Bored @ Kael'thas Sunstrider

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bored @ Kael'thas Sunstrider

Postby Maz » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:10 am

Alright...

My guild has been working on Kael and bringing four tanks, myself included.

I do NOTHING in phase 1. I tank the Axe in Phase 2. And then stand around looking pretty for Phase 3. (which is where we are dying).

Of the weapons, I have three options:

1) Mace - This is usually the first to die and despawns by the time the tank is dead. I've learned to stun the Axe, fetch the Mace and go back to tanking the Axe.

2) The Shield - my guild tells me the cooldown is slightly longer than the Fear, but I think that is BS.

3) Axe - Two-Handed DPS but no freakin' DPS gear on and no reasonable debuffs.

Only think I can do is lay down the mace buff by casting rank 1 FoL.

I'm incredibly bored and honestly have no interest in this fight beyond killing him...

Help?
Maz

Postby PsiVen » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:26 am

Yep, I lay down the mace buff in p4/5 when I can with rank 1 or max FoL's depending on if someone actually needs healing at the time.

In p3, I usually spot heal the Sanguinar tank and grab him a dagger.

You could tank phoenixes if your strategy involves that sort of thing, though from my guild's experiences with this I would recommend your warlock tank kiting them (with perhaps a spare hunter doing it when Capernian isn't quite dead yet).

I'm not a big fan of Kael. It's one fight where I really feel like a liability as a tankadin.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:17 pm

On our tactic, i tank Telonicus in p1 and p3, AoE tank 3 or 4 weapons in p2 (dagger, mace, shield, sword sometimes also) and kite phoenixes in p4.

Avenger Shield + JoB is a epic thing to get phoenixes attention and bring them around =)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:54 pm

You should be tanking phoenixes in P4/5, yeah. Phase 1 is just plain boring as hell.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Eliane » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:15 pm

Lore wrote:You should be tanking phoenixes in P4/5, yeah. Phase 1 is just plain boring as hell.

A tip for phoenix tanking is pickin up the shield. Use it when they are at low on health and eliminate the following fall damage. They shield can also be a life saver if you're tanking the engineer in p3.
Eliane

Postby QuantumDelta » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:59 am

I've been tanking;

P1: Nothing (I run around JoWing things for giggles, and spot heal when the healers are slow).
P2: The world.
Seriously.
Everything except the Axe, and the Shield, and the only reason I don't tank the Shield is because the Kael tank drags it off with him after during P3 (the axe should be obvious :P).
P3: Any weapons left alive.
P4: 'Nixes with the shield letting it kill itself.

Nyugh <3 Protadins.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Thyrion » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:28 am

Why do you tank the Axe in p2? This is the worst you can do for raid-dps.

How can anyone else grab the weapons so easily as a Paladin can?
After killing Telonicus (that I do tank), I drop a consecrate in front of Kael, get a misdirect for the daggers, and the rest goes by itself.

We have the following kill-order:
Ranged: 1. Staff - 2. Bow (but only classes without significant aoe) 3. dots on the axe
Melee: 1. Mace - 2. Daggers - 3. Sword - 4. Shield
AOE: After the staff is dead, aoe starts on all weapons except the bow.

We sometimes manage to have only the Axe left, when p3 starts ... sometimes I still have the shield on me, when I grab Telonicus again.

We also tank phoenixes in p4. Responsible are a feral and me, depending on current positioning.
In p5 we only kill one phoenix (and egg) and focus fire on Kael.
Thyrion

Postby Lore » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:28 am

Thyrion wrote:Why do you tank the Axe in p2? This is the worst you can do for raid-dps.

Someone has to tank it.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:46 am

I tank Mace and Daggers, when they are dead, I tank Sang, other then that, I stay alive, shift some blessings, heal (pick up mace), and sometimes dps the eggs a bit.
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:04 am

Eliane wrote:
Lore wrote:You should be tanking phoenixes in P4/5, yeah. Phase 1 is just plain boring as hell.

A tip for phoenix tanking is pickin up the shield. Use it when they are at low on health and eliminate the following fall damage. They shield can also be a life saver if you're tanking the engineer in p3.

I actually pop the shield in p3 if Thaladred decides that he wants to meet me and happen to be patrolling exactly where Telonicus is...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Eliane » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:57 am

I use the shield in p3 aswell. Its very usefull if your healer gets gazed and has to run around for a while too.
Eliane

Postby divinituss » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:39 am

Anyone MTed Kael? I heard its not that tough.
Kimbeatina - Frostmourne

divinituss

Postby QuantumDelta » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:57 am

It's not, so long as you meet the HP requirements you're fine.
QuantumDelta

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:59 am

If you have the HP it's all about moving out of flamestrikes and clicking a couple of buttons :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Donjuan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:54 am

Worldie wrote:If you have the HP it's all about moving out of flamestrikes and clicking a couple of buttons :)

25+k hp right?
Donjuan

Next

Return to Tempest Keep