Remove Advertisements

Al'ar Add Tanking

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:52 am

Dragonzbane wrote:We just have to get the Ranged DPS and healers to realize:
Standing in Fire = Bad

That reminds me of good old ZG and MC...

"MOVE FROM FLAMES FFS"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Agravaine » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:05 pm

Do I need any fire resist for add tanking.
Agravaine

Postby Joanadark » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:38 pm

all their damage is physical.
stack Block Value.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Kayoto » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:31 am

Joanadark wrote:all their damage is physical.
stack Block Value.

Minus the big fiery explosion for 6-8k when they die.
Kayoto

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:13 am

Kayoto wrote:
Joanadark wrote:all their damage is physical.
stack Block Value.

Minus the big fiery explosion for 6-8k when they die.

If your healers let you go below 6-8k health while tanking those phoenixes they have big phat problems. :)

However, accurate use of Kidney Shot + CoS from rogues in p1 and HoJ and bubble in p2 can make you avoid most of their explosions.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tekkel » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:38 am

I tanked em this week, taunted 2, threw an AS and position them where i want. Like 10-15 yards from a wall on the side. I mark the 1 killed first and I get a knockback into the wall and pretty much can get back to the tank spot without the 2nd add moving far. That gets killed as well and rinse and repeat after. Only flame patches can be annoying but I get 1 healer and I didn't have any trouble as long as I used the AS otherwise a druid would aggro the add after the taunt and before it got into my conc.
Tekkel

Postby Tiandelin » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:01 pm

Well, if you're going to try tanking all the adds in phase 2, you definitely need to wear a decent block set. Mine has 710 block value and over 46% block chance without holy shield, and I can comfortably hold over a dozen without overly stressing my healers. According to WWS, only about 8% of hits get through to me unblocked.

I just tank them roughly in the center. I've never had one blow up on me, but I always switch to new targets when I pick them up and use consecrate only a couple times per spawn. That seems to be enough to hold them. To pick them up, I either taunt them directly or the holy paladin standing next to me pulls aggro with RF and heal-spamming and my consecrate gets them.

It might just be me, but I find it far less stressful than running around the room picking up adds and trying to hold them against dps while also trying to avoid running out of mana. Al'ar seemed to die a lot faster doing it this way too.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Kellann » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:26 pm

Random thought:

Anyone ever tried kiting them like razorgore adds? I mean...there's ramps...and some "tank them all" strats talk about having the 4th tank grabbing the adds after meteor then we taunt...

Dunno, just seemed like a fun idea :)
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Would basically be impossible for healers to follow you :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elladan » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:23 am

still confused if it's 3% current or total HP and if anyone could get some comfirmation for that.

had my first night of tries on him last night and I just kept using taunt whenever adds spawned, worked like a train and we never had silly birds wondering off. Did throw in a frisbee once in a while to keep them on me, but still, first I taunt
Elladan

Postby Worldie » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am

It's about 3% of his _total_ hp.

However, he cannot die from an add death.

Worldie
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Tempest Keep