Remove Advertisements

High Astromance Solarian

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Arkellian » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:48 pm

We killed her last night on our second visit.

Try to get people to install SolarianAlarm as it is idiot-proof; your entire screen turns blue if you get the debuff.

I wore full +damage DPS gear with no resist. I had a 70 +damage flask too so I was around 850. WWS says I did about 650 DPS (mostly concencration).

She is tankable. Expect to be hitting Righteous Defense a lot until the first split. If you are on her first while the raid is cleaning up the adds and priests, she will only target you for most of her attacks. Her melee is weak, but better on plate than cloth!

We pile on her in the middle in one big group. Any Restoration Druids in tree form should stay outside the group; expect to use Righteous Defense on them when the adds spawn.
Arkellian

Postby ShieldLove » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:40 pm

During this fight, all of our ranged dps and healers pile on top of one person and stay there for the entire fight (with the exception of running from the group for bombs).

Once she vanishes, the entire raid piles onto that spot, and I pop consecrate / holy shield. This way, the mobs have no choice but to come to me.

After they all are hit by at least one tick, all melee go back to the portals to grab the priests. After one full cycle, all aoe damagers begin burning them down.

My guild's only difficulty with this fight has been a flat out refusal by 80% of the guild to put on any arcane resist gear. Any requests of "make it easy on the healers, give up 2 pieces of damage gear and take 50-60% less damage" are rebuffed with "The guide tells me i don't have to."

Because, you know, your first solarian attempt should be measured by the strength of those with Kael on farm.
ShieldLove

Postby Bryne » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:13 pm

Arcane resist for Solarian is stupid. The fight is so easy that you should be able to heal the incoming damage with any gear level.

If you have people blowing up the raid with Wrath, that's a different problem.
Bryne

Postby ShieldLove » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:56 pm

We actually have both. Guild composition (number of healers, ability of healers, and collective intelligence of the entire raid) can vary WILDLY. It also doesn't help that our only geared prot pally (me) is also the 2nd strongest (and longest lasting) holy priest we have.

I guess my real question is this: If the boss is so easy, then why is it a silly idea to tell people who are getting 1 or 2 shotted to swap in some relatively cheap gear and cut 4000 damage off every arcane volley? Shouldn't it still be easy with 10% less dps and 60% more survivability?
ShieldLove

Postby Bughead » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:01 pm

Is a prot pally needed for this fight? . Our guild posted a strat from Bosskillers on our website and they never mentioned paly tanking , only druids and warriors.

We havent tried this boss yet , and I'm alittle confused as to if I will be needed there or not.
Bughead

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:04 pm

Not needed, but makes the aoe phase extremely trivial.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:12 pm

Worldie wrote:Not needed, but makes the aoe phase extremely trivial.
First time I ever seen a protp ally mentioned on bosskillers is the Felmyst fight.

If you are a prot paladin, Bosskillers is NOT the place you want to go. Not on it's own at least.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Bughead » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Worldie wrote:Not needed, but makes the aoe phase extremely trivial.
First time I ever seen a protp ally mentioned on bosskillers is the Felmyst fight.

If you are a prot paladin, Bosskillers is NOT the place you want to go. Not on it's own at least.

Understood , but is there a site that lists detailed raid strats that includes palys more than they do?

... would love to find one if not just for my own info , but to have a link to throw at our raid leader once in awhile. It might get me into more raids. The powers that be in my guild treat Bosskillers as their 'Bible'
Bughead

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Mostly here O.o Here and the wiki tend to have info about paladin tanks.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:33 pm

The reason for which Bosskillers never notices prot paladins is that actually, in T5 content our aoetanking job can just be done by a prot paladin in tank gear, or even in healing gear. Murlocks, dragonhawks and solarian adds hit like girls.

The first true "prot paladin" fights are Felmyst and M'uru
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arcand » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:55 pm

Make a macro, and have the AoE wait until they see it.

Otherwise this will happen:

0:00.00 - First portal group enters your consecration.
0:03.00 - Second portal group enters your consecration.
0:03.01 - ImpatientWarlock_01 pats himself on the back for waiting so patiently, and starts casting his first Seed.
0:05.00 - Third portal group enters your consecration.
0:05.01 - First seed goes off, hitting the third portal group and requiring you to tie yourself in knots to keep them on you.
Arcand

Previous

Return to Tempest Keep