Remove Advertisements

aoe tanking the Phoenix-Hawk Hatchlings

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

aoe tanking the Phoenix-Hawk Hatchlings

Postby Brute » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:49 am

Ok so I'm having major issues doing this...

They silence, so I can't cast as often as I'd like.

They knock back, so until I get myself situated in a corner (which can take a while because of repeated knockbacks) I can't keep them still or keep them in my consecrate.

There's a bunch of them, so I can't just taunt them all off the warrior at once and then go hide in a corner on the pull... I was told I needed to pull and the warriors could taunt the falconers off of me, which seemed like a good idea until the shield only hit 3 and healers drew agro almost right off the bat.

Its also hard to taunt because i'm in a corner and can't really see the raid very well.

If anyone has experience doing this or would just like to say "L2Play nub" or anything else, please feel free.
Brute

Postby dhan619 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:51 am

Hang around in the corner and have the pull initiated by having a hunter misdirect to you. You will get the initiation aggro and also aggro from the targets that were hit. Time your consecration right and judge the distance and how much time you have left before they hit you and then smash spam consecration and holy shield.

You will be able to tank them easily if you are in that corner.

The initiated aggro gives you the first tick on consec on every single mob... enough to hold it over any heals.
Danielhan
<Grandeur>
Server: Muradin

dhan619

Postby Kayallah » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:54 am

We have our warrior mt shoot the humanoids and I throw a Consc. down in the doorway to the hallway.

He runs back to the group, beating on his humanoids and as the hatchlings run through the Consc they aggro onto me. I stand in the corner against the wall and have a healer dispel me with another healer farther back dispelling him. I consc/holy shield mash with Ret aura up. Then we aoe them down.

I tab around and make sure they're all on me. Any strays I taunt.

It took me a few times before I got it down and stopped killing over-zealous warlocks :-P
Kayallah

Postby Brute » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:54 am

Awesome, thanks. That's a great idea and I should've thought of it. I should have no issues tomorrow with that (at least not that I can think of).
Brute

Postby Tiandelin » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:13 am

Did it for the first time last week when we decided to go after Void Reaver since we didn't have a good group for Vashj. Like Kay, I threw down a consecrate in the doorway to Al'ar's room when the pull happened and hit holy shield as I ducked into the corner next to it. The hawks piled onto me like clockwork and I just spammed my HS and consecrate keys. They died without issue to seed/flamestrike/blizzard spam, and there was much rejoicing.

I didn't have issues holding aggro on them, but I was wearing my threat gear (4/5 T4 and the T5 legs, among others) and had nearly 500 spell damage. The healers didn't seem to have any difficulty keeping me up. For the silences, I had a priest whose only duty on those pulls was spamming dispel on me.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby DJSticky » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:41 am

I stand in the first dorway (not into Al'ar's room but the one to the hall before that). The raid is behind me and a hunter MD's the humanoids to a warrior who is also behind me.

I drop a concecrate in the doorway, back up and to the right agianst the wall. All healers are on the opposite side to avoid the silence. Spam concecrate, HS and be spam cleansed to avoid the silence.
DJSticky

Postby Zalaria » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:49 am

DJSticky wrote:I stand in the first dorway (not into Al'ar's room but the one to the hall before that). The raid is behind me and a hunter MD's the humanoids to a warrior who is also behind me.

I drop a concecrate in the doorway, back up and to the right agianst the wall. All healers are on the opposite side to avoid the silence. Spam concecrate, HS and be spam cleansed to avoid the silence.

We do it the same way, works like a charm unless the healers suddenly decide to go afk before the pull :evil:

...but going to the left is better than the right! :P
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:09 am

I usually stand in Al'Ar room doorway, wait for hunter to MD pull the belf to other tank, pop a consecration and run to the corner. I have a paladin or priest chaindispelling me tho.
Redoubt and Blessing of Sanctuary greatly help there.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Derbish » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:32 am

I'll put on a shield with a spike for this. Also, a slow trap in front of the doorway will keep them in my initial consecration a little longer for an extra tick of damage as they come through. Other then that, pretty much as above.
Derbish

Postby DJSticky » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:54 am

Zalaria wrote:...but going to the left is better than the right! :P

Lies!!
DJSticky

Postby Cakes » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Heh, I do this a little differently. I throw down consecration at the doorway like most, but then I let them kick me down the hall into the previous room. I back into a corner while the raid kills the two humanoids, then they open up on the birds. We've just had far too many pulls where someone decided they would stand too close to the door and get punted out into Al'ars room, subsequently pulling the other pack.
Cakes

Postby YoYoMa » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:26 pm

I actually just pull the whole thing. Stand out far enough into Al'ars room and prox the whole pack. Lay down a concecrate at the door and then make sure my back is turned towards the corner of the hall way. As the pack comes through they kick me back into the corner, the warriors peel off the two mobs and the raid kills the two guys while I aoe in the back for a while. Works perfectly every time.
YoYoMa

Postby Alienor » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:07 am

I drop a concentrate on the floor a few seconds before they enter, then I run around the corner and get my back to the wall. Then I spam the Concentrate and Holy Shield buttons just hoping to get one of them in during a break in the silences.
Alienor

Postby Lorath » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:42 am

Like Alienor, but I make sure one Pala is cleansing my silence alot. Raid kills my current target and there is no way noone can get aggro away from me. :)
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby khash » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:34 am

i pull a tidewalker. we always have a hunter pet pull so as the pet ducks around the corner i buff a blessing on the hunter, pulling myself into combat then i throw a quick HL on a lifetapping warlock, drop cons in the doorway and by that time theyre on me like white on rice, then just let ret aura/darkmoon card do all the work
khash

Next

Return to Tempest Keep