Remove Advertisements

aoe tanking the Phoenix-Hawk Hatchlings

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Brute » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:53 am

healer dispelling is another great tip. I should be coming up with those kinds of things on my own. :shock:
Brute

Postby Cames » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:03 am

The way I do this is use my Decapitator to pull the birds. I ensure I have Sanctuary and Righteous Aura up.

I drop a Holy Shield on me and Drop a Consecration at the door.

I then run to the far end of the room and eat a couple of arrows as the hunter mobs come through the door, until the separate tanks pull them off. We kill the hunters first and I get bounced around and see all kinds of pretty colors. I get off the occasional Holy Shield and Consecration and by the time the guild gets to me I have pretty solid aggro.

This is the only duty left in guild for my prot pally. Other than that I play my hunter.
What is not dead can eternal lie;
In strange aeons, even death may die.
Cames

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:21 am

Well, I stand in the hallway and one of the hunters does a Spreadshot(?) MD to me while the 2 Humaniods are MD'd to the other 2 tanks. As the adds hit the hallway I drop a consecrate and walk back and to my left until I'm braced up against the center of that wall.

Pretty easy actually.

I guess I'll have to bug the other Paladins about not cleansing my silence.
Dragonzbane

Postby Brute » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:01 am

Done it a few times now, and what i've settled on is dropping a consecrate in the doorway and then heading for one of the back corners in the room and parking it there.

Then I start screaming at the healers for cleanses. They don't have a problem healing me, but they never remember to cleanse.

We have the trash on farm now, but we still haven't killed VR. Got under 10% last attempt.
Brute

Postby khash » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:21 am

ya, my healers never remember to cleanse but after about 5 seconds with ret aura and darkmoon card you can go afk till the pull is over and not lose aggro
khash

Postby onacouch » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:19 am

Cames wrote:This is the only duty left in guild for my prot pally. Other than that I play my hunter.

You're in the wrong guild!

As for how I do it, I just wear block/spell damage gear, and have a hunter MD to me while I stand in a corner. As soon as I see the birds I drop a consecration and try to have holy shield up before they get to me/silence me.

For this method it is CRUCIAL no one blood-rages/buffs/heals or anything 'till the birds are in your consecrate.
onacouch

Postby plisken451 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:32 pm

Just to take the silence out of the equation, would a blessing of sanctuary, along with ret, and the lichen guard (with spike) pretty much guarantee perma-hate?
ImageRetired

Mirraluun - Asmodian Chanter - Fregion Server - Eated by hackers
plisken451

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:49 pm

I just simply drop a consecration in the doorway , we use two hunters to pull the archers to the warrior/druid tanks , once the birds pass through the aoe they all stick like glue on me , imho I once had a DC just when I was pulling , to my surprise when I logged back in I found all the birds on me , noone noticed :D
Io.Draco

Postby Puss » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:23 am

Exactly like Kayallah. Works like a charm. I tank the adds in the middle of the small room btw.. to stay away from the rest. Back to the wall-thingy in the middle of that small room just before Al'ar.
Puss

Previous

Return to Tempest Keep