proper avoidance stats. Uncrushable is desiderable but not 100% needed.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Enkal » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:37 am

Thanks, should be at about 21-23% dodge, 17ish % parry and 23% block without HS

2nd question: Is it hard to keep the threat lead against melee classes with all those 20% haste effects from the legendary weapons? I guess I'll only pick up the shield right or should I also take the 1h sword or healing mace (for spelldamage)?
Enkal

Postby nicolax » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:00 am

Enkal wrote:Thanks, should be at about 21-23% dodge, 17ish % parry and 23% block without HS

2nd question: Is it hard to keep the threat lead against melee classes with all those 20% haste effects from the legendary weapons? I guess I'll only pick up the shield right or should I also take the 1h sword or healing mace (for spelldamage)?

i just did it yesterday for our guild first, use 2*+51stam trinket or the dmc: vengeance and the spyglass.
don't worry too much about being crushable, i was crushable by 0.6% and didn't even used the libram of repentance. i preferred to use the libram of zeal but it seems it wasn't necessary.

also, depending on your hp (i have 22500 fully buffed), and dps on kael'thas on phase 4, you may want to save your bubble if a flamestrike occurs just under your feet. That kind of thing gives me almost a heart-attack everytime and with kael'thas beating on me, i'm not sure if i have the time to walk out of it or if i just run away and let kael hit on my back :?

like jonesy wrote on a previous post the best rotation is :

1st barrier : pw : shield + fire pot, use on shield, interrupt
2nd barrier : pw : shield+seed, use on shield, interrupt
3rd barrier : pw:shield+fire pot, use on shield, interrupt
4th barrier (slightly different, since i saw kael change target i just reversed the order) : use on shield, bubble, interrupt and cancel bubble
5th barrier : pw : shield + fire pot, use on shield, interrupt
6th barrier : pw : shield+seed, use on shield, interrupt
7th barrier : pw:shield+fire pot, use on shield, interrupt

check that ss for tanking stats or my armory, and don't worry about threat, i had a very huge lead on phase 5, only melee dps needs to be (a little) careful about aggro in phase 4 :

nicolax

Postby Enkal » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:15 am

I can get 16k unbuffed health in full stamina gear atm, should hopefully be enough. Should have closer to 400 spelldamage in that gear with oil. Thanks for the tips, will be fun to see if I can do it hehe
Enkal

Postby Lieris » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:23 pm

I might be tanking Kael tonight for our third kill (having DPSed on our previous two). Our DPS consistently gets through the shield to interrupt the second pyro so I'm considering stacking more threat than stamina. I'm pretty sure our MT did not blow cooldowns to absorb a second pyro anyway so I think if your DPS is good enough to enter P4 with all advisors down (except maybe one on less than half health) so you have your entire raid DPS focused on nuking it down then you don't need to play around with pots and seeds so much (DS can still be your get out of jail free card though if it's the last pyro before P5).

http://wowwebstats.com/qvd2vpmcqrqhg?s=4738-5720
http://wowwebstats.com/qvd2vpmcqrqhg?s=4738-5720&a=59

It doesn't look like Kael got off a single pyro here and our raid DPS is good but not incredible. If Kael is getting off 2 pyros each shield I think you need to ask your DPS to up their game a bit.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Did it: http://wowwebstats.com/dsw2qnsu6fmu5?s=7207-8238

Again if your DPS can't interrupt the second pyro you need to ask them to improve. Having to cycle nightmare seeds and fire potions whilst creative isn't really an intended part of the encounter. Tell them to up their game, it's possible even to interrupt the first pyro if people blow their cooldowns.

He's a really fun boss to tank, just be very aware of flamestrikes and to use the shield when he starts casting the first pyro. Really hammer into your DPS the importance of interrupting too! That said he melees for less than a trashmob so the odd fireball is nice for mana regen XD
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Exia » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:35 am

I am curently MT-ing Kael'thas during P4 for our guild Progression.

I have fully understant the rotations for the Pyros.

But, I have one question that remains: Is it possible to bublle trough 2 Pyros without sacrifying a Shadowpriest/Healer that would be next to me on the aggro list ?

I plan for the first series of Pyro to: Shield,Bubble, Bubble. That way, I would be able to let the DPS to fully focus any remaining adds with very few healers. Is that viable ? Does KT change target when he starts to cast the third Pyro ?
Exia

Postby Lieris » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:45 pm

That should work although you should have all four dead before the first shock barrier: If two advisors are up in P4 during pyro your raid DPS probably isn't good enough. I think someone tried this bubble method and found that once he locks on for the first pyro, the next two will be on the same target regardless of immunity so no shadow priests need be sacrificed.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Exia » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:57 am

Thanks for your Answers.

My DPS manage to kill them at least three adds before the first shock barrier in our last two atempts.
But while learning the encounter, the recovery from one phase to another can be quite tedious. (the MC and the phoenix can be overwhelming in the beginning of P4).
I just like using old Pally tricks to make the encounter easier for my guildmates.
Exia

Postby Elladan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:26 am

Hi everyone

I'm also tanking P4 of kael but I'm pretty worried about my threat at the moment. We've only just been in phase four and I ate fireballs without the healingbuff on me, so went down pretty fast

I meet all the HP requirements and I've been practicing my bubbleskills combined with the consumables, but I've sacrificied a lot of spelldamage for stamina. I'm at 235 spelldamage atm and around 300 with the mace. Won't I gimp my DPS by having low threat?
Elladan

Postby Dorvan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:42 am

235 +dam? Yeah, I think that's very likely to be a problem on this fight. What +dam pieces are you using?

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Elladan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:38 am

Dorvan wrote:235 +dam? Yeah, I think that's very likely to be a problem on this fight. What +dam pieces are you using?

boots from heroic Shattered Halls, CoT blade, T5 shoulders, Belt of the Guardian and that's mostly it in full stamina gear. Added the SoR libram to it now.

I've got the a'lar trinket as well but really can't afford the 45 stamina I'm losing if I equip that trinket
Elladan

Postby Teloc » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:18 am

My guild just started kael yesterday, we can make it to stage 3 but were having a little issue with the weapons. But we had to take some lackluster deeps cause of some minor guild drama that should be fixed. We normally run with 3 tanks. bear/me/prot warrior.

Since i'm going to be tanking the weapons aoe style like i was doing last night the druid is picking up the eng and our warrior it picking up Sang, that leaves me as the open tank for Kael.

I've read up on everything everyone has said about paladins tanking kael and I can get 15960hp unbuffed. Using two stam trinkets and remain uncrushable, with the kael shield equiped. I got fire pots ready incase I have to eat a pyro blast twice, first time I'm gonna bubble/remove bubble.

So, mostly is there anything I should look out for?

Here is my armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ak&n=Teloc
Teloc

Postby Tyaera » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:26 pm

Try blowing bloodlusts in phase 2 once the Bow dies and AOE begins
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

PreviousNext

Return to Tempest Keep