Remove Advertisements

Bored @ Kael'thas Sunstrider

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby nicolax » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:40 am

Donjuan wrote:
Worldie wrote:If you have the HP it's all about moving out of flamestrikes and clicking a couple of buttons :)

25+k hp right?

there is no way to get 25k hp at t5 i think. i tank kael with 22.5k hp fully buffed, fire res aura, pw : shield, and rotate between major fire protection potion/nightmare seeds/bubble. never died due to a hp shortage if everyone else is doing his job right
nicolax

Postby Lisath » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Not that much, 21-22k should be enough. If your DPS is well stuffed (if you've been doing SSC/TK a lot) you also don't really have to worry about it since every 2nd pyroblast will be kicked.

Other than that, i do quite the same things as Worldie :
- P1 : Run around cheering people or drinking my coffee 'til i can tank Telonicus.
- P2 : Run and place a consecration just in front of Kael to grab my mobs, step aside and tank shield + daggers + sword + sometimes one of the two caster weapons.
- P3 : Take Telonicus again.
- P4/P5 : Grab phoenixes and FoL rank 1 people around with the mace.

Grabbing Telonicus is the best we can do if we want to tank one of the advisors imho. Being able to Divine Shield the toy debuff is pretty sexy since he likes to go out of range and throw bombs at you when you're stunned. ^^

I think the axe is still a bad idea when a warrior or druid could take it and let you grab 3 or 4 weapons, allowing your mages/locks to dps faster.
Lisath

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:02 pm

Before 2.3 i've been using my spelldam weapon to tank but in 2.3 the mace is quite good since it has mp5, and a bunch spelldamage. Too bad 2.3 came when i already had hyjal mace and so in the following kills i didnt need any weapon.

Also, in theory we can tank Sanguinar if we can ninja a fear ward. In p1 he dies so fast that he will get out only one fear if none at all, in p3 as long as we have 1 fear ward we are fine, since you can use the shield to absorb the fear, or just bubble/bop if it comes at wrong time, and i doubt he would not be dead before 2-3 minutes when fear ward CD will be up again.

I remind once on our learning attempts, the Sanguinar tank died on start of P3 and due to spiritual attunement aggro, Sanguinar went to me. I basically tanked Telonicus + Sanguinar for like 2 minutes and menaged to not get feared at all. Then Thaladred decided to hug me, and all 3 were too much <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dianora » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:48 pm

Worldie wrote:Before 2.3 i've been using my spelldam weapon to tank but in 2.3 the mace is quite good since it has mp5, and a bunch spelldamage. Too bad 2.3 came when i already had hyjal mace and so in the following kills i didnt need any weapon.

Also, in theory we can tank Sanguinar if we can ninja a fear ward. In p1 he dies so fast that he will get out only one fear if none at all, in p3 as long as we have 1 fear ward we are fine, since you can use the shield to absorb the fear, or just bubble/bop if it comes at wrong time, and i doubt he would not be dead before 2-3 minutes when fear ward CD will be up again.

I remind once on our learning attempts, the Sanguinar tank died on start of P3 and due to spiritual attunement aggro, Sanguinar went to me. I basically tanked Telonicus + Sanguinar for like 2 minutes and menaged to not get feared at all. Then Thaladred decided to hug me, and all 3 were too much <.<

I had 1 fear ward in the beganning before I get the shield. After the first fear (and me getting a shield), I can basically cancelled every one of his fear by looking for him casting fear and using the shield. And he doesn't hit me any harder than I anticipated (I was wearing a high threat set for AoE tanking the weapons).
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby mungies » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:25 pm

i usually just judge wis in phase 1 and tank telonicus, phase 2 i grab daggers and whatever else consecrate picks up, phase three is back to telonicus, and i'm not sure what i'd be doing in phase 4 since telonicus is still up everytime we've got there and i'm usually still on him.
mungies

Previous

Return to Tempest Keep